GDT: Leafs - Panthers Game 5: 7pm EST - On Lots of Channels: The BWO Presents - Well it's Game 5 down 3-1. Best Keep Drinking. Baby

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Gotta figure Bobrovski is due for a bad game or 2. Hopefully 3 lol.

We really need something today out of Tavares, Bunting and Jarnkrok, they've been practically invisible this series and the latter 2 have not really done much the entire playoffs. Hopefully we can pull it off tonight and start getting the Panthers to feel pressure

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Gotta figure Bobrovski is due for a bad game or 2. Hopefully 3 lol.

We really need something today out of Tavares, Bunting and Jarnkrok, they've been practically invisible this series and the latter 2 have not really done much the entire playoffs. Hopefully we can pull it off tonight and start getting the Panthers to feel pressure
JT has at least had chances but he's not converting. Matthews obviously needs to convert as well. Jarnkrok and Bunting definitely have been invisible.

Leafs desperately need to figure out how to score more than two goals a game. Can’t keep counting on 2-1 wins.
The trouble is if they try to go high octane offense they open themselves up and make costly makes in transition like the first two games. And if they play like last game they limit those mistakes but obviously it dulls the scoring and there's less margin for error as you basically have to grind out a 1 or 2 goal lead. They'll need to generate more traffic on Bob and get more of those greasy goals.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
This is it. Another must win game.

The final countdown

There is only one way.

IMG_6111.jpeg

Win this one Boys

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Get some pucks past Bob, get the big boys feeling good about their game, and start putting some pressure onto FLA.

Not dead yet.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Please if we actually win the lottery and get a power play tonight, I DON'T want to see Matthews walking the blueline... one of the top snipers in the world HAS to be left or right side for one timers ala OV, Stamkos, Drai... drives me crazy.

To this day I don't understand how it isn't obvious what should be happening on the PP. Put ROR in the middle, Matthews right side slot, Nylander left side slot and Marner+Rielly on the point occupying space. If they're comfortable with just Rielly on point, put Marner down low. It's such an obvious change given Matthews found out how to one time and Willy has a killer wrister.

Reactions: budzz

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
They should’ve. On paper we were the better team by a lot. f***ing Irbe pulled a Hasek. I never screamed so loud when Sundin scored to tie the game in game 6. Ohh man… but it would’ve been extremely hard going against Detroit for the Cup

I remember Alyn McCauley scoring late in game 1 to tie the game… I think it was game 1. Man those were the days

Leafs were riddled with injuries. McCauley and Roberts carried the team but ran out of gas.

Not to mention a brain dead play by mogilny

Kyle Broflovski

Mar 23, 2023
Bremen
Well, I am quite excited. Will Watch the Game and in a few Hours I have to get up, cause my Family and I will fly away and go on vacation.
So please dont dissappoint me, Leafs :leafs

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
To this day I don't understand how it isn't obvious what should be happening on the PP. Put ROR in the middle, Matthews right side slot, Nylander left side slot and Marner+Rielly on the point occupying space. If they're comfortable with just Rielly on point, put Marner down low. It's such an obvious change given Matthews found out how to one time and Willy has a killer wrister.
Then JT will felt left out and his stats will no longer justify his contract.

I'd be proud to call my daughter Matthew if i could get him to stick around for another 8 years at 9 million dollar's
Just call her Matty if AM sticks around for 8 yrs at 12mil while we will the Cup a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad