Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Ryan Reaves (3 years, $1.3M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Dubas was an overpaying moron, get over it and stop throwing his name in every thread already.
Dubas gave up a first round pick for 11 games of broke back Foligno. A guy who had missed his last Blue Jackets game before the trade because his back was flaring up. Good luck making a more stupid move. It would take some effort.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
ROR 4.5 Mil * 4 yrs

Add him to the list I guess

It’s obvious neither him or Schenn wanted to play here, pretty telling sign I think
ROR's brother Cal lives in Nashville and had we paid Luke that contract there would have been sweater burnings

Daren do the words fried onions mean anything to ya

Seriously you f***ing slow witted troll take your insider bulshit and stuff it
Hopefully ROR wanted to go to a place where he could cash in and retire without much pressure.

he's a music man, his brother Cal is also a music man and lives there

personally if I played in the league right now Nashville would be my first choice and see if I could get lessons from Tom Bukovac

Reactions: horner and ToneDog

gordonshumway

Sep 18, 2010
We needed a face puncher... Dubas would never have done this.. I don't care much for Reaves but i can't wait to see him punch Gudas and Bennett in the mouth.
Hard to punch when you're sitting in the press box... which is where he's gonna be.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
This is a nothing contract. Literally a Simmonds replacement. And I'd rather have Reaves than Simmonds, at least Reaves is actually good at something.

Simmonds was a great fighter. Big difference is Reaves can actually take a shift (better than Simmonds) and he’s intimidating with his huge hits. Simmonds wasn’t a great hitter during his Toronto time. Both will bring you about as much offence which obviously isn’t much

Reactions: therealkoho

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Hard to punch when you're sitting in the press box... which is where he's gonna be.
He was not signed to this deal to sit in the press box. He will get 7 to 10 minutes per night depending on how the game is going. I get it... the bulk of you don't like this but you will once the season gets going.

gordonshumway

Sep 18, 2010
He was not signed to this deal to sit in the press box. He will get 7 to 10 minutes per night depending on how the game is going. I get it... the bulk of you don't like this but you will once the season gets going.
In year 1 maybe... he'll be the new tenant of Robidas Island before his contract is over, but as numerous folks have stated - no cap relief from any such move which is just deadly for a capped out team like the Leafs.... ugh.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I mean this team is so top heavy, the 4th line is basically an afterthought and at least Reaves provides something. People are complaining about balance, but the pay structure Dubas implemented makes it impossible unless Marner at the very least is dealt

Reactions: PanniniClaus

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Odd deal. Reaves won't be able to do half the stuff he does with Parros' hate on
He will get suspended, no doubt, but they can’t suspend him for the entire season. It does provide skill players with some protection.

no surprise on Justin 20 min right shot Dman what's that worth?
He shouldn’t be playing 20 minutes. He’s actually a 15 minute guy.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
1: Clifford
2: yes
3: how does having #1 prevent #2? what would Reaves possibly do in that situation to prevent that from happening? Leave the bench, get cut off by the ref, and get suspended 10 games?
If it is known if you mess with our guys you need to answer to the #1 face puncher in the league you better believe you will think twice.

There was a situation against TB that Schenn had to defuse. You need guys that will stand up for team mates if the individuals will not stand up for themselves.

We are not done adding toughness I guarantee it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad