Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Nic brouillard (sp?) is putting up insane totals for a defenseman and the team itself is playing an offense-first brand of hockey (top 5 in GF and dead last in GA).

Not really. They lost their #1 goaltender for a long period of time and their backup has been terrible.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Strictly looking at Duclair's stat line it looks very unimpressive before being drafted. He had an excellent rookie season but then his point production dipped to below a Point/game. An undersized forward who is scoring at less than a point/game very rarely is taken in the 1st round. Gauthier had more points than Duclair and most people look at Gauthiers point totals in his draft year and say that he obviously had no offensive talent given those numbers.

Duclair was injured during his draft season but the talent was still there. Isn't the scouts' job to see talent? If you needed just stats teams wouldn't be paying to send their scouts to junior games. If he wasn't from the Q he wouldn't have fell so low, that was my point.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Thank you SergeConstantin74 for your insight on Timashov and the Quebec league.

It's hard for me to get a good read on the Quebec league because I don't really have a way to watch.

Your posts in here are very much appreciated.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I just read something interesting.

Quebec is 7th in the league.

Timashov against the 6 best teams in the league:

9 goals and 19 assists in 11 games (2.55 ppg)

Timashov against the other 11 teams behind Quebec:

8 goals and 14 assists in 16 games (1.38 ppg)

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I just read something interesting.

Quebec is 7th in the league.

Timashov against the 6 best teams in the league:

9 goals and 19 assists in 11 games (2.55 ppg)

Timashov against the other 11 teams behind Quebec:

8 goals and 14 assists in 16 games (1.38 ppg)

Wow, that's pretty surprising. That's a good thing... when he's playing an important game against a good team, he brings it.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Hunter already seems to have completely revitalized the a leafs scouting and drafting.

I can't wait for these guys to start making the NHl.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Wait, he's swedish? What?! His name is so... eastern european. :laugh:

He's of Ukrainian-Russian descent. Mom's from Ukraine, father's from Russia.

the son of a rather famous sporting father. Except the sport isn’t hockey; it’s Greco-Roman wrestling, where his Dad was Russia’s National Wrestling Champion, a genetic background that should help our prospect fill out.

Read more at: https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2015/07/26/one-eyed-toronto-maple-leafs-reporter-is-king/
source

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
give us the 1.80-1.90 comps plz/tia?

I didn't do that one because the comps are so thin. But here you :

3o7wVkN.png

The next comps are Simon Gamache, Anthony Mantha, James Desmarais, Conor Garland last year....

Just looking at the past 10y, removing the upper bound on the query, ordered by PPG:

Eij6zpI.png

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
A lot of Russian kids look to develop outisde of Russia and some of those countries claim them. Komarov, Galchenyuk and Barkov are prime examples.

Barkov is a Fin, ditto Komarov, and didn't Galchenyuk grow up in the states?

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Barkov is a Fin, ditto Komarov, and didn't Galchenyuk grow up in the states?

Barkov and Komarov are Russians. Komarov was born in USSR/ Estonia. Barkov is born in Finland, but he is of Russian decent. There is a lot of land that went back and forth between the two and a lot of folks ended up living in Finland and vice versa. laso a lot of Russians live and work in Finland, it's not uncommon. Glachenyuk was born in USA, also Russian, all the 3 guys could play for Russia and chose not to.

**edit** Barkovs father was a hockey player that nded up playing in Finland and Ales was born there, so same as Gally

Steen was born in Canada, still chose to play for Sweden, same thing only in reverse.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
51 points in 28 games, that's 1.80 / game pretty good for a 5th rounder

Kudos to Hunter and team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad