Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Ryan Reaves (3 years, $1.3M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I think you got a bad memory then... 😕
Go ahead and remind us of worse situations relative to expectations?
Dubas was an overpaying moron, get over it and stop throwing his name in every thread already.
Dubas might’ve overpaid his stars by 250-750k but he never saddled the team with immovable deals and when he signed a bad deal he wasn’t too proud to go down with it & corrected the mistake immediately

Reactions: danny90

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
How’d it go with Martin, Clifford, Simmonds, or Schenn?

One guy doesn’t do shit. You need toughness that can actually play, throughout the lineup.

You know why a guy like Bennett is hard to play against? Because he’s running against your top six all night and he’s putting the puck in the net.
Bennett had 5 playoff goals in 4 series...hardly filling the net

Dubas might’ve overpaid his stars by 250-750k but he never saddled the team with immovable deals and when he signed a bad deal he wasn’t too proud to go down with it & corrected the mistake immediately
Overpayed his stars by $250K
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
I'm open to hearing your ideas for worse offseasons. Name them please.
Clarkson was a great call scoring just Blake. Most of the FA with Sundin was a huge waste. Infact Sundin probably never even seen the true star he was because he wouldn't get 1 player in their prime. Name one you're proud of? Of course got some good players here and there Mogs and Cujo and Belfour but then again when was the last time we scored a star like that in a trade, kessel possibly. We are very lucky to have the team we have. Heck our excessively good drafting in the last few years has lots of exLeafs going to the cup finals. So which one of these off seasons did you just love? The one we lost JVR and Bozak for nothing.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

He made many mistakes so he was used to correcting them

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Reaves doesn't lack confidence and swag that's for sure. He'll love the spotlight of Toronto* for sure. He'll likely do alright if he can play a simple physical game.

*Until he's thrown on waivers and/or bought out, but that's for another day.

Reactions: Menzinger and 6ix

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Not crazy about the term, but the AAV is fine as long as he puts a beat down on Bennett just once. He and Tkachuk were taking liberties on our core and Knies with no fear of retribution. I'm not sure if he's the answer at 36 but I'm willing to bet Bennett doesn't facepunch and throw our player to the ice knowing Reaves is sitting on the bench.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
There's something to be said for beating up the other team when you're getting blown out. The Lou/Dubas era just bend over and take it while pretending it doesn't bother you mentality hasn't worked well.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Check in on the JT contract for me.
I would suggest teams would not take him for free at 50% retained.
He’s a ppg 2 way c, Ror who’s half the player just got 4 x 4.5.
There were up to 5 other times willing to give him the same deal if it not more.
Flat cap absolutely ruined their roster building. Having the 5 guys locked up to 47m if a 95m cap isn’t anywhere nearly as dire as on a 83m cap.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Not thrilled with giving a 37 yr old a 3 yr contract to sit most of the season as he offers nothing except a fight or two. Will probably be a playoff scratch as he is such a liability playing the game of hockey.

We just crapped 1.35 mil a yr for 3 yrs for nothing

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
ROR's brother Cal lives in Nashville and had we paid Luke that contract there would have been sweater burnings

Daren do the words fried onions mean anything to ya

Seriously you f***ing slow witted troll take your insider bulshit and stuff it

he's a music man, his brother Cal is also a music man and lives there

personally if I played in the league right now Nashville would be my first choice and see if I could get lessons from Tom Bukovac
So ROR chooses a team that is blowing it up over a SC contender. Does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling as a Leafs fan. Not a good look.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad