GDT: Leafs - Panthers Game 5: 7pm EST - On Lots of Channels: The BWO Presents - Well it's Game 5 down 3-1. Best Keep Drinking. Baby

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Well last game was a huge win, saved me from reading “The Leafs haven’t won a game in round 2 since confederation, etc.
I feel confident tonight maybe a big win.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
banner2023.jpg

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Good thing about this series is that I thought panthers have played like shit in every single game

True.. I honestly believe the Leafs have made their own destiny in this series. When they have played like crap they lost and when they played well they won.

Funny how that works when you're the better team on paper.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Leafs have a 22% chance to win the series right now. If they win tonight it'll go to 35%. If they win game 6 it'll go to 65%. Just one win at a time boys or else this city will cry for like a day til they get preoccupied by literally anything else

Edit: since some may ask cause 50%*50%*50% is 12.5.. I'm using gambling math which dogs win but they also set prices for a reason

Leafs are -175 tonight (63.5% win probability), if they win they'll be -120 on the road (54.5%) and going back home for game 7 woild almost certainly be higher than -175 but let's say -175 again (63.5%)

63.5*54.5*63.5 = 21.9%

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Good thing about this series is that I thought panthers have played like shit in every single game

The only legitimate bad game played was game 3. They were the better team with the majority of the first two games but they just made some very bad brain farts of the worst times.

We honestly shouldn't blink if they win the next two or three games in the series. Not that they still can't make brain farts at the worst times

Reactions: Dekes For Days

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I look at a team like Carolina, that’s how playoff hockey is played. They will dust Florida. It will annoy me so much, why teams that have less talent than us play harder and just get shit done without making excuses. They may dust us too.

The culture fostered by Dubas is the answer to that question IMO

Reactions: Cleetus

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
I look at a team like Carolina, that’s how playoff hockey is played. They will dust Florida. It will annoy me so much, why teams that have less talent than us play harder and just get shit done without making excuses. They may dust us too.

Unfortunately this is why the eye test can't be taken serious .. in what world is Toronto better than Carolina??

Reactions: Eye Test

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Matthews won't be held off the score sheet forever (I hope). I expect him to score tonight. Blocked shots are great to see, but he needs to hop into his time machine and bring the 2020 wrister back.

He is looking for tips and finesse plays he has hardly "shot" and unleashed his snapshots. He needs to do that often IMO.

even on PP we have other folks taking shots Matthew doesn't and I am left wondering why the F is the best shooter on the team not shooting? It pissed me off too that they have Willy on 2nd PP while the Leafs PP was 2nd overall league wide with Willy on #1 unit.

Keefe is a moron

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I’m torn. Matthews is probably not producing quite as well because he is matched up against a selke winning ppg Center. Matthews is easily holding his own against Barkov and looks more dangerous and just as capable defensively. The two are neutralizing each other. Do you keep playing them against each other or try to move away from the matchup like they seemed to be trying in the previous games one and two at home?

this is where a "competent" coach uses last change/home ice to their advantage IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad