News Article: Lebreton project

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
The common denominator for those scenarios is Melnyk not being in the picture.

At this point, that's probably all Ruddy wants.
Yep.

Okay, tin-foil hat time:

What if Ruddy only partnered with Melnyk to secure the Lebreton bid by having a guaranteed tenant for the stadium and always planned to try and force him out? Or perhaps Ruddy figured he'd at least get a minority stake in the Sens but upon working directly with Euge he decided "f--- no, this guy needs to go!"

Reactions: Silencio

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Yep.

Okay, tin-foil hat time:

What if Ruddy only partnered with Melnyk to secure the Lebreton bid by having a guaranteed tenant for the stadium and always planned to try and force him out? Or perhaps Ruddy figured he'd at least get a minority stake in the Sens but upon working directly with Euge he decided "f--- no, this guy needs to go!"

Ruddy to Melnyk:

1147862.jpg

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Yep.

Okay, tin-foil hat time:

Whenever people have to work directly with Melnyk, things go south. He doesn't have any more buffers.

For years, Bryan Murray was able to keep him away from hockey ops so the team still had a high-level of professionalism and direction. During the bidding process for Lebreton, it was Cyril Leeder who was driving things forward.

Both of those guys are gone and this is what we get. For all their faults, they were able to keep a lot of the crazy at bay.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Yep.

Okay, tin-foil hat time:

The real tin-foil hat theory is that the group that purchased and refinanced the debt on the franchise is led by Ruddy, and he has carefully orchestrated all of this to commit Melnyk to an arena deadline that would force him to make a decision, then call the debt in in the middle of the process.

I mean, it's a crazy theory that's almost assuredly not true, but that's would be the swan song of a crazy secret power play for the Sens I can hang my tin-foil hat on.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I thought Melnyk would sell either way, either by not getting lebreton or for getting it and having the value of the team go up. If they don’t resolve their issues in two months, I don’t see how or why he would keep the team.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
The real tin-foil hat theory is that the group that purchased and refinanced the debt on the franchise is led by Ruddy, and he has carefully orchestrated all of this to commit Melnyk to an arena deadline that would force him to make a decision, then call the debt in in the middle of the process.

I mean, it's a crazy theory that's almost assuredly not true, but that's would be the swan song of a crazy secret power play for the Sens I can hang my tin-foil hat on.

That is dirty.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I just started watching House of Cards, on season 2 ep 2 and I feel like so much of what is happening with Lebreton could be following the same theme.
Hopefully no one is meeting Ruddy or EM down by the LRT...

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Hmmm, in my fantasy Ruddy is more of a Hank Scorpio.

I could see this, his flamethrower would come in handy once he gains control to smoke out all the remaining rats in the org....scorched earth in both a figurative and literal sense!

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Eugene Melnyck wants to spend more time with his family. They've taken a backseat to hockey all these years.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Jesus. I would ride high on a wave of emotions. My loins would tremble and release all at once. That is just the kind of shit I like to see.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Looks like they are debating restarting the entire process.

In a way this could be good news, if Melnyk loses the Lebreton deal, I don't think he remains the owner for much longer.

Best case scenario for many involved is he loses Lebreton. Devcore wins it, builds an arena, and starves him out of all CTC events outside of hockey. It may still cost us our core, but that is what I can see happening.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Best case scenario for many involved is he loses Lebreton. Devcore wins it, builds an arena, and starves him out of all CTC events outside of hockey. It may still cost us our core, but that is what I can see happening.
Can you see the NHL bog,
really allowing this to continue??

Reactions: coladin

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada

Well, the current situation is not helping with keeping the core either...so #MelnykOut

Reactions: Sensung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad