Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
Barkov and Komarov are Russians. Komarov was born in USSR/ Estonia. Barkov is born in Finland, but he is of Russian decent. There is a lot of land that went back and forth between the two and a lot of folks ended up living in Finland and vice versa. laso a lot of Russians live and work in Finland, it's not uncommon. Glachenyuk was born in USA, also Russian, all the 3 guys could play for Russia and chose not to.

**edit** Barkovs father was a hockey player that nded up playing in Finland and Ales was born there, so same as Gally

Steen was born in Canada, still chose to play for Sweden, same thing only in reverse.

They all have some connection to their declared hockey country. I can't find that link for Timashov. Maybe it's not there. I was mostly just thinking out loud.

LeafGm

Jan 10, 2009
They all have some connection to their declared hockey country. I can't find that link for Timashov. Maybe it's not there. I was mostly just thinking out loud.
Timashov's Swedish connection is actually pretty strong. He was born in Ukraine, but he only spent the first eight years of his life there.Then he moved to Sweden with his mom after his parents got divorced. That's where he grew up, actually first started playing hockey & played all of his junior hockey before jumping to the QMJHL last year.

Funny enough, Timashov probably spent significantly more time in Sweden playing hockey than William Nylander did, since Nylander & family spent the first 13 years of his life following his dad around North America during hockey season.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Born in the Ukraine, Dmytro Timashov moved to Sweden when he was 7-years old. That was when he started to play the game of hockey.

He has played for and in Sweden his entire life before coming to the QHJHL.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
He's more fluent in Swedish than in Russian. When Tkachev was acquired by Quebec last year Timashov started being his translator but he said his Russian was a bit rusty.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He's more fluent in Swedish than in Russian. When Tkachev was acquired by Quebec last year Timashov started being his translator but he said his Russian was a bit rusty.

Damn you're insightful. Thanks for the info you've been passing on.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I have the feeling I've seen the last of Timashov with Quebec...

They play on Friday but I can't go and he's leaving the next day. There is a good chance he gets traded before coming back.

After he'll be a Leafs so I won't care about him anymore. :sarcasm:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
What can we do to entice you to come with Timashov to the leafs? We need a way to hear about our prospects! :p

Ah! Never ever never.

habs_logo_heart_by_thevengefulgeek-d8z0v5m.png

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
He's too good for junior.

Check out what he's working with while putting up those points!

Next closest player on the team is 17 points behind.

Can you imagine what his points totals would be on a stacked team?

I expect him to be traded during the Christmas trade period. He's the best forward available and a top team acquiring him takes a serious step.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
He's too good for junior.

Check out what he's working with while putting up those points!

Next closest player on the team is 17 points behind.

Can you imagine what his points totals would be on a stacked team?

He'll be with the Marlies next year.

He looked more NHL ready than Marner at camp (he's a 96 so the extra development year helps). No doubt if he had linemates like Tkachuk/Dvorak he'd have similar production. Marner is obviously the better talent with more NHL upside, but I don't think it would be unreasonable to put Timashov in a similar class of prospect as Dvorak (who Arizona fans are hyping to death, one even called him a better prospect than Marner).

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Serge, we're going to have to hope the Leafs draft someone from the Remparts so you will continue to visit us with your informative updates! Merci!

I had assumed you were male on account of the name "Serge." When I google the full name, I found a number of references to a theatre in Mauritius. It sounds as if there is an interesting story behind your posting handle!

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Serge, we're going to have to hope the Leafs draft someone from the Remparts so you will continue to visit us with your informative updates! Merci!

I had assumed you were male on account of the name "Serge." When I google the full name, I found a number of references to a theatre in Mauritius. It sounds as if there is an interesting story behind your posting handle!

Haha, it's more stupid than that.

Serge Constantin is the french name we (on the Habs board) used to give to Sergei Kostitsyn when he was with the Habs. 74 was his jersey number. He was my favorite when I chose that name and I stuck with it even after he left.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Timashov is now tied for third and is looking like he could be the second place scorer in the league soon enough with three games in hand on that player in second.

With offensive players like this guy throughout our prospect depth, i am starting to think the defensive depth in this coning draft might be something Hunter and team utilizes with some of their picks.

There is a story building with this 125th overall pick it seems. What a awesome pick. A year or two with the Marlies for Timashov fits in right nice with the team becoming very competitive.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Timashov is leaving today for Sweden and won't be back in the league until the end of the WJC in a month. He'll drop in the scoring race for sure.

What's up with that guy on the Prospects board always saying his skating is bad? And he says he has seen him play for the last 2 years?!

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Timashov is leaving today for Sweden and won't be back in the league until the end of the WJC in a month. He'll drop in the scoring race for sure.

What's up with that guy on the Prospects board always saying his skating is bad? And he says he has seen him play for the last 2 years?!

I think at the draft the knock on him was skating BUT I think his skating has improved/looks fine. Looks like he's actively trying to slow the game down at times in order to make plays - don't think skating is really a problem at all for him.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
I'm usually the guy who dumps on prospects due to their skating and even I don't see an issue with Timashov's skating.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Timashov for sure gets a shot with Babcock in my opinion. Great player. Definitely NHL imho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad