GDT: Leafs - Panthers Game 5: 7pm EST - On Lots of Channels: The BWO Presents - Well it's Game 5 down 3-1. Best Keep Drinking. Baby

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I don't buy the league has it in for the Leafs when it comes to DOPS, but when you see Bunts get 3 playoff games for a head shot and the most anybody else gets is 1 game, I shake my head. DOPs is a joke. Clearly there is more at play when it comes to suspensions than the act. For example can you imagine McDavid being suspended for a game #7 or a game the Oilers could be closed out in?

Matthews, the two time Lady Byng finalist with zero history, gets two games for pretty much the same crosscheck that gets Bennett a fine. Bennett who has a prior history. Who has also put someone out with a concussion and repeatedly punched a prone player with others on top of him and gotten nothing.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Time for Woll to flat out steal a game. Rattle the Panthers, give the skaters hope and confidence and give us a game 6 and a different series. Odds are thin but each game is 50-50 right?

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Same lineup as Wednesday? Hopefully we get the win tonight then Knies is back Sunday. Would be nice to have Samsonov back to but I think we keep riding Woll if he can keep winning
I’d go 11/7 until he can come back

There’s really no point in swapping that 7th dman for ZAR. I’d rather gio for his fearlessness to block shots, or Gus for his offensive abilities stoll

horner

May 22, 2007
They need to play ACDC in the dressing room YOU SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG.
GET IT ON BOYS HAMMER TIME.

I’d go 11/7 until he can come back

There’s really no point in swapping that 7th dman for ZAR. I’d rather gio for his fearlessness to block shots, or Gus for his offensive abilities stoll
I'd go 12 and 6 with Simmer in just in case.
Even if he plays 3 minutes.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
McCauley tied it with 8 seconds left in game 2. Roberts made a great pass to him after he pretty much sold shot to all the Canes players in front lol. Thought they were going take a 2-0 series lead at that point.

And then Nic Wallin's OT goal was a one timer from the point that got deflected off a Leaf D (Berg?). IIRC, one of the Leaf forwards went all out for the shot block when Wallin first had the puck, but ended up passing it and the Leaf player almost slid out of the zone. Wallin had plenty of room for the subsequent shot as a result

Frustrating series, especially on home ice.
Amazing memory. Now that I think of it, the OT winner was a crusher because like you said if we win that we go back home up 2-0. Damn… and yeah the injuries were bad, Roberts had a bad back, Sundin’s face was f***ed up, Tucker was out I believe.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Amazing memory. Now that I think of it, the OT winner was a crusher because like you said if we win that we go back home up 2-0. Damn… and yeah the injuries were bad, Roberts had a bad back, Sundin’s face was f***ed up, Tucker was out I believe.

Sundin and Tucker both returned for game 5, Leafs won that game.

Reactions: stats1

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Enjoy now before she hits the Terrible Twos! :laugh:
Couldn’t agree more. You think ohh I wish she was older and could talk… nah it’s quieter in the “months old” stage. Once 2 years and 3 years go by the attitude develops lol I have a 3 year old although super sweet she has her tantrum moments. Enjoy the baby stage so quiet lol

Reactions: Eye Test

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
Time for Woll to flat out steal a game. Rattle the Panthers, give the skaters hope and confidence and give us a game 6 and a different series. Odds are thin but each game is 50-50 right?
I think a blowout is better. Then they'll focus on their own deficiencies before game 6 instead of gameplanning on rattling a rookie goalie that just stole a game.
Hoping the offense take game 5 and Woll steals 6 or 7.
(But really just hoping for any kind of ugly, beautiful, controversial, dominant, undeserved or hard fought win. Bounce in off a linesman in 3OT for all I care)

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Couldn’t agree more. You think ohh I wish she was older and could talk… nah it’s quieter in the “months old” stage. Once 2 years and 3 years go by the attitude develops lol I have a 3 year old although super sweet she has her tantrum moments. Enjoy the baby stage so quiet lol
My two year old is a monster lmao.

GLG hope they don’t leave Woll out to dry he’s been great.

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
The months old stage was by far the worst and loudest for our twins! Yikes!

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I look at a team like Carolina, that’s how playoff hockey is played. They will dust Florida. It will annoy me so much, why teams that have less talent than us play harder and just get shit done without making excuses. They may dust us too.
I think we all know the reason……..butter soft doesn’t cut it in the playoffs

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Last game was the least involved game for me that I can remember. My younger son couldn't believe I wasn't yelling at any point during the game.........

Hoping for the best, but awaiting the inevitable worst.
Same here... I told myself this would be the first playoff game I wasn't going to watch and just work, but loyal old me couldn't help myself and I came home and watched it, and never once cheered or yelled when they scored. Would be nice if they could come back and take the series, a long stretch, but if they play tonight like they did on Wednesday for the rest of the series, anything is possible.
Go Leafs Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad