Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Ryan Reaves (3 years, $1.3M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Bertuzzi was a great acquisation for Bruins. He lived up to the trade and did everything he could for them to win
For all his bad rep for not getting vaccinated, being apparently a hard case, he kept his head down and delivered

Wouldn't mind him, but in a weak FA he's going to get a lot of eyes on him

His injury history really is unappealing to me.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Reaves will look at them furiously from the bench

Seriously, explain to me how a 4th liner does anything to help Matthews and Marner when they're on the ice. Or how this is any different than Clifford, Simmonds, whatever. We've always had a fighter that is bad at the game.
But we've never had a fighter who is this bad at the game, locked up til they're 40. At least it will be more spectacular when it fails

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It’d 100% be a move for the playoffs. Sam Bennett ran around all series knowing there was zero consequences. Montreal almost made Marner and Matthews cry. Maybe this is a terrible move I have no idea, but this team is always talked about as one of the easiest, softest teams to play against. Tired of them not giving any push back… ultimately this signing doesn’t move the needle, but I’d love the identity of this team to drastically change, something more similar to the Sundin era

Serious question, what is Reave going to do? Fight Bennett who probably won't fight back? So just get a 2 and a 10 or maybe more?

Reaves does not make us better in any way.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Actual fighting skill is at the bottom of the list when it comes to toughness in the modern NHL. Signing a washed up plug that can't skate doesn't make the team tougher to play against. Reaves will be healthy scratched by game 40.

The best pests are guys who can play hockey like Tkachuk, Wilson, Bertuzzi etc. Nobody is scared of the designated fighters anymore.

Reeves is actually a pretty decent skater.

Or at least used to be - he's getting up there.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
If you want a guy like this just use Clifford at half the price.
We had a guy that was too slow and couldn’t do much more than punch people in the face in Simmonds for a couple seasons now. I guess pizza boy decided we needed to waist more cap space on someone to fill the same roll

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad