Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
This team’s awful home record really should be a massive indictment on Keefe. Why is this team so much better when he can’t dictate matchups? It’s the same thing in the playoffs. Give him control and this team can’t get results.

Frustrating season series, at least it’s over. This team is so stupid it hurts. At least two of those Islanders goals were from the Leafs being idiots.
3 regulation wins at home for your team the entire season, i feel ya buddy.

Reactions: hullsy47

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I couldn't watch but lol @ that Domi half break where he dangled it around the net toward the far corner and then fired it to no one in the slot, generous of sportsnet to give it a spot in the highlight package.
I think firing Keefe is the biggest deadline deal to be made

Reactions: TMLAM34

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Wow only 3 .it's a number of things but the main issue is this team will be at best 8th best odds to win a cup if they make the playoffs
Losing games 4 times in the last 9 games that u had a lead or tied with 5 minutes to go is a major concern

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I couldn't watch but lol @ that Domi half break where he dangled it around the net toward the far corner and then fired it to no one in the slot, generous of sportsnet to give it a spot in the highlight package.
There can’t be anyone here that still thinks this team is anywhere close to a contender…….is there?
Maybe a playoff contender. Lol

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Never winning anything with Reilly
Reilly’s defensive game is as inept as the rest of the D core, Benoit is the only one doing his job competently, oh and yet another winning goal where Brodie’s the goat……..

Reactions: Tlo1 and Al14

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
After reading that this team isn't a cup contender a few dozen times after the loss, I wonder?

Would they be considered cup favourites if they had won?

They seem to just be a mid pack team. Hardly win in regulation. Hardly lose in regulation.

Outside of the breakdown on the winning goal, I don't believe the Leafs can be accused of a lack of effort last night. That was an entertaining game.

Saw a lot of signs of life from the second line. Especially Willy and JT.

Reactions: Mr_Fun and ACC1224

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Man Nylander's contract already sucks
Who didn’t see that coming, well played Styles, well played indeed………

I’ll lose my mind if Treliving does any type of buying. Saw a rumour going around that Robertson is on the table. f*** off with that shit. This team has enough trouble scoring.
Trading Robertson will be Mason Marchment 2.0……….

There is. It's unfortunate, they call it passion but to me it's just being blind.

It's like after a relationship when the rose colored glasses come off, and you realize all that was wrong with the relationship that you just couldn't see because you were in love.

That's Leafs nation at the moment. We are not a cup contending team, so knowing that, we must make moves towards becoming that.

The forwards being 98% of the cap needs to end, defense needs to be prioritized, and for the love of god a system and or players that invision, believe or prioritize a 200 foot game would be nice.
Word…….

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
It did though. The moment he signed the new contract NMC went active. I thought the same.
It’s irrelevant, no other team would pick up that contract, people bitch about JT’s deal now he’s regressed, wait till the last two years of Nylander’s contract, it’ll be way worse………

He’s an rfa. What is he going to do?
Wait for an offer sheet?
Why not? Other teams know the Leafs are against the cap and a slight over payment might be too much for the Leafs. I hope he stays, only bright spot on a otherwise pathetic defence……..

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I get the anger, but there is honestly no chance that this team is going to trade players for first round picks.
Picks can be parlayed into players you do know that right?

It wasn't just Foligno. So many of the guys we brought in who were GREAT fits bolted as soon as they could. They knew the inner workings, and if any of them felt the team would turn into a winner I feel they would have stayed to be a part of that. They didn't, and can claim it was money but I really feel they all knew that unless some big changes happened there was no point staying.

Anyway, no proof, it is just hearsay, but I believe it to be more true than not.
Your not alone brother, I think several have had a taste and decided it’s not for them………

Reactions: wingman75

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's not even the worst contract on the team!

Let's see: Willy led the team in shots (tied with JT), and his line had more than half the shots by forwards (most set up by him), he led the team in takeaways with 3 (no giveaways - Mitch led in that with 4), recorded both a blocked shot and a hit, and was very good on the PK (where he took and won his only faceoff of the night).
Also led with a -2 , tied with Domi and Bertuzzi.

Reactions: Buds17

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Really not sure what this team is. We have so many holes

Good news is Sammy looks to be getting on track

But never feels like a cohesive team. Never seems to be on the same page.

Not sure what the solution is anymore.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
So I didn't watch this game at all, watched Hudson & Rex instead, excellent value entertainment and it has a dog in it! How did our ASMVP play, I did see the 3 poster which was kind of neat.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Really not sure what this team is. We have so many holes

Good news is Sammy looks to be getting on track

But never feels like a cohesive team. Never seems to be on the same page.

Not sure what the solution is anymore.
Some of its the coaching, some of it’s the players.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
The biggest mistake was signing a trigger man in Matthews to 13. He cannot pass

Nylander mailed it in and Tavares can’t play 5 on 5

That third goal was awful by Rielly

I wish we could blow this shit up
We can and we will

I thought the Matthews audition with Clayton Keller went well. I thought Gary's renewed vigor when it came to sticking with the "dream in the desert" and the property search the owner is doing sounded hopeful. They are going to need a big old attraction to fill those new seats. Say somebody who is the highest paid American hockey player ever, they do love that big money and what it represents. Someone with let's say some real connection to the desert.

Just saying, the math is pretty clear. If there is no cup again here in the big smoke, think of a Gretz to LA kind of franchise saving deal taking place in the summer.

It sure looks to me like they laid the groundwork.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Picks can be parlayed into players you do know that right?
Agreed, if that is what you mean (that Treliving will trade roster players for picks and immediately flip those picks for better players). If he could do what Vancouver did with Horvat, that would be great (acquire a first round pick from the Islanders and then use it to acquire what has become a first-pairing defenseman).

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Also led with a -2 , tied with Domi and Bertuzzi.
Shots taken and even take aways are way better stats. You can put your skate on the ice for 1 second and still get a minus or plus.

When Nylander and in one way Tavares is this snakebitten they should not play together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad