Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
I can only speak for myself on Konecny but it ain't his PPG numbers that wowed me, it was his flashy skills, especially flashy finish. From what I saw from 2015 draftees, only Marner was more impressive on the rush than Konecny. I certainly wouldn't have minded if the Leafs had picked Konecny instead of trading down but who knows they may have picked Dermott at that spot if they hadn't traded down and not added those additional rolls of the dice for an NHL player.

Everytime I've watched Konecny i've been amazed. Guy is so talented and is such a hard working player. But looking at his numbers its just very unimpressive especially since he is on the smaller side. He did however have 66 points in his final 47 games including playoffs. I would have been very happy if the Leafs drafted him at #24.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Timashov's shooting % was around 14, which is inline with the top goal scorers in the Q, however he only took around 140ish shots which is far less then the top goal scorers.

It seems he can score no problem but he'll need encouragement to shoot the puck.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Timashov's shooting % was around 14, which is inline with the top goal scorers in the Q, however he only took around 140ish shots which is far less then the top goal scorers.

It seems he can score no problem but he'll need encouragement to shoot the puck.

It is interesting that he is successful playing a puck possession distribution game without elite skating so his skating must be better than he's given credit for - does look awkward though. Hi hockey IQ no doubt.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It is interesting that he is successful playing a puck possession distribution game without elite skating so his skating must be better than he's given credit for - does look awkward though. Hi hockey IQ no doubt.

http://thehockeywriters.com/dmytro-timashov-the-next-ones-nhl-2015-draft-prospect-profile/
His short stature allows him to accelerate quickly with a few quick strides and keep the momentum and speed going all over the ice. Furthermore, at those speeds it’s as if the puck is on a string when he has it. Dmytro is able to get out of tight situations with his elusive stickhandling.
a very fluid skater and he is always moving his feet…likes the puck on his stick and knows what to do with it…makes things happen whenever he is around the puck

Kyle Woodlief – USA Today

“Fireplug winger who arguably is the most dangerous player in the entire Q.A tremendous stickhandler and agile skater who can make any defender look bad.

Maybe speed skating isn't his game, but since it is hockey he's probably good to go.

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/sp...e=cyberpresse_B13b_remparts_4708_section_POS1

Timashov won't attend Quebec's camp. He'll play with Sweden U19 in a tournament in Russia and then he'll go to Toronto.

Missing their best forward, Dmytro Timashov, the Remparts began their 19th training camp, in L'Ancienne-Lorette on Tuesday.

After he took part in the Sweden National Junior Team development camp earlier this summer, the Toronto Maple Leafs prospect remained with his national program.

In early September, he will attend the rookie camp of the Maple Leafs in the Toronto area. He won't return to Quebec until the first few weeks of the season.

"He was at the training camp of Sweden's national team in Montreal. Afterwards, they went to Lake Placid. Next week, they will bring him with them to a U19 tournament in Russia. We should see him back after Toronto's camp. Sure you like it when all your players are here at the beginning of training camp, but we can understand. "Dima" didn't make the national team last year. This year he wants to make sure he does", said Philippe Boucher about the rookie of the year in the QMJHL last season.

Defense to improve

The head coach is confident to see his player again, who got 90 points, including 19 goals last season, to report to Quebec after the rookie camp of the Maple Leafs, who also want to see their prospect back in the QMJHL.

"I think they want him to be here. After all, he is a young player who wants to play in North America and whose dream is to play in the NHL. I think he has really grown with us last year. Sure he played on a team that was deep on offense after Christmas. He'll be one of the best offensive players in the league this season, but he still has things to work on, like his defense. I spoke to Toronto last week and we believe that Quebec is the right place for him", said the head coach.

Last edited:

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
So, which team (in Toronto) could he be playing for this season?
Thanks.

He's going back to the Q after rookie camp in Toronto. He's basically just going to Toronto rookie camp instead of Ramparts camp. He won't be playing for either Toronto team - and most definitely not the Leafs - this coming season.

canadon

Jun 25, 2015
Vaughan, ON
I think it's referring to Toronto's training camp and then he'll head back to the Q after.

He's going back to the Q after rookie camp in Toronto. He's basically just going to Toronto rookie camp instead of Ramparts camp. He won't be playing for either Toronto team - and most definitely not the Leafs - this coming season.

Thanks guys! I misunderstood the original point.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
There are rumours he might head back to Sweden after the Leafs' camp. He hasn't signed his QMJHL card yet. Right now he's a free agent.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
2 apples for Timashov last night, played with poise and quarter backed what was the 1st unit pp. hard to believe he was passed over until the 5th round.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
2 apples for Timashov last night, played with poise and quarter backed what was the 1st unit pp. hard to believe he was passed over until the 5th round.

He looked really good. It looks like his skill will translate to the NHL. He's hard to knock off the puck and seems to hunt down loose pucks like it's nothing.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Timo almost had a hatrrick of pin point passes and assists as he put it on a saucer to Arcobello who beat the goalie and rang it off the post.

Very impressive first impression against NHLers.

He looked to be playing with poise and full of confidence out there showing great vision.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He looked really good. It looks like his skill will translate to the NHL. He's hard to knock off the puck and seems to hunt down loose pucks like it's nothing.

He's like a mini Joe Thornton to me. Controls the puck really well, very hard to knock off the puck, excellent on ice vision and really good hands. Pure playmaker.

Dandelion*

Ukrainian born kid schooled with Swedish hockey system. He is the darkhorse pick of this draft.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Timo almost had a hatrrick of pin point passes and assists as he put it on a saucer to Arcobello who beat the goalie and rang it off the post.

Very impressive first impression against NHLers.

He looked to be playing with poise and full of confidence out there showing great vision.

These are the picks that give me complete confidence in Mark Hunters scouting. I don't know what I'm looking forward to the most, the start of the season or the draft to watch this man work some more magic.

Dandelion*

These are the picks that give me complete confidence in Mark Hunters scouting. I don't know what I'm looking forward to the most, the start of the season or the draft to watch this man work some more magic.

Timashov should had made the WJC team last year already. Our coach is a moron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad