GDT: Leafs - Panthers Game 5: 7pm EST - On Lots of Channels: The BWO Presents - Well it's Game 5 down 3-1. Best Keep Drinking. Baby

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I seem to remember either in one of the intermissions Wednesday or in the post game comments the panel brought up some stats about how Bob wilts the more consecutive games he plays starting at the 8th game or so. Does anyone else recall that conversation?

Reactions: PromisedLand

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I’m torn. Matthews is probably not producing quite as well because he is matched up against a selke winning ppg Center. Matthews is easily holding his own against Barkov and looks more dangerous and just as capable defensively. The two are neutralizing each other. Do you keep playing them against each other or try to move away from the matchup like they seemed to be trying in the previous games one and two at home?

Double shift him, Matty is known for his accuracy but for what ever reason he's been pinging pucks off crossbars like bee's off a window... the guy cant catch a break.

Rumors out of Miami are Maurice had a closed door and tore the paint off the walls after Game 4. Expect an angry, motivated and aggressive Panthers.

I seem to remember either in one of the intermissions Wednesday or in the post game comments the panel brought up some stats about how Bob wilts the more consecutive games he plays starting at the 8th game or so. Does anyone else recall that conversation?

Yep, they said it.

Reactions: Guided by Veseys

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I’m torn. Matthews is probably not producing quite as well because he is matched up against a selke winning ppg Center. Matthews is easily holding his own against Barkov and looks more dangerous and just as capable defensively. The two are neutralizing each other. Do you keep playing them against each other or try to move away from the matchup like they seemed to be trying in the previous games one and two at home?
It is not about Matty or Mitchy at all .. those guys just need to focus on playing solid D and wait for da PP .. those 2 it is all about mistake FREE hockey .. play exactly like game 4 and Woll will carry team to another victory

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Not sure if anyone pointed it out but would like to acknowledge a great play by Schenn that quite possibly prevented the game from going to overtime due to a great second effort to poke the puck away from I believe Verhaege? Great job Luke! Keep it up!

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
If we keep it simple like last game we have a good chance

We were impressive at getting the puck out.

Hopefully they don't hang a mission accomplished banner from not getting swept and give no effort however

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014

Maybe in time for game 7 if they get there.

Still can't believe Parros got away with not suspending Bennett for this. Only a Leaf can have their head literally driven into the ice by the opponent's hand and the opponent not get a penalty or a suspension. Even if that may have knocked the player out with a concussion for the entire series. it's unreal and so crooked.

Meanwhile we have guys like Spezza and Bunting with zero history have the book throw at them at unprecedented levels. There needs to be an independent review of stuff like this and the bias against certain teams

Altair

Dec 10, 2019
We’re taking this to 7 and laying an egg in said game aren’t we?

It’s this teams maximum fan punishment way. Lol.
You know, I'd still be happier with that than getting 4-0'd... one game at a time.

Reactions: Buds17

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Still can't believe Parros got away with not suspending Bennett for this. Only a Leaf can have their head literally driven into the ice by the opponent's hand and the opponent not get a penalty or a suspension. Even if that may have knocked the player out with a concussion for the entire series. it's unreal and so crooked.

Meanwhile we have guys like Spezza and Bunting with zero history have the book throw at them at unprecedented levels. There needs to be an independent review of stuff like this and the bias against certain teams
I don't buy the league has it in for the Leafs when it comes to DOPS, but when you see Bunts get 3 playoff games for a head shot and the most anybody else gets is 1 game, I shake my head. DOPs is a joke. Clearly there is more at play when it comes to suspensions than the act. For example can you imagine McDavid being suspended for a game #7 or a game the Oilers could be closed out in?

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Alright. Time for our 11.6 million dollar former 60 goal scorer Austin Matthews to take over an entire game.

Define your legacy, all the greats can take over games, it's now your time this evening. I expect a classic 2 goal game from Matthews this evening.

One game at a time boys, one game at a time.

game-day-leafs.gif

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
I don't buy the league has it in for the Leafs when it comes to DOPS, but when you see Bunts get 3 playoff games for a head shot and the most anybody else gets is 1 game, I shake my head. DOPs is a joke. Clearly there is more at play when it comes to suspensions than the act. For example can you imagine McDavid being suspended for a game #7 or a game the Oilers could be closed out in?
There's a pretty good history of what has been let go with infractions against the Leafs players vs what Leafs players get suspended for and for how long. There is absolutely clear bias against the Leafs. People can talk about Leafs fans whining but when Spezza and Bunting get throw out for multiple games and you have numerous Leafs having their heads intentionally attacked over the years with not even penalties given out, you know something fishy is going on.

Then you see what they did with the Oilers and Vegas situation and you just have to question how this guy is still employed.

Reactions: ToneDog

Altair

Dec 10, 2019
do you think O'Reilly soaking up some shifts vs Barkov could help free up Matty for more offensive opportunities?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
A lot of tickets at or close to fave value + Ticketmaster fees. Man they charge a ton

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
We can't put it all on Wollie the Goalie, we can't let any cat who feels like it to just walk through his crease, hard cross checks that drive guys into the ice, a punch in the face or back of the head delivered with malice if they try it again.

Going 11-7 again I think, damn I wish Knies was available

58 34 88
91 90 16
15 52 64
28 19

And ffs leave them together, let them decide the game

Keefe has all the advantages here

You clock Bennet, KaDouche and Barkov individually and near the end of their shift send Cookie or Laffs over the boards to take a shot at them, and by a shot I mean friggin hurt them, they did it to us turnabout is fair play

but it's all about protecting Wollie the Goalie

Limit HDCs, own the middle, mistreat any trespassers and mistreat them again, own your side of centre become zealots inside your own blueline

Sustain pressure in the Panther end, make the Panthers end your end too, introduce the Panthers to the boards and glass and do so repeatedly, finish every check like you're still trying to make the team.

Get on Bob, stay on Bob, crowd Bob, dig pucks out of his hands, bang Bob, blind Bob and get Bob off his game.

You got this, let's go tear them up!

GLG

Last edited:
Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto

It’s American money man. Greed trumps all.

How many countries bombed?
How many corrupt companies still pay 6$ min wage there?
How many assault rifle deaths?
Drug prices killing more families?

And nothing. Not even a blink.

Smallest sports league in NHL and Canadian teams complaining won’t do jack.

Please. This is just another Tuesday for them.

No cup in Canada since expansion era…It is not an accident
Wes McCauley giving us no PP was a big a joke as you can get.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
do you think O'Reilly soaking up some shifts vs Barkov could help free up Matty for more offensive opportunities?
It’s a gamble for sure. Might be just me but I feel like O’Reilly is looking a touch gassed from all the grinding he’s done these last two rounds.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Hall and Oates. Responsible for our goal song.
Thanks - I wouldn't recognize them if they bit me.

I never listened to the song until just now - God, is it awful!

Maybe that's why the team seems to come out flat after a goal.

Reactions: ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad