Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Why? Because you still figure that we're "the best of a bad lot"? First you guaranteed we'd take over 1st in January, then you got excited when Boston had a bit of a slump and said it would happen in December(2023), what do you see happening now, is winning the Atlantic still in our future?
And if you're honest with yourself, you're telling me that you think the Leafs are going to trade Bertuzzi and Domi for first round picks? It's not going to happen. If they want to start a process of reconstructing the roster, they will mostly sit tight at the deadline and ride things out with this group, and then let the UFAs walk in July. Again, for better or worse, I don't think they will even take that approach. I think this management group probably (and rightfully) feels a ton of pressure to win now, so they will try to add where they can without removing anything significant from the current roster.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Breakaway: Samsonov's fault
Giveaway into a one timer into a man alone in front of the net: Samsonov's fault

OPEN YOUR f***ING EYES. This is a coaching issue first and foremost and a lack of investment in the defence secondary.

Samsonov has had bad games, this was not one of them.
I agree he wasn’t totally responsible for the 2nd and 3rd goals but a good goalie stops both those easily. He lost the net on the 2nd and didn’t cover five hole the 3rd. That’s who he is….an inconsistent head case who will play well occasionally but will allow backbreaking goals virtually every game.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Why not Wedgewood against the Sabre's and Oettinger plays in Toronto? Giving Oettinger a few more days off from the ASG
No doubt possible, but I figured they would give Oettinger the first game back because he is the clear number one. Teams always seem to play their number one on the first game of a back to back. Trying to bank points.

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Cant lose to Islanders 3 times and be legit. Only a few more months of this garbage. I so hope they standpat.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
We can be tied with any team in the league late in almost every game. One good or bad bounce is the difference. is that 4 last 5 minute goals against for the loss in the last bunch of games? Seen the same thing in the playoffs.

if Joel Q is allowed to be back in the league he needs to get here fast. Do not even think of trading the first.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Nylander’s contract is by far the worst contract in the league. Honestly, he is not even that good of a hockey player. Bottom 6 Winger.
It's not even the worst contract on the team!

Let's see: Willy led the team in shots (tied with JT), and his line had more than half the shots by forwards (most set up by him), he led the team in takeaways with 3 (no giveaways - Mitch led in that with 4), recorded both a blocked shot and a hit, and was very good on the PK (where he took and won his only faceoff of the night).

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Missed the game. Who was playing where and who covering who on the Kyle MacLean goal? Saw Lily on the left side (why?) and no one on right point on the replay. What happened here? Did Keefe have 2 defencemen out there at the time?

Last edited:

Rubyblue

Apr 13, 2021
No leadership. Very entitled. Really do think it's bad luck having 4 or 5 core players that are very talented but lack intestinal fortitude. You'd think at least 1 of them would have turned out to be a heart & soul kinda player.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
No it didn't.

That said I doubt anyone trades for him with that impending contract so it basically went active. I have no idea why Treliving was scared to wait until the end of the season as if his value was going to go up.
Yes it did, as has been discussed many times here.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Yes it did, as has been discussed many times here.

A NTC does not kick in just because you sign a contract extension. Nylander is playing under his old contract which has a limited NTC.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
A NTC does not kick in just because you sign a contract extension. Nylander is playing under his old contract which has a limited NTC.
CapFriendly (his M-NTC was changed to a NMC as part of the contract extension).

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Read up on it. You are wrong. According to the CBA, when you sign an extension any NMC or NTC becomes effective immediately.

And it's not something Tre did - it's a rule.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Missed the game. Who was playing where and who covering who on the Kyle MacLean goal? Saw Lily on the left side (why?) and no one on right point on the replay. What happened here? Did Keefe have 2 defencemen out there at the time?
The PP1 stayed almost for the full 2 mins. Then, they started to change around 1m50s or so, but AM34(??) carried the puck into the ozone. Players (PP1 / PP2) mixed up their assignments.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Read up on it. You are wrong. According to the CBA, when you sign an extension any NMC or NTC becomes effective immediately.

Where do I read up on it?

PK Subban was traded before his NTC on his extension kicked in. Is this a recent change?

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
And if you're honest with yourself, you're telling me that you think the Leafs are going to trade Bertuzzi and Domi for first round picks? It's not going to happen. If they want to start a process of reconstructing the roster, they will mostly sit tight at the deadline and ride things out with this group, and then let the UFAs walk in July. Again, for better or worse, I don't think they will even take that approach. I think this management group probably (and rightfully) feels a ton of pressure to win now, so they will try to add where they can without removing anything significant from the current roster.

First step is new coach.

As many have said, no way in hell how we always suck at home way more.

No team in sports history have ever said, I prefer to have no HOME games.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Tre didn’t give Nylander an NMC on a max value contract? Damn, unlucky again. That’s like 10+ super unlucky moves in a row for that guy now, sounds to me like his luck is due to turn around any day now.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
Why? Because you still figure that we're "the best of a bad lot"? First you guaranteed we'd take over 1st in January, then you got excited when Boston had a bit of a slump and said it would happen in December(2023), what do you see happening now, is winning the Atlantic still in our future?
he's not the GM mate

• Haha
Reactions: therealkoho

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
I couldn't watch but lol @ that Domi half break where he dangled it around the net toward the far corner and then fired it to no one in the slot, generous of sportsnet to give it a spot in the highlight package.

Reactions: hullsy47
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad