News Article: Lebreton project

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
What an utter pile of nonsense. How deep from your ass did you pull all of this out of? Melnyk won't live for more than 3 more years? He wants to sell asap and yet has reportedly turned down at least one offer?

It's in his best interest to hold on for as long as possible so he can get the maximum amount of profit out of this venture. Especially if he is planning on leaving his estate to his children, what difference does it make what his life expectancy is?
Ooh boy. Didn't know you have a reading comprehension problem. Sorry.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Sooo, some of us think something that is wrong because you say its wrong, then you proceed to explain that but they are probably getting the LOC because they can't afford signing bonuses?? You are saying that Melnyk is not broke, but he can't afford to pay signing bonus, so he needed a loan???

Seems like your whole post is a giant contradiction.
...but it's not a loan.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Well I'm just using a little commonsense and some logic.

But let me ask you this, if YOU were paying a NHL player a signing bonus of 6 million USD on July first, next year, and the remainder of his salary, over the rest of the season, and had some cash flow issues .......... would you take the 6 million out of your saving account, on July 1st, or use the LOC to pay the 6 million, and spread out the repayment to the LOC over the season?
So after a gizillion of posted arguments about the LOC not being a loan, you're now suggesting he's going to use it. Truly man... you gotta find yourself a serious hobby other than confrontation.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

There is a lot of it buried there. And not for some farmer Jed to find some bubbling crude lol. Dirty, contaminated soil from homes that had buried oil tanks collapse with time. That is the most common type of soil issue.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The National Capital Commission board of directors is scheduled to receive an update on the LeBreton Flats partnership with RendezVous LeBreton Group over two days this week.
The board meets in a closed session on Wednesday before opening the doors to the public on Thursday.

5 LeBreton Flats issues to watch for at the NCC's last meeting of 2018

The up-in-the-air status of RendezVous LeBreton Group’s planning applications is one piece in the larger mystery surrounding the progress of the massive LeBreton Flats redevelopment project.

LeBreton Flats development applications are 'incomplete,' planning chair told

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Stop comparing your personal financial situation to the teams. You are comparing apples and bridges.

The rules for a LOC are the same for both .......... you only pay interest, if you draw from the LOC.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
But you just said that Melnyk is planning on using it for signing bonuses??

No, I said someone else, who posted on this site, suggested it could be used for signing bonuses ........... and if it was, it would be used on July 1st, if that is what the Senators decided.

What difference does it make what they use it for, you can go out, apply and secure a 100K LOC using your house as security, and never draw on it, should you choose not to?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Correct, it's a LOC.

I have LOC, and am not carrying a balance on it ....... so I pay zero interest on it.

A line of credit is a form of revolving loan, Heloc's being an example of a secured revolving loan, a credit card being a form of unsecured revolving loan.

You could I guess argue that the LOC is the agreement on the terms of the loan, and until he borrows from it, there is no loan, but you're basically arguing that the team has no intention of using the LOC which goes against the release which stated the intended uses.

When and whether you pay interest though is not what defines a loan, I can get a 0% loan to buy a car for example, it's still a loan.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
My god, look at all of you anti EM arguing about a term of a loan and the definition of what a loan is and line of credit. You are all looking so desperately to trash him.

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Do you also publicly announce to your friends, family and colleagues that you've been approved for a LOC to show them how financially stable and secure you are?

I might if I were embarking on a re-development of Lebreton Flats, and needed to assure the financial community that I was practicing sound financial preparation for such a venture.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
A line of credit is a form of revolving loan, Heloc's being an example of a secured revolving loan, a credit card being a form of unsecured revolving loan.

You could I guess argue that the LOC is the agreement on the terms of the loan, and until he borrows from it, there is no loan, but you're basically arguing that the team has no intention of using the LOC which goes against the release which stated the intended uses.

When and whether you pay interest though is not what defines a loan, I can get a 0% loan to buy a car for example, it's still a loan.

Stop putting words into my mouth, I've never said that, and have agreed with a previous poster that suggested it could be used for signing bonuses, as one example.

A LOC is exactly why you descried it as, a pre-approved loan.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018

Not sure why this person only focuses on the negative. They choose to make a big deal about the bad things and ignore all the positive. Things are on track despite what they say, because it is only THEIR opinion. The arena is going to get done. Things are looking good. I'm gonna be fine and that's what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad