Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
More likely because Nylander may not be available for the WJC and they want to try out players who definitely will be available in this summer tournament in the US. But you are right: if Nylander is available, he is indeed a lock.

It may be more significant that Lindgren is not on the defense.

Lindgren played in the U-18 world championship last season and every other U-18 game. I think he will be included in the U-20 squad for the WJC.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
They are giving Rasmus Andersson & Gustav Bouramman a chance who won't be available for the later 4-nations tournament. They are by no means locks. Lindgren will get his chances. Timashov should make the final team unless he looks terrible in this summer camp.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Lindgren played in the U-18 world championship last season and every other U-18 game. I think he will be included in the U-20 squad for the WJC.

I hope you are right. I just re-watched the Canada Sweden U18 match. Lindgren looked as if he was the 7th defenseman on that team.

Kopifart

Jun 29, 2011
hey was wondering why this guy was picked so low in the draft? He has great point production not only in the regular season but in the playoffs as a rookie?

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
hey was wondering why this guy was picked so low in the draft? He has great point production not only in the regular season but in the playoffs as a rookie?

Similar to Bracco peeps don't know if he'll grow much more and they think is is not an Elite skater and have mild concern about the defensive side or potential of his game. All legit concerns. If he can play for Sweden at the WJC that will be extremely valuable as a measurement of his abilities and as a an experience builder.

Like many of these draft choices this year this player has a ton of skill and a very likeable personality judging from his interviews.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Dug this post up from the main board's thread on Timashov:

I constantly read about Timashov's skating being a weakness but Remparts had a skills competition a week ago and he finished top 3 on the team close behind Duclair.

Maybe it's more about his skating with the puck? He's a playmaker and he's always slowing down the game.

Should be fun tracking these smaller skilled guys next year. Bracco, Dzierkals and Timashov

jackelswar

Feb 1, 2015
This kid will lead the QMJHL 2015/2016 By a lot! The next Claude Giroux!!!! You heard it here first.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
This kid will lead the QMJHL 2015/2016 By a lot! The next Claude Giroux!!!! You heard it here first.

I wouldn't doubt the scoring title, but I don't think Claude Giroux is correct once you get past the point totals. He's a bowling ball on skates. I have a tough time finding a comparison for him. I remember an article saying Mats Zuccarello, which I guess works stylistically.

Miroslav Klose*

I think Timashov is good but not great. He is small and was drafted late. If he becomes an NHL player that would be fantastic since he was such a late pick. Players that are picked this late don't often become NHLers so I hope the Maple Leafs found a "diamond in the rough," if you will.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Realistically with this pick all I know is that he was supposed to go earlier then he did and a lot of people have called it a steal, it is enough for me to be excited but i'll have to pay attention more on this prospect.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I wouldn't doubt the scoring title, but I don't think Claude Giroux is correct once you get past the point totals. He's a bowling ball on skates. I have a tough time finding a comparison for him. I remember an article saying Mats Zuccarello, which I guess works stylistically.

For a 5th round pick, I'd be thrilled with a Zuccarello.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He's definitely a prospect that should have gone sooner from my viewings (at least 8 times). Like I said in the draft day thread, I thought he was picked in the top 90, which is why I was in shocked that we got in him in the 5th round. He's a great playmaker and offense driving player. Very agile skater with fairly good speed.

He really needs to work on his shot. It's really really weak. He's great in the shootout though because of his superb stickhandling. He tends to over handle the puck and force plays sometimes, which can be fine in Junior but can really hurt your value as a pro. Getting stronger and developing a smarter overall game would help him as he progresses as a pro.

Zucarello is a fairly good comparison for Timashov.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
By far the most underrated leafs prospect, amazing article included

It's a bit of a read and you're going to have to skim some parts of it
But please read most of the article trust me it won't be a waste of your time

Has info on nylander and another mystery prospect
Which makes me think he should be higher up on our prospect rankings

http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2015/07/26/one-eyed-toronto-maple-leafs-reporter-is-king/

Please read and comment !!!

Blair

Oct 15, 2006
Edmonton, AB
I read that this morning or whenever it was posted. Wanted to make a topic about it but I had to get ready for work. I agree it's a good read.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
this was very well done. I liked what you did there too. I agree this kid is going to be a treat.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Should add I didn't write this article but fell in love when I read it that I had to share. re reading the op seems like it may have come off as me writing it lol

LeafsTop6

Jan 9, 2009
Markham
Haha yea I thought you did.

Either way good share, I missed this article. I'm really excited about our new prospects and to the ones will be getting in 2016.:handclap:

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I'm not sure that Timashov is really underrated here. We knew it was a huge steal where we got him, and that he has impact player potential.

I learned a LOT more about him in this article, and that's good information to know.

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
Great read not only because of the Leaf prospect love, or the slight Hab jabs, but because of the seriously in depth look at "Nitro." (who I drafted in 7evens mock) *Brushes shoulder off*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad