Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Ryan Reaves (3 years, $1.3M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Dubas would have never made such a stupid ass move. His departure looking more vital by the second. Dubas haters looking lamer than ever

fIRe DuBaS.. and replace him with a dinosaur.

Great call.
cough......Murray....cough.....mrazek....cough

• Love
Reactions: mikeyz

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I think that tells us everything we need to know about the core.

I think that’s a leap. Tells me more about the scrutiny ROR doesn’t want to be under - which makes sense given how poorly he played for us in the playoffs. He was critical of Keefe after we were eliminated.

• Wow
Reactions: therealkoho

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
So far all of my Treliving trepidation is still there. Nobody is afraid of a guy that won’t even play come playoffs, what’s the point? I love toughness, but if it can’t play, it’s a waste of time.
if the Leafs make the playoffs and theyre playing a team that is running around cowing the big dogs into submission, you can send a 4th liner to the press box and insert Willards boy to wreck one of theirs and get the other team settled down.

having a nuclear option at your disposal is useful and after what we all saw just a few months ago anyone who says we don't need this is living in dreamland

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Says a lot about our fans that are are bitching and whining like children over such a small cap hit lol
Im starting to think it has nothing to do with cap hits or signings etc....people just looking for any reason to bitch and whine. If it wasnt about the leafs it will be about the weather etc...

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
We lose Schenn and O'R(and i liked both) but so far only gain a guy close to retirement(and btw he's basically a worse Simmonds..in terms of ability to play).

BTW, two things can be true here...Dubas screwed up big time in these years(especially with JT and few others) while at the same time admitting that Treliving might actually screw it up even more(and so far this first signing is awful).

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Add him to the list I guess

It’s obvious neither him or Schenn wanted to play here, pretty telling sign I think

Not only that but the leafs due to the cap crunch and uncertainty with Matthews and Nylander couldn’t afford to pay them either.

the reality is that in order to hang onto the core 4 the leafs will have to exceed 50% of their total cap on 4 players basically leaving the remainder of the roster spots open to league minimum type guys.

How they upgrade their D remains to be seen.

Matthew Knies will be getting boatloads of ice time in his rookie season.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
We lose Schenn and O'R(and i liked both) but so far only gain a guy close to retirement(and btw he's basically a worse Simmonds..in terms of ability to play).

BTW, two things can be true here...Dubas screwed up big time in these years(especially with JT and few others) while at the same time admitting that Treliving might actually screw it up even more(and so far this first signing is awful).
If the worst thing he does is sign a bad 1million/year contract, than consider us lucky

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
So far all of my Treliving trepidation is still there. Nobody is afraid of a guy that won’t even play come playoffs, what’s the point? I love toughness, but if it can’t play, it’s a waste of time.
1688231114795.png

He played in the playoffs for Minny this year. Can't say how well he looked.

the Mighty Oak

May 13, 2023

Come on bro. lol

• Haha

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I’m pumped for it. Toughest guy in the league. Team is lucky to have him I think. He’s going to bring some quality entertainment to the team. I bet he will be a great fit.

Reactions: Leafs87 and ToneDog

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
3yrs? Are the Leafs telling us the rebuild will take longer than 2 yrs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad