Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 7-6 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
fred_flintstone_yabba_dabba_doo_card-r1c74bda6a2da47ecbb77cc05fca5c0e0_xvuat_8byvr_400.jpg

Reactions: Al14 and LeafSadist

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Take the two points and run.

I wouldn't even know where to start on the defensive issues, Babcock really needs to start earning his paycheck and get it sorted.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Babcock has more patience than us but I don't think he keeps Hainsey on the top pair much longer.

As we have seen with Ennis, Babcock will give you a chance. In the end he does what's right.

Reactions: moon111

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Is it me or has Sparks looked always scared out there in an NHL game. He has the talent but you need the mind and that killer extinct to be great, especially if you are a goalie because it's such a mental game.

I just dont think he has it. he looks like a deer in the headlights

I said it back here and people didn't really respond too well to it

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...ced-on-waivers.2550039/page-18#post-150113287

And I personally played the position for a while and studied it quite closely, I'm not saying this as some advanced goaltending god or anything like that, but I'm saying from a good baseline understanding he looks AWFUL.

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Honestly Babs played Kap with Auston and Marleau, that's more than I can ask of him, if he brings up Johnsson with Naz and demotes one of Leivo or Brown, he's doing very well in my books.
Lots of people on here have been calling for a Kapanen promotion for some time now. He’s too stubborn at times. Having Ennis up there never made any sense. He’s at best a fourth liner or a 13th forward.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Garrett Toskala
Call him what you want but at least he didn't quit on the team and made some key saves in the game I thought he played really well to start the game when we weren't really in it and then once we woke up he wasn't really that good but when we needed him he was there I'm glad he got the first win of the Season out of the way.

Time for Dallas.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
He can sit as long as he wants
Locking up Marner and Matthews is a MUST
Matthews looks way better as the guy carrying the puck. When Nylander is playing he has possession more often than AM. What i'm trying to say is Nylander as good as he is with Matthews, changes the dynamic of the line and holds Matthews from that next gear. Let him miss 20 games whining about his salary.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
6 goals against is a team effort for sure, but both EN goals were crap.

One was tipped and the other was a really good shot by Kane that Zaitsev should have been challenging him on.

It is never a good game when you give up 6 goals, but a lot of those were poor plays by the defense or really good shots by Chicago that Sparks really could not have done much about. Tips, screens, shots that went top corner, etc. Maybe he could have been lucky and saved one or two of them, but none of them were anywhere near to the crap Andersen gave up yesterday.

Although this just gives more fuel to the fire to the Sparks haters, even though if McBackup was in this game we probably would have lost. Some of the saves Sparks made, McBackup would not have. And pretty much all of the goals Sparks gave up, McBackup was not going to save either. Maybe if he got lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad