Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
ok this is uber creepy. I had a dream about this last night(i have no clue why lol), Timashov didn't make team Sweden for the WJC. Also he got traded and didn't like it so he decided to go back to Sweden.

and now half of it might come true, can't see him not making the WJC team though.

someone has a man crush. :naughty:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
someone has a man crush. :naughty:

I think he's a nice prospect and stuff but I don't even know what he looks like, never really watched him besides a couple highlights, it was such a wtf moment when I woke up, like why did I have that dream, it didn't make any sense. My mind must be on the world juniors too much, and that trade part was there too because of the talk here yesterday that Serge was posting.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Just says he declined the trade, I dont see anything about staying in sweden, I wonder if the coach is going to play him less now or something to force his hand

Sorry wrong link.

But this 'rumour' has been denied. Timashov did block a trade to Moncton but has not given his answer yet for Shawinigan. Quebec's GM said Timashov and his agent never said he would stay in Sweden if he was traded.

The agent, Paul Theofanous, was the same Kirill Kabanov had when he was in the QMJHL. He had some problems with Moncton and won a Cup with Shawinigan...

It looks like it's all about the agent, which is something I really hate. It should always be about the player, not which team the agent prefers.

http://www.journaldequebec.com/2015/12/18/timashov-irait-a-shawinigan-plutot-qua-moncton

FYI, Theofanous also has W.Nylander as a client.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Sorry wrong link.

But this 'rumour' has been denied. Timashov did block a trade to Moncton but has not given his answer yet for Shawinigan. Quebec's GM said Timashov and his agent never said he would stay in Sweden if he was traded.

The agent, Paul Theofanous, was the same Kirill Kabanov had when he was in the QMJHL. He had some problems with Moncton and won a Cup with Shawinigan...

It looks like it's all about the agent, which is something I really hate. It should always be about the player, not which team the agent prefers.

http://www.journaldequebec.com/2015/12/18/timashov-irait-a-shawinigan-plutot-qua-moncton

FYI, Theofanous also has W.Nylander as a client.

I'd rather he stay right where he is on the ramparts. We don't owe the ramparts anything, its not our fault that they went all in last year and didn't win. If you think about it, they are just being greedy. They know that their team is going to suck for 1-2 years here because all their older players are going to leave, so they are trying to trade them off to get young players most likely.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I'd rather he stay right where he is on the ramparts. We don't owe the ramparts anything, its not our fault that they went all in last year and didn't win. If you think about it, they are just being greedy. They know that their team is going to suck for 1-2 years here because all their older players are going to leave, so they are trying to trade them off to get young players most likely.

In junior hockey, it isn't called greedy, it is called good management.

Giving a player an opportunity with a better team instead of staying with a team that has traded away its 3-4 best players, you don't think it's better for him and his development? Playing on a contender in Shawinigan with talented players instead of a team that will suck the rest of the year, you don't think it's better for him?

Why would you want him to stay on a team that tried to trade him twice?

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
In junior hockey, it isn't called greedy, it is called good management.

Giving a player an opportunity with a better team instead of staying with a team that has traded away its 3-4 best players, you don't think it's better for him and his development? Playing on a contender in Shawinigan with talented players instead of a team that will suck the rest of the year, you don't think it's better for him?

Why would you want him to stay on a team that tried to trade him twice?

Nah its a money making move, if he stays and they get nothing, their team will be awful next year and it will negatively effect revenue. They are selling off to make the team better next year and in the future, lets be real here, you need a prettttttty stacked team to win a memorial cup.

His ppg is already pretty great, its unlikely to go significantly higher. When you move him to better teams its possible that he plays less and plays less on the pp and stuff like that. A proven successful situation is more valuable than a new unknown situation when you have control of things.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Nah its a money making move, if he stays and they get nothing, their team will be awful next year and it will negatively effect revenue. They are selling off to make the team better next year and in the future, lets be real here, you need a prettttttty stacked team to win a memorial cup.

His ppg is already pretty great, its unlikely to go significantly higher. When you move him to better teams its possible that he plays less and plays less on the pp and stuff like that. A proven successful situation is more valuable than a new unknown situation when you have control of things.

Hang on a minute.

You're criticising an organisation for trying to improve their fortunes in the future?

They're well within their rights to do so. It's a move to make them better in the future, and also helps a prospect join a productive team where he has a chance to experience team success too.

Obviously Timashov doesn't have to, that's his prerogative.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
The team is well within their rights trying to trade him to have a better team in the future.

And with a NTC he is well within his rights to refuse the trade. Would however be interesting to know why he refused the trade.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
ok this is uber creepy. I had a dream about this last night(i have no clue why lol), Timashov didn't make team Sweden for the WJC. Also he got traded and didn't like it so he decided to go back to Sweden.

and now half of it might come true, can't see him not making the WJC team though.

You gotta stop reading hfboards on your phone in bed as you're falling asleep, lol

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'm not sure though why a rumour would come out that if he's traded he's going to stay in Sweden. He has a NMC he would have to approve any trade, so why are we hearing "he's going to stay in Sweden if traded" instead of "he's not going to approve any trade"

He has the power to stay with Quebec if that's what he wanted to do, there doesn't need to be any I'm going back to Sweden nonsense to prevent something from happening, he already has the power to prevent it. So that makes it sound like maybe his agent is trying to get him back to Sweden so he can get paid and wants an excuse for it to happen.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Is their anyway he could be brought up to the AHL?

I don't think so, he was drafted out of the CHL so the NHL/CHL agreement prevents that.

I'm not really sure I'd want that anyway, there's not much room with the Marlies, he's better off getting top line minutes somewhere in the Q assuming he's ok with that.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I'm not sure though why a rumour would come out that if he's traded he's going to stay in Sweden. He has a NMC he would have to approve any trade, so why are we hearing "he's going to stay in Sweden if traded" instead of "he's not going to approve any trade"

He has the power to stay with Quebec if that's what he wanted to do, there doesn't need to be any I'm going back to Sweden nonsense to prevent something from happening, he already has the power to prevent it. So that makes it sound like maybe his agent is trying to get him back to Sweden so he can get paid and wants an excuse for it to happen.

Yes, with a NTC he cant be traded without an approval so no reason for him to say he would stay in Sweden if it would happen, since it cant happen without his approval.

But why would his agent want to see him move back to Sweden? It is not as if there is a big market for inexperienced teens like him. He is viewed as just a prospect for Swedish teams as well.

And did he not sign a contract with the Leafs just recently, then it is not up to him to sign a contract with a European team.

I think that part about him staying in Sweden if traded is untrue and just made up.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Yes, with a NTC he cant be traded without an approval so no reason for him to say he would stay in Sweden if it would happen, since it cant happen without his approval.

But why would his agent want to see him move back to Sweden? It is not as if there is a big market for inexperienced teens like him. He is viewed as just a prospect for Swedish teams as well.

And did he not sign a contract with the Leafs just recently, then it is not up to him to sign a contract with a European team.

I think that part about him staying in Sweden if traded is untrue and just made up.

if he went back to Sweden wouldn't he be getting a nice paycheck, from which the agent would get a cut? I don't know how the paying the agent thing works but I'd imagine the agent would get more if the player was getting more playing over in Sweden instead of the peanuts they get in the CHL.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
if he went back to Sweden wouldn't he be getting a nice paycheck, from which the agent would get a cut? I don't know how the paying the agent thing works but I'd imagine the agent would get more if the player was getting more playing over in Sweden instead of the peanuts they get in the CHL.

But what team would be interested in paying him lots of money? He is a good junior player with a lot of promise but that´s it. If a European team would have any interest in him it would be for the long term, not to boost their squad for the later stages of the season. He is just a kid that has not proven anything yet.

And as I said, he already signed a pro-contract with the Leafs and that is where the long term interest is and he can thus not sign a pro contract with another team.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
But what team would be interested in paying him lots of money? He is a good junior player with a lot of promise but that´s it. If a European team would have any interest in him it would be for the long term, not to boost their squad for the later stages of the season. He is just a kid that has not proven anything yet.

And as I said, he already signed a pro-contract with the Leafs and that is where the long term interest is and he can thus not sign a pro contract with another team.

I'm not sure of the logistics of it so maybe it's not a possibility I don't know, but I assumed he could sign over there for the rest of the year, even if it's not for very much I figured he could get more than he's making in the CHL which is basically nothing.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
It's a potentially bad situation to stay in a place after blocking a trade. The team has shown its wishes. Perhaps a trade to another location is possible?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I'm not sure of the logistics of it so maybe it's not a possibility I don't know, but I assumed he could sign over there for the rest of the year, even if it's not for very much I figured he could get more than he's making in the CHL which is basically nothing.

It's kept closely under wraps but apparently these imports don't make nothing. There is a financial consideration for them joining those teams.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton

Basically nothing? I bet he takes home more then I do...

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
The chances of him signing in Sweden are slim. He has to go through CHL waivers before and no chance Québec risks losing him to another CHL team. Leafs wanted him to stay in NA. They probably have an opinion on what he does.

I'm confident he'll report to Shawinigan.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
he's got 4 months of junior hockey left....and he might stay go to Sweden and if he's traded?? a few issues with that. #1 he has a NTC so he can reject any move so Sweden as an option seems small. #1 Again with Sweden...why would he go there for 4 months on a completely different team, just say no to a trade stay with the Remparts and play the rest of the year out, or just accept a move to Shawinigan if Moncton isn't a fit. Not sure how going to Sweden to play got out there but it seems bizarre. He controls the whole situation so why would he go to Europe?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Basically nothing? I bet he takes home more then I do...

CHL players don't make much at all. Like the previous guys said I don't know if there's behind the scenes compensation or not but don't CHL players get like something like $150 a week or something? I don't even know how much but it's not much, and not in comparison to guys playing pro elsewhere. They're living with billet familes not on their own, prospects playing pro in Europe make way more.

a quick google gave me this article, I don't know how much of it is true, but the CHL isn't your average pro league, I wouldn't really call it pro based on the pay even though it's considered a pro league.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...s-violate-minimum-wage-laws-lawsuit-1.2806008

Pholus

May 23, 2014
CHL players don't make much at all. Like the previous guys said I don't know if there's behind the scenes compensation or not but don't CHL players get like something like $150 a week or something? I don't even know how much but it's not much, and not in comparison to guys playing pro elsewhere. They're living with billet familes not on their own, prospects playing pro in Europe make way more.

a quick google gave me this article, I don't know how much of it is true, but the CHL isn't your average pro league, I wouldn't really call it pro based on the pay even though it's considered a pro league.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...s-violate-minimum-wage-laws-lawsuit-1.2806008

Yes, but he has already signed an ELC with the Leafs, which means he will be paid his signing bonus from that contract this year (even tho the ELC slides until next year). Given that he wasn't a high pick, his signing bonus is likely 'only' $60-90k. Let's not pretend he has no money whatsoever.

EDIT:His signing bonus is $85,000 according to General Fanager

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Hang on a minute.

You're criticising an organisation for trying to improve their fortunes in the future?

They're well within their rights to do so. It's a move to make them better in the future, and also helps a prospect join a productive team where he has a chance to experience team success too.

Obviously Timashov doesn't have to, that's his prerogative.

No obviously the team wants whats best for them, all im saying is that we nor timashov don't owe them anything. There isnt a need to help facilitate the teams motives.

He's doing really well there, why not leave it as is, ie theres no need to change things just to suit the needs of the team at the CHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad