Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

champs*

I watched Timashov on a stream the other day, he can play a high tempo skilled game. Will fit into babcocks system easily I believe.

I also watched bracco and he must start playing more at a high tempo level. Super skilled hands and very good hockey iq from the top of the circles towards the net. Needs to be developed in the ahl...

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Name GP G A Pts
Conor Garland 30 19 51 70
Guillaume Gauthier 33 26 32 58
Alexis D'Aoust 32 19 35 54
Francis Perron 28 24 30 54
Dmytro Timashov 29 18 35 53

Timashov is 5th OA is quebec league and have played less games then Gauthier and D'Aoust, Garland is a clear leader with a wide margin

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
There's a rumour about Moncton being interested in Timashov.

Garland and Timashov on the same team in the Q would be unfair for teams' defense.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON

Garland and Timashov on the same team in the Q would be unfair for teams' defense.

What would you say the odds are that Tima gets traded during/shortly after the world juniors? Quebec isn't a bad team, but they're not great either, and this will likely be Tima's last year in the Q.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
What would you say the odds are that Tima gets traded during/shortly after the world juniors? Quebec isn't a bad team, but they're not great either, and this will likely be Tima's last year in the Q.

He's probably gone by the end of the WJC. Quebec could go far with a couple of trades to get better but they don't have much left to trade after last year. Before last week they didn't have 1st or 2nd round picks in 2016, 2017 and 2018. They started by trading 20 yo captain Matt Murphy to Saint John. Nikolas Brouillard and Timashov are two other players who have good chances to go, being the best defenseman and the best forward on the trade market. They only have 4 months left in the Q so if the Remparts can get 1st and 2nd picks for them, they'll do it.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Getting traded in junior cannot be any fun.

Most Europeans come with a NTC so they can't trade him without their agreement. Timashov will probably do what the Leafs want and I think Leafs want him to go far in the playoffs. Moncton is a nice place in the Q.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Most Europeans come with a NTC so they can't trade him without their agreement. Timashov will probably do what the Leafs want and I think Leafs want him to go far in the playoffs. Moncton is a nice place in the Q.

Serge do you follow the Q as a whole or do you just follow the Remparts? The reason I ask is because I've been loving your updates on Timashov.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I'm not sure how accurate that 5' 9 is, ive met him IRL and he didn't seem that small.

Dude is just a solid solid player.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Timashov for sure gets a shot with Babcock in my opinion. Great player. Definitely NHL imho

From camp it seems like he's a real Babs type player. Not sure if he was just trying to build him up and give him an incentive, but it seemed like he wasn't far off even making the show this season. But his build for sure gives him an advantage.

I've seen it said somewhere else, but one of the best aspects of having him in the system right now, is we're not hoping for him to be the guy. So much more pressure off his shoulders than there would have been when our cupboards were lacking real top end talent.

Pholus

May 23, 2014

How would this work? Moncton would have to release one of their current imports, wouldn't they? My understanding was that you can no longer trade an import in his 1st yr in the CHL.

jjjshab

Jul 7, 2015
How would this work? Moncton would have to release one of their current imports, wouldn't they? My understanding was that you can no longer trade an import in his 1st yr in the CHL.

Tima isn't in his first year in the CHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad