Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
How would this work? Moncton would have to release one of their current imports, wouldn't they? My understanding was that you can no longer trade an import in his 1st yr in the CHL.

Moncton would just release one of its imports.

Now it looks like Saint John is also interested.

Quebec's GM also mentionned he has received a lot of offers for him.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
The trade between Moncton and Quebec is pretty much done. Timashov just has to lift his NTC.

Hopefully the plan is to have him play the left side with Askew and Garland!
Assuming they're a line. Don't get to see many Moncton games.

Any idea why Quebec is trading their leading scorer while being 2nd in their division?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto

Any idea why Quebec is trading their leading scorer while being 2nd in their division?

I was wondering that too. And Quebec is an older team too.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

Aftermath of the Memorial Cup. They traded a lot of picks and some prospects last year for a run and now their cupboard is empty.

They weren't supposed to be so high this year because of all the players they lost and I'm sure right now they would prefer bringing in some good players to help them for another run but like I said, they don't have much picks left.

The rumoured price for Timashov is 1st pick, 2nd pick and 16 yo forward Ethan Crossman. That is a lot for a player who has 4 months left in junior hockey.

Junior hockey isn't the same reality as NHL, players are only there for 2-3-4-5 years so picks become important. Before the beginning of trades their first pick in 2016 was a 4th rounder, in 2017 a 3rd rounder and in 2018 a 2nd rounder. Now with Murphy, Graaskamp and Timashov traded, they have acquired a 1st pick, 4 2nd picks, 5th pick and two prospects.

Timashov has not lifted his NTC yet. He should do it, he won't win anything with Quebec this year.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Aftermath of the Memorial Cup. They traded a lot of picks and some prospects last year for a run and now their cupboard is empty.

They weren't supposed to be so high this year because of all the players they lost and I'm sure right now they would prefer bringing in some good players to help them for another run but like I said, they don't have much picks left.

The rumoured price for Timashov is 1st pick, 2nd pick and 16 yo forward Ethan Crossman. That is a lot for a player who has 4 months left in junior hockey.

Junior hockey isn't the same reality as NHL, players are only there for 2-3-4-5 years so picks become important. Before the beginning of trades their first pick in 2016 was a 4th rounder, in 2017 a 3rd rounder and in 2018 a 2nd rounder. Now with Murphy, Graaskamp and Timashov traded, they have acquired a 1st pick, 4 2nd picks, 5th pick and two prospects.

Timashov has not lifted his NTC yet. He should do it, he won't win anything with Quebec this year.

Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. Moncton certainly bolsters its offense.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Scratch Moncton, he's going to Shawinigan. He preferred Shawinigan to Moncton.

Timashov - Beauvillier - Yan

Not bad.

Last edited:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That works. Same division as Quebec so Serge can watch him more often and give us reports. They play Quebec 3 more times, Moncton only plays them once.

It'll be cool to see how he does playing with Beauvillier as well.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
You'd think Quebec wouldn't even bother negotiating with other teams if Timashov had told them he wouldn't accept a trade. So he must have very suddenly changed his mind. Something doesn't seem quite right here.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Just says he declined the trade, I dont see anything about staying in sweden, I wonder if the coach is going to play him less now or something to force his hand

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
why does he have a no trade?

this is the first time i've actually heard a junior player having this clause. lol :laugh:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Now I'm not too happy with him...

If he's traded, to any team, he's staying in Sweden...

ok this is uber creepy. I had a dream about this last night(i have no clue why lol), Timashov didn't make team Sweden for the WJC. Also he got traded and didn't like it so he decided to go back to Sweden.

and now half of it might come true, can't see him not making the WJC team though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad