Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Max Domi (1 year, $3M)

Tedd

May 11, 2023
I think Max will definitely make hundreds of thousands--- if not millions of dollars--- doing commercials and endorsement work with and without his father Tie. Similar to the financial advantages of the "no-tax" states like Florida, Toronto has those off-the-ice business opportunities for its players to cash in on.

I really like Max's game and he is also a feisty little mo-fo. He is the type who will really feed off the crowd's energy. I can't wait to see him in the playoffs where his style of play is rewarded. He's going to be a fan favorite just like his pops. He reminds me a bit of Darcy Tucker.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I think Domi might be a bit overrated for what he'll bring but certainly that PITA factor will be nice in the middle of the line up. Knies and Bertuzzi should allow Domi to mix it up lower in the line up and give the Leafs' bottom 6 a new look.

And for 1 year, why not.

He's basically a Kerfoot replacement. With weaker defense but more snarl to his game

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
7rc1m8.jpg

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
my hopes are Bertuzzi plays with Tavares and Jarnkrok, then Domi is 3LW or 3C with Nylander and Robertson/Holmberg.

One of our strengths will be having a PPG player on each line.

Obviously, Knies/Matthews/Marner would get the top matchups from the other team, but either Robertson/Domi/Nylander or Bertuzzi/Tavares/Jarnkrok are likely getting a 3rd line with 3rd pairing D.
Domi is not defensive, can’t see him with Nylander.

Reactions: horner

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
Bertuzzi and Domi in the same day. Good job Tre!
Yeah, haven't liked the moves or the inability to sign the St. L Blues acquisitions but these last 2 signings look pretty good to me. Oh and I have to give him some credit for let Holl and Kerfoot move on - so sort of a 50/50 thing

Reactions: kb

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Great recovery indeed. Considering these are both 1 year contracts in a weak FA pool
Next year pool opens up more, we just have to buy some time

In betwen we have deals to muster with Auston and we got players that were different from our previous gen

No Holl
No Kerfoot
No Bunting

That's the win

YES! This guy gets it

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
Domi is not defensive, can’t see him with Nylander.
Domi will only be used in offensive zone situations and on the PP. He will be sheltered, will play against weaker and softer offensive lines/defense pairs , and won’t be used in a defensive role(no pk time, few shifts in the defensive zone and no defensive coverage )

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I think Domi will play his best hockey yet for you guys. It’s the Leafs and Domi has really started to find confidence in what he’s doing. Good signing for you guy

Edit: there will be nights he just can’t pot a goal to save his life, and then other games where you’ll be yelling to have him in the top 6 because he’s killing it. Have fun lol

With Kerfoot it was literally months. I don't hate Kerfoot, but this just looks much better in the lineup.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
So this is what it’s like to have a competent GM
You understand that we need defensive to compete, right? He hasn't added a single player that is even competent defensively to account for the losses of Accari, Ror, Kerfoot and Schenn. Holl was better defensively than anyone we've added.

We are becoming less a well rounded team and more the Edmonton Oilers, but in a tougher division.

I like the additions today, especially of Domi, but Treliving hasn't done squat to receive praise. He did what all GM's do, but he also let a few players go that we absolutely should have re-signed.

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
You understand that we need defensive to compete, right? He hasn't added a single player that is even competent defensively to account for the losses of Accari, Ror, Kerfoot and Schenn. Holl was better defensively than anyone we've added.

We are becoming less a well rounded team and more the Edmonton Oilers, but in a tougher division.

I like the additions today, especially of Domi, but Treliving hasn't done squat to receive praise. He did what all GM's do, but he also let a few players go that we absolutely should have re-signed.
Not at the price paid to them.

Reactions: horner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad