Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
I'm very satisfied with the Leafs' strategy to swing for the fences with higher skill players regardless of the size, passport or other perceived weaknesses. I can see having your favourite prospects but that shouldn't be license to randomly hype one of them without the player playing a single game since being picked in the 5th round of the 2015 draft.

There is no hype. It is just pointing out to the public why he was on TOR radar and the players he has out produced. (It was also a dig at the "too small" people. I.E people who look solely at the size of a player and not the numbers as well.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
There is no hype. It is just pointing out to the public why he was on TOR radar and the players he has out produced. (It was also a dig at the "too small" people. I.E people who look solely at the size of a player and not the numbers as well.

:laugh: you are missing a very important L in this sentence.

but i agree with your statement. not pumping his tires, just that he's accomplished a lot and he fell because of a lot of preconceived notions that the hockey world has. (too small + russian)

Last edited:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto

but i agree with your statement. not pumping his tires, just that he's accomplished a lot and he fell because of a lot of preconceived notions that the hockey world has. (too small + russian)

Half of that premise is false since he's a swede.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Half of that premise is false since he's a swede.

I know that.
but his name sounds Russian. (it's in the article). he's Ukraine born, Swedish immigrant. With a Russian sounding last name. who bounced a lot. it could have been reasons why he dropped. if you don't do your homework and just saw his name do you think he's Swedish?

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT

I had to re read it 5 times before I saw the error :laugh:

But yeah he is just a extremely skilled player who had fallen in the draft and TOR took a chance. His numbers make him look like a 1st rounder but time will tell if he can become one.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Should be of note he missed the 2014 draft by I think 2 months
That's another reason he fell, he's one of the older drafted players in the 2015 draft, regardless he's up there with bracco maybe a bit behind imo

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
That's another reason he fell, he's one of the older drafted players in the 2015 draft, regardless he's up there with bracco maybe a bit behind imo

True, he was considered older and thus overlooked.

If he continues to excel, he's be considered one of the top tier.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I know that.
but his name sounds Russian. (it's in the article). he's Ukraine born, Swedish immigrant. With a Russian sounding last name. who bounced a lot. it could have been reasons why he dropped. if you don't do your homework and just saw his name do you think he's Swedish?

So, the premise relies on 29 other NHL scouting staffs not watching Timashov for the years he played in Swedish junior leagues then at the World Under 17's and World Under 18's both times representing Sweden? I don't think it matters greatly whether his surname was Nylander or Morkfromork or Oduya or Zibanejad. The scouts come to watch the players.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

John Tavares missed the draft by 5 days. He was definitely one of the oldest in his draft. :laugh:

Seth Jones missed by 18 days.

Timashov by 16 days, cut off is September 15th.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
John Tavares missed the draft by 5 days. He was definitely one of the oldest in his draft. :laugh:

Seth Jones missed by 18 days.

Timashov by 16 days, cut off is September 15th.

Like I said it was worth noting that he missed 2014 draft by a bit may be another reason why he fell and not at all saying he's bad for it or anything, also those are some top rated players you listed sorta different case, but still as far as forward prospects go Timashov is pretty good

Marner
Nylander
Kapanen
Brown
Timashov?

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Like I said it was worth noting that he missed 2014 draft by a bit may be another reason why he fell and not at all saying he's bad for it or anything, also those are some top rated players you listed sorta different case, but still as far as forward prospects go Timashov is pretty good

Marner
Nylander
Kapanen
Brown
Timashov?

That's the making of a great forward core

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
So, the premise relies on 29 other NHL scouting staffs not watching Timashov for the years he played in Swedish junior leagues then at the World Under 17's and World Under 18's both times representing Sweden? I don't think it matters greatly whether his surname was Nylander or Morkfromork or Oduya or Zibanejad. The scouts come to watch the players.

did you even read the article?

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Also not that it really matters but isn't timashov 5'10 and not 5'9
Hockeydb and elite prospects have him listed as such

Pholus

May 23, 2014

Is this an actual name? Or did you just make it up and then slip it in between some actual names?

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
a very well written article. loved the analysis, and i have to admit, i learned a lot about this kid that i didn't know just from this article.

really excited about him and can't wait to see him progress. this is seriously the diamond in the rough type of players we need from later rounds.

so happy mark hunter is a part of our scouting staff. also as always, thommie bergman as well.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Great read, thanks.

By looking at the pts he had in the past, he should be right up there with the others, really question why he dropped so much.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Great read, thanks.

By looking at the pts he had in the past, he should be right up there with the others, really question why he dropped so much.

He's older and really well developed physically. That part of his development is not there as much as it is for many other players. He's also short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad