Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Yes, but he has already signed an ELC with the Leafs, which means he will be paid his signing bonus from that contract this year (even tho the ELC slides until next year). Given that he wasn't a high pick, his signing bonus is likely 'only' $60-90k. Let's not pretend he has no money whatsoever.

EDIT:His signing bonus is $85,000 according to General Fanager

sure but it's not out of the realm of possibility that his agent would like more this year if he could, he's got the signing bonus anyway, and if it's possible for him to go to Europe to get more than he's getting in the CHL which is very little then that could be the reason.

I'm not looking at how much money he has but what possible more money he could earn this year, and if it were possible he would have likely been able to earn more in SWeden than in the CHL. That was my point.

But it appears that's not possible because going to Sweden isn't possible without Quebec's consent so I don't even know what the threat to go to Sweden is about anyway if it's not even possible.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
anyway no big deal it was only a theory because the threat seemed strange because Timashov could control whether he's traded or not so it seemed weird why that would even be brought up. That maybe the agent was looking for a reason to get Timashov to leave to Sweden.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
It's basically up to the Leafs now. Timashov will ask them what they want him to do.

Shawinigan will be a very interesting team to follow. They just acquired defenseman Cavan Fitzgerald (signed by the Sharks this summer) and forward Gabriel Gagné (Ottawa's 2nd pick in 2015).

My brother lives there. I might be tempted to make a few trips during the playoffs. :nod:

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
It's basically up to the Leafs now. Timashov will ask them what they want him to do.

Shawinigan will be a very interesting team to follow. They just acquired defenseman Cavan Fitzgerald (signed by the Sharks this summer) and forward Gabriel Gagné (Ottawa's 2nd pick in 2015).

My brother lives there. I might be tempted to make a few trips during the playoffs. :nod:

So he needs approval from Leafs? *I haven't read french since grade 10* O_O

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Will probably play with Kempe and Holmstrom on L2.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was top five in points by the end of the tournament.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Will probably play with Kempe and Holmstrom on L2.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was top five in points by the end of the tournament.

Nope. Starting on the "third" line and 2nd PP.

Top two lines are:

Lindblom - Holmström - Kempe
Nylander - Nylander - Eriksson Ek

Usually they roll 3 lines pretty equally so not being on one of those two lines might not be a bad thing. I'm pretty sure Timashov will be the first replacement for Kempe if that line doesn't work though.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Timashov is a beast. All this kid does is produce, maybe it's just me but I think it's totally awesome that he is so willing to do what the Leafs want him to do. Kid has a bright future in this organization if he keeps his work ethic up, he's got the size and skill to play in the NHL in a few years.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
Could he finally be a late-round, top-end steal that we have never really had since maybe Kaberle?

I mean, a high-end player. Stralman was a good pick but it didn't work out. Komarov was a great pick but he isn't a high-end player. I'm talking like a Jamie Benn type steal. That would be awesome! :)

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Sorry. I've been trying to follow along here, but I think I missed something in terms of the convo.

What is up to the Leafs in terms of Tymashov?

Thanks for the updates. I do appreciate it.

Quebec wants to trade him to Shawinigan but Timashov has a no trade clause.

He said he would ask the Leafs what they want him to do (accept the trade or not).

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
A part of the knock on him before the draft was how he wasn't as effective during the playoffs as he was during the season. He won't have much opportunity to go far in the playoffs with Quebec but with Shawinigan he has a chance at the championship.

To me, it's the reason why he should accept the trade.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Could he finally be a late-round, top-end steal that we have never really had since maybe Kaberle?

I mean, a high-end player. Stralman was a good pick but it didn't work out. Komarov was a great pick but he isn't a high-end player. I'm talking like a Jamie Benn type steal. That would be awesome! :)

asking him to be Jamie Benn in a little much.

We also have this guy who was leading OHL scorer, and the leading rookie AHL scorer who was a 6th round pick in Connor Brown

also the leading U24 player(as a player who just turned 21) in the SHL in Andreas Johnson with a 7th rounder.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Nope. Starting on the "third" line and 2nd PP.

Top two lines are:

Lindblom - Holmström - Kempe
Nylander - Nylander - Eriksson Ek

Usually they roll 3 lines pretty equally so not being on one of those two lines might not be a bad thing. I'm pretty sure Timashov will be the first replacement for Kempe if that line doesn't work though.

Ah ok, wasn't too sure. Still a very formidable bottom six.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Its insane how much we have now in terms of talent. And its going to be even more insane this year if Lou gets my emails and trades everyone he can. Seriously we probably need another AHL team next year.

It would be great for the Leafs to get a team in the KHL or something, and send all our top talents that cannot handle the puck or who cannot skate as well as they should, there.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Its insane how much we have now in terms of talent. And its going to be even more insane this year if Lou gets my emails and trades everyone he can. Seriously we probably need another AHL team next year.

It would be great for the Leafs to get a team in the KHL or something, and send all our top talents that cannot handle the puck or who cannot skate as well as they should, there.

Pretty cool that we have one of the top scorers in the OHL, Leading Scorer in the AHL and a top 7 guy in the Q. Been a long time since we really had some talent pushing from below. Who do we have in the WHL? Lol. Dermott (sp?) looks like a player, gonna be fun watching the juniors even more for a change!

Luvit. Baby steps are paying off slowly.

canadon

Jun 25, 2015
Vaughan, ON
Pretty cool that we have one of the top scorers in the OHL, Leading Scorer in the AHL and a top 7 guy in the Q. Been a long time since we really had some talent pushing from below. Who do we have in the WHL? Lol. Dermott (sp?) looks like a player, gonna be fun watching the juniors even more for a change!

Luvit. Baby steps are paying off slowly.
Andrew Nielsen - 2nd (tied for first) in scoring among the WHL defencemen.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Timashov got into a little fight with Anton Karlsson at practice. It happened last year with the Remparts on two occasions. Cancer. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad