Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 7-6 in OT

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Just being a realist dude, I’m sorry if my facts shake the rainbow and fairtail land you’re living in. Backup goaltending not good enough, defence not good enough.

My eyes are on the bigger picture, a championship. Keep that in mind, so enjoy a early regular season win over the Blackhawks.

I made a legitimate point, don’t attempt to s**t all over it because it doesn’t make you feel good.
What facts were those? Your opinion that Dubas isn't great? Your opinion that waiving McElhinney was a mistake? Or your opinion that this didn't feel like a win?

And no, your pessimistic opinions don't shake my acknowledgment of the actual fact that we did win this game.

It wasn't much of a legitimate point, just an overreaction to one game.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
I'd take Allan Bester over Sparks.

And Bester was a hobbit.

al-infrate-bob-mcgill-allan-bester-picture-id502546257
I'd take Iafrate and McGill on the backend too.

Reactions: Al14 and Drytoast

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
An incredibly entertaining win. After Kapanen was put on Matthews' line it changed the tone of the game.

I don't think our defensive play was as bad as the score indicated. Sparks was sub par.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Matthews looks way better as the guy carrying the puck. When Nylander is playing he has possession more often than AM. What i'm trying to say is Nylander as good as he is with Matthews, changes the dynamic of the line and holds Matthews from that next gear. Let him miss 20 games whining about his salary.
Yeah but if you can have two guys that can both carry the puck up like that on the same line why wouldn't you want that?

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
That was run. They have great weapons out there, so do we. The big 3 Matthews, Tavares, Marner came through, as you would expect from these WINNERS

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
People blaming Sparks have no clue. He had no chance on at least 3 of those goals.

Blame Babcock for Zaitsev and Hainsey being out there for both of Kane’s goals. Does he like pain?

Where was Rielly?

Only in Toronto is your best defenseman on the bench when you are trying to close out a game.

Sparks should have saved those last 2 goals. Bad defence but unacceptable goaltending

I accept that this is part of Sparks' development. Management made their choice. Now they need to make him better

Reactions: The Kessel Run

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Take the W but we have a lot to work on. Still early. Scary to think how much better we will be when Willy is back.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
What facts were those? Your opinion that Dubas isn't great? Your opinion that waiving McElhinney was a mistake? Or your opinion that this didn't feel like a win?

And no, your pessimistic opinions don't shake my acknowledgment of the actual fact that we did win this game.

It wasn't much of a legitimate point, just an overreaction to one game.

Umm it’s pretty much a fact that the Leafs don’t have a great d core, pretty much every Leafs fan will admit that.

I counted dozens of comments about how terrible Sparks was through the GDT as well. But if you want to ignore those facts go right ahead.

Leafs backup goaltending and defence is not good enough as if this moment to win a cup, that is as close to a fact that you can get.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Yeah there is a lot of adjustments to be made clearly. Early in the season.

First 15 to 20 games are figuring out what you have usually. Or at least some of your guys.

It's a W though. . Just really wacky start so far.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Well we won. Finally put Kapanen up there like we have been asking for. Defense is a shambles. Pad the stats now boys, this won't wash in a few weeks.

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
I don't even think the D was that bad tonight. Sparks was letting in goals from the outside with no traffic in front. What can you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad