Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
8etvxf.jpg
I don't know if we can say they are embarassing themselves. Outside of the core 4 the rest of the forwards have been absolute trash. They are being let down bad.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I don't know if we can say they are embarassing themselves. Outside of the core 4 the rest of the forwards have been absolute trash. They are being let down bad.

Really poorly constructed team. Bertuzzi has made me miss Bunting in a major way. He'd probably still be here if the refs didn't decide to just f*** him over in the last half of the season.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
A big part is coaching related but IMO the quiet atmosphere at SBA is part of the issue too.
If the performance of the team is based on the atmosphere at SBA, we need new players regardless if one of them is the best scorer in the League or another being the highest IQ. Players should play with pride the moment they put on the jersey and go out there and show the fans by leaving nothing behind.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Your predictions are not exactly panning out. But you still speak with such certainty
Management is not going to tell its players "sorry, we're pulling the plug on this season, loadin' up on first round picks instead". If that is the course they want to take, they will do it by simply not acquiring anyone at the deadline and letting these UFA contracts run out. For better or worse, I don't think they will even do that. I think they will be buyers, and they will probably sacrifice some of their young players and/or draft picks in the process, even if it may not end up being the right decision.

On the flipside, I can very much see them trying to aggressively dump salaries in the off-season so that they can be big players in free agency.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
I'm surprised at all the Willy slander tonight. I admit he has struggled lately, but he was terrific tonight. Stripped a lot pucks, constantly entered the zone with possession had a ton of shots and shot attempts. It seems like he is snakebitten at the moment, to say nothing of Bertuzzi.

I was all for signing Bert, and he does win puck battles, but my goodness. Not sure how much we can do with the lineup the way it is and Domi and Bert both adding no goals at all.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
11-10-2 I believe. So that would be 12 losses in 23 home games. Disgusting.
That tells me it's a coaching issue. The boys play better when the coach isn't trying to line match. Or, he's just matching the wrong lines. Both are very plausible

I'm surprised at all the Willy slander tonight. I admit he has struggled lately, but he was terrific tonight. Stripped a lot pucks, constantly entered the zone with possession had a ton of shots and shot attempts. It seems like he is snakebitten at the moment, to say nothing of Bertuzzi.

I was all for signing Bert, and he does win puck battles, but my goodness. Not sure how much we can do with the lineup the way it is and Domi and Bert both adding no goals at all.
Terrific is a word saved for a player that pots some goals or prevents a couple or something. Not just doing the standard. He was fine tonight. Need more tho.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
You nailed it.

Mike was an ass, but exactly the one they needed. He tried to make them accountable, while Lou tried to install a minimal amount of discipline with his old-school come in shaved and in suit attitude.

I get why people did not like them, but we needed both more than anything else and we had them.

You give kids free a pass and then expect Foligno to lead by an example. Foolish

Respect and Leadership should be earned not just given. Thats precisely what happened under dubas.

I get the anger, but there is honestly no chance that this team is going to trade players for first round picks.

Treliving is new, he has a chance to right the ship and sail it towards destination. If he chooses not to then he will have no one but himself to blame.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Bummer.

I have tickets to the Dallas game but not looking forward to it.

It’s going to be a bumpy ride the rest of the way…

Reactions: fahad203

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Any time Matty and Marner do some fancy dipsy doodle shinny skating and passing between each other, with no chance of creating something, concluding with Matty getting thrown on his ass to lose possession, they should be separated for the rest of the game.

Overall decent game, just couldn't convert on as many chances as they should have.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Really poorly constructed team. Bertuzzi has made me miss Bunting in a major way. He'd probably still be here if the refs didn't decide to just f*** him over in the last half of the season.
Bertuzzi has been a huge let down. His hands have been worse then when Hyman first came into the league. Looking back, I would have definitely kept Bunting over Bertuzzi and saved the extra million dollars.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Treliving is new, he has a chance to right the ship and sail it towards destination. If he chooses not to then he will have no one but himself to blame.
There are different ways to do that. I think he will add to this group at (or before) the deadline, trade no one meaningful off the roster, and then just see how things play out.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
@Gary Nylund Hey @Evilhomer How's that Leafs rise to 1st place in the Atlantic hunt coming along???? ;);)

There's still about half a season left...maybe Boston, Panthers and TB will play as poorly as the Leafs, and Leafs will play as good as the Bruins...even Oilers are on a 16 game winning streak, surely Leafs could match that...:sarcasm:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I get the anger, but there is honestly no chance that this team is going to trade players for first round picks.
Why? Because you still figure that we're "the best of a bad lot"? First you guaranteed we'd take over 1st in January, then you got excited when Boston had a bit of a slump and said it would happen in December(2023), what do you see happening now, is winning the Atlantic still in our future?

There's still about half a season left...maybe Boston, Panthers and TB will play as poorly as the Leafs, and Leafs will play as good as the Bruins...even Oilers are on a 16 game winning streak, surely Leafs could match that...:sarcasm:
I read here that the Oilers were a tire fire and the Leafs are contenders so if they can win 16, surely we can win at least 20.

Reactions: rumman

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
How goals had JT scored in the last 20 games and how many of them were even strength?

On average, everyone but Reilly been either okay to bad. The difference is that the top guys got PP stats and when they were on, they showed why they are top of the league in terms of talents.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Whoever scripts these games needs some new material. This same Leaf playbook is getting stale.

I wonder if playing together all these years is as stale for the core players as it is watching them play together? I see the Islanders on the schedule and I don’t feel excited to watch and I can almost predict the players have no interest to play the game.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Same old OVERPAID core 4. Another game of NOTHING from Nylander after inking that huge deal.

Sure, Marner scored, however he also had a few give aways as per usual.

Rielly had his share of turn overs as well.

This team looks closer to missing the playoffs than having another 1st round exit.

Last edited:
Reactions: rumman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad