News Article: Lebreton project

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
This is fantastic for the Sens and the citizens of Ottawa.

It is terrible for Eugene. His asking price will have to go WAY down.

Looks good on the idiot.

Well I wouldn't call it fantastic, it's more sad than anything.

I do get your point though and it could become a positive.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
So, if there is no hope for the Lebreton deal, what does EM do? Not what should he do, but what will he do?

Continuing at CT while losing money doesn't seem to be an option, or?

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
This is fantastic for the Sens and the citizens of Ottawa.

It is terrible for Eugene. His asking price will have to go WAY down.

Looks good on the idiot.
Ya a new group might build a new arena, but they might not. If they don't we're absolutely f***ed. Or they do, and Melnyk continues to be a stubborn asshole and keep the team in Kanata until it bleeds so much that it folds.

But yes, it definitely could work out way better, all depends on Melnyk really.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Honestly this is a great day for the Melnkout crowd, myself included. This is a massive win for anyone trying to buy the team.
IF and it's a big IF this is the end of the Rendez-vous partnership, this is great news not just for the #MelnykOut crowd, but for everybody (except MySens). I don't believe Melnyk can continue to run the franchise at CTC long term and I don't believe Bettman will allow the team to move so maybe a sale can finally happen.

Reactions: FlyingJ and Sensung

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
IF and it's a big IF this is the end of the Rendez-vous partnership, this is great news not just for the #MelnykOut crowd, but for everybody (except MySens). I don't believe Melnyk can continue to run the franchise at CTC long term and I don't believe Bettman will allow the team to move so maybe a sale can finally happen.

We can all finally agree on something! Unity!

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I just want a downtown f***ing rink. Like everyone else. Is that too much to ask. Why is it that some places can agree on something, and just get it done? f*** the NCC they're such trash, and f*** the other guy too.

Reactions: coladin

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
How long until the NHL realizes that this opportunity is being stripped from them and would need to intervene. This is exactly the kind of opportunity they have been waiting for since this organization has come into the league.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON

This is assuming the NCC proceeds with a bid that includes an arena. If it doesn't, then the Sens are royally f***ed.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
How long until the NHL realizes that this opportunity is being stripped from them and would need to intervene. This is exactly the kind of opportunity they have been waiting for since this organization has come into the league.

Technically the NHL works for Melnyk, not the other way around.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I just want a downtown ****ing rink. Like everyone else. Is that too much to ask. Why is it that some places can agree on something, and just get it done? **** the NCC they're such trash, and **** the other guy too.
I honestly don't think there is any turning back on a downtown arena. It will be built by someone and the Sens will play in it. It just might not be for 7-10 years which was likely the timeline anyways.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Technically the NHL works for Melnyk, not the other way around.

Not really. Eugene Melnyk owns one of 31 NHL franchises. The NHL works for their brand and franchises as a whole, not for individual owners.

Pro sports leagues have forced out owners before if they aren't acting in the best interests of the league, and it'll keep happening in the future.

Reactions: Sensung

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Wasn't the rumour floating around that his partners may have been behind the recent loans and are using all of that credit to push EM out?
There were rumours, but that seems quite unlikely.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
BOG real owner of the NHL, they can kick out Melnyk if he is not living up to standards. Why continue to share your revenue with Melnyk when he is guaranteeing a loss each year? When the Sens loses money, it affects all franchise owners and the value of NHL the business entity as a whole.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acidrain66

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
Not surprised that there's infighting between the Sens and Trinity.

Can't wait for Count and mysens to come in and spin this as proof of Trinity being in the wrong and honest Uncle Euge being the victim :p

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
If I was a on the BOG and saw Melnyk f***ing up a deal that would increase his franchise value (and all others), I'd be pissed.

This is such a massive opportunity for the league and the city. If he can't get it right, he needs to go, and I'm sure the league and BOG would agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad