GDT: Leafs - Panthers Game 5: 7pm EST - On Lots of Channels: The BWO Presents - Well it's Game 5 down 3-1. Best Keep Drinking. Baby

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Last time Leafs were in ECF I thought they were going to beat Carolina.

Stupid Leafs.
They should’ve. On paper we were the better team by a lot. f***ing Irbe pulled a Hasek. I never screamed so loud when Sundin scored to tie the game in game 6. Ohh man… but it would’ve been extremely hard going against Detroit for the Cup

I remember Alyn McCauley scoring late in game 1 to tie the game… I think it was game 1. Man those were the days

GrizzGreen

Oct 16, 2017
Laguna
It’s American money man. Greed trumps all.

How many countries bombed?
How many corrupt companies still pay 6$ min wage there?
How many assault rifle deaths?
Drug prices killing more families?

And nothing. Not even a blink.

Smallest sports league in NHL and Canadian teams complaining won’t do jack.

Please. This is just another Tuesday for them.

No cup in Canada since expansion era…It is not an accident
Wes McCauley giving us no PP was a big a joke as you can get.
were you dropped on your head?

$ on the wrong side of the numeral *chefs kiss*

Reactions: sunstersun

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
We're a bunch of suckers.
IMG_6026.gif

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
They should’ve. On paper we were the better team by a lot. f***ing Irbe pulled a Hasek. I never screamed so loud when Sundin scored to tie the game in game 6. Ohh man… but it would’ve been extremely hard going against Detroit for the Cup

I remember Alyn McCauley scoring late in game 1 to tie the game… I think it was game 1. Man those were the days
The injuries the Leafs had were brutal that year.

McCauley played the best hockey of his life!

Reactions: Buds17
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

McCauley tied it with 8 seconds left in game 2. Roberts made a great pass to him after he pretty much sold shot to all the Canes players in front lol. Thought they were going take a 2-0 series lead at that point.

And then Nic Wallin's OT goal was a one timer from the point that got deflected off a Leaf D (Berg?). IIRC, one of the Leaf forwards went all out for the shot block when Wallin first had the puck, but ended up passing it and the Leaf player almost slid out of the zone. Wallin had plenty of room for the subsequent shot as a result

Frustrating series, especially on home ice.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Hey there, fellow puckheads!

Now, I know what some of you might be thinking - "The Leafs are down 3-1? It's over." But let me tell you something - it's NEVER over until the fat zamboni sings!

Yes, we're down, but not out, and if there's anything our beloved Leafs know how to do, it's how to come from behind and surprise everyone. Just remember the Miracle of '42! And there's no better night than tonight to repeat that history.

Let's talk about our boys in blue. We've got Auston Matthews, an absolute sniper whose shot accuracy would make a Navy SEAL blush. The Panthers' goalie has been playing well, yes, but Matthews is just warming up.

Then there's Mitch "The Magician" Marner, the playmaker who has more tricks up his sleeve than Houdini. He can set up a goal from the most impossible angles - angles that haven't even been discovered by mathematicians yet!

And don't forget about John Tavares, our Captain Fantastic. The man's leadership on and off the ice is second to none, and he's got the grit and determination to rally the troops when the chips are down. Tavares doesn't know the meaning of quit, and he's gonna make sure the rest of the Leafs don't either.

Last but not least, we've got William Nylander, the Swedish Sensation. The man's speed and skill can create chaos in the Panther's defense, leaving them more confused than a chameleon in a bag of Skittles.

Now, let's not ignore the elephant in the room, the Panthers. They've played well, no doubt about it. But let's remember, it's not the team that starts the series on fire, it's the team that finishes it. And it's high time for the Leafs to turn up the heat.

So, fellow Leafs Nation, it's time to put on your jerseys, grab a cold one, and get ready to cheer our boys to victory. Remember, we're not just fans, we're family, and our boys need us now more than ever. Tonight, we're not just hoping for a win, we're expecting it.

The Panthers might think they've got us cornered, but they're about to learn a very important lesson - Never corner a Maple Leaf. Because when you do, that's when they're the most dangerous.

So, here's to a thrilling Game 5! The comeback continues tonight!

#GoLeafsGo

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
We all love you 😍 ❤️ 😘

Get in his face screen screen greasy goals.
Automatic Leaf win

Now, I know what some of you might be thinking - "The Leafs are down 3-1? It's over." But let me tell you something - it's NEVER over until the fat zamboni sings!

Yes, we're down, but not out, and if there's anything our beloved Leafs know how to do, it's how to come from behind and surprise everyone. Just remember the Miracle of '42! And there's no better night than tonight to repeat that history.

Let's talk about our boys in blue. We've got Auston Matthews, an absolute sniper whose shot accuracy would make a Navy SEAL blush. The Panthers' goalie has been playing well, yes, but Matthews is just warming up.

Then there's Mitch "The Magician" Marner, the playmaker who has more tricks up his sleeve than Houdini. He can set up a goal from the most impossible angles - angles that haven't even been discovered by mathematicians yet!

And don't forget about John Tavares, our Captain Fantastic. The man's leadership on and off the ice is second to none, and he's got the grit and determination to rally the troops when the chips are down. Tavares doesn't know the meaning of quit, and he's gonna make sure the rest of the Leafs don't either.

Last but not least, we've got William Nylander, the Swedish Sensation. The man's speed and skill can create chaos in the Panther's defense, leaving them more confused than a chameleon in a bag of Skittles.

Now, let's not ignore the elephant in the room, the Panthers. They've played well, no doubt about it. But let's remember, it's not the team that starts the series on fire, it's the team that finishes it. And it's high time for the Leafs to turn up the heat.

So, fellow Leafs Nation, it's time to put on your jerseys, grab a cold one, and get ready to cheer our boys to victory. Remember, we're not just fans, we're family, and our boys need us now more than ever. Tonight, we're not just hoping for a win, we're expecting it.

The Panthers might think they've got us cornered, but they're about to learn a very important lesson - Never corner a Maple Leaf. Because when you do, that's when they're the most dangerous.

#GoLeafsGo
Beautiful respect a positive fan!!! GLG

Reactions: LeafSteel

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
McCauley tied it with 8 seconds left in game 2. Roberts made a great pass to him after he pretty much sold shot to all the Canes players in front lol. Thought they were going take a 2-0 series lead at that point.

And then Nic Wallin's OT goal was a one timer from the point that got deflected off a Leaf D (Berg?). IIRC, one of the Leaf forwards went all out for the shot block when Wallin first had the puck, but ended up passing it and the Leaf player almost slid out of the zone. Wallin had plenty of room for the subsequent shot as a result

Frustrating series, especially on home ice.

Paul Maurice was like 35 back then, the youngest coach in the league (I believe). He is now 3 years younger than Pat Quinn was at the time. I hate losing to him.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
How will we win: early PP Matthews Scores. We dominate get more shots than Panthers, Woll is a rock. Solid defensively, score a few more on a skaken Bob.

How will we lose: we dominate but can’t score in the first. Blown rush in the last minute of P1 because a defensemen is caught up ice and Woll lets in a softy. They panic and start cheating. We die.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Same lineup as Wednesday? Hopefully we get the win tonight then Knies is back Sunday. Would be nice to have Samsonov back to but I think we keep riding Woll if he can keep winning

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I'll be heading past Maple Leaf Square in an hour or so. Hopefully the faithful are assembling

Tonight's a big night for the boys - time for gritty grit and a few more goals.

Reactions: crump

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Ok I mean I'm not expecting miracles. I don't believe that this team will win 3 more in a row.

But Carolina I awaits in the ECF.

Imagine slaying that dragon. It would be poetic.

Reactions: crump

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

#GoLeafsGo
Let’s go!

sunstersun

May 12, 2017
How will we win: early PP Matthews Scores. We dominate get more shots than Panthers, Woll is a rock. Solid defensively, score a few more on a skaken Bob.

How will we lose: we dominate but can’t score in the first. Blown rush in the last minute of P1 because a defensemen is caught up ice and Woll lets in a softy. They panic and start cheating. We die.

How we lose: dumb turnovers. Please stop giving the puck away defence and offence.

And bench Holl and Gio. Play Lilly 20 + minutes. Did ya'll seem him last game? Wowza.

Reactions: HolyCrap and crump
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad