Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Ryan Reaves (3 years, $1.3M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Weak effort at dismissing away that bonehead deal as "a game" whatever the hell that means. You labelling the deal that doesn't make it a good idea or a good gamble. Murray was a massive own goal that everyone saw wouldn't work out. There are more defenders of this potential Reaves' signing than that Murray trade.

The Reaves signing is fine because it is buriable for the most part, the issue is if he plays, which is the reason they are signing him.

No one is dismissing the deal, he took a gamble on two goalies, one worked, and the other may cost us to get rid of because Woll emerged as an option.

Reactions: justashadowof

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Watch him get a NMC, and then the contract won’t even be able to be buried. Lol.

I have no issue with paying a guy who was the 6th highest TOI of forwards for us, over players with lesser roles.
He doesn’t even have to get and NMC. A single dollar in signing bonus or if he is paid more in any of the first 2 years of the deal than he is in the 3rd and you don’t get cap relief for sending him down

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
The Reaves signing is fine because it is buriable for the most part, the issue is if he plays, which is the reason they are signing him.

No one is dismissing the deal, he took a gamble on two goalies, one worked, and the other may cost us to get rid of because Woll emerged as an option.
Perfectly reasonable response, kudos.

Reactions: notbias

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
This is really not something to worry about. He provides some toughness, even if he's paid 1.5M that's not that much, it's what 1.8% of the cap? He won't play every game anyways. Who cares.

Reactions: GoonieFace

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
We needed a face puncher... Dubas would never have done this.. I don't care much for Reaves but i can't wait to see him punch Gudas and Bennett in the mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
I love that everyone here absolutely fire roasted the last guy in charge for overpaying the star players by 250-750k meanwhile the new guys first two moves was to overpay a couple 4th liners by 250-750k each annually and everyone is just okay with it
The 100 point seasons just weren’t good enough, losing seasons is what they wanted

Reactions: Nylanderthal

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
This is Jeff Finger level shit, seriously, what the actual f***.
36 years old piece of shit for three years

f*** you Dubas haters eat this POS

You relate this to Dubas? Dubas has us with no cap. Shanahan has us with a promise to keep the 4 and the coach together. The board? Who know they probably don't want to rock the boat either by bringing in family friend of Larry T.

This whole organization went sideways the moment Lou and Babs were out. There was a brief moment where it was going really well, now look at it. I am not saying everything Lou did turned to gold either, but for the most part we were on the right track.

definedMF

Apr 19, 2013
Big Yellow Joint
Clown show is in full effect. Useless signing and this salary going to him is killing Willy's availability to be resigned.

I'm done with this....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad