Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 7-6 in OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Pajama boy has arrived.

Happy we got him. Seems Isles fans are happier with Lee as their captain as well (if you believe some of the garbage on the mainboard).

Win-win for both teams!

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
THe one thing I do love about this season is how much of a leader Matthews has formed into. I think the addition of Tavares has really pushed him to be the best he can be

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Lots of wacky scores early in the season

Defensively and goaltending they need work, but they’re getting better offensively and geling more.

I hope to hell Kap stays in Matthews line, he was the game changer

Marleau looked good too.

I think Ennis was basically stapled to the bench after the first

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Is it me or has Sparks looked always scared out there in an NHL game. He has the talent but you need the mind and that killer extinct to be great, especially if you are a goalie because it's such a mental game.

I just dont think he has it. he looks like a deer in the headlights

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
6 goals against is a team effort for sure, but both EN goals were crap.

The second EN goal was a deflection off Hainsey stick and into the net.

The first EN was just Zaitsev standing like a pylon and not even trying to get a stick in the shooting lane.

Again, not a perfect game by Sparks by any means but where the hell was Rielly? Gardiner? Dreamt?

Babcock is too stubborn for his own good. Hainsey isn’t good anymore. You can’t rely on him on 6 on 5. You can barely rely on him on ES. Abymsal 5v6 play.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The last goal was going wide and deflected in Hainsey's stick.

Sparks let in 1 bad goal - people are overstating things here.

Maybe. I still think his stick positioning was really off. Either way, it wasn't a great performance by any means.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
In the end I'll take it.

There are definitely issues and complaints. But they scored, they won and our core guys produced. A lot of good little moments like preventing any shots on that 4 minute PK. A lot of big moments like John freaking Tavares scoring a hat trick. Take the points and leave it to the coaches to pull their hair out after that.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
We may miss the playoffs after those 20 games. I don't give a **** if he's "earned a chance" I want the best team possible and our backup position just got significantly worse.

We are not a bubble team, man. They are not missing the playoffs with these 3 centres. If Andersen goes down for a significant period of time, yes, things can get dicey but not till then.

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
One positive is the more goals we score the worse for Nylander... soo he better sign before we score even more and we don’t need his help so we trade for a dman and a backup loll

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
The second EN goal was a deflection off Hainsey stick and into the net.

The first EN was just Zaitsev standing like a pylon and not even trying to get a stick in the shooting lane.

Again, not a perfect game by Sparks by any means but where the hell was Rielly? Gardiner? Dreamt?

Babcock is too stubborn for his own good. Hainsey isn’t good anymore. You can’t rely on him on 6 on 5. You can barely rely on him on ES. Abymsal 5v6 play.

"Not a perfect game". What an analysis...by Sparks' Mom.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
So, a few notes about the game:

* Send Babcock some notes on the correlation between scoring empty netters and keeping late leads. As I said in the GDT, his insistence that we don't even try to go for one is just pride over something archaic that has cost us for years now. Didn't tonight though, thankfully.
* The moment we start playing like a good team rather than a collection of supremely talented players, the league is in trouble.
* The dream is for real, people. Our new center just introduced himself in style. Soak it all in. Pär Lindholm is a Maple Leaf!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad