Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose (again) 4-0 vs. Pittsburgh.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Just trying to take some of the pressure off the players. The players I'm sure take notice and respect that. Good move by him.

I get that but when he says he'll get it looked after, the TO media is going to expect something to happen when in reality, Babcock isn't going to or can't do anything It just opens the door to the media BS we saw last year.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
I get that but when he says he'll get it looked after, the TO media is going to expect something to happen when in reality, Babcock isn't going to or can't do anything It just opens the door to the media BS we saw last year.

That's a fair point on that part.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I'm starting to see performances that are eerily reminiscent to the end of last season under Horachek. It was noticeable in the 3rd period. I saw a forward who was probably the Leafs' best forward tonight do that stick wave thing on the cycle when all he had to do was put his body against the boards to maintain the forecheck pressure. These guys are starting give up on their coach already. The admirable work ethic we saw to start the season is dissolving away.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal

hahahahha

It's funny but Kessel really should have had a short tribute, he was the best player on the team for 6 years... it's not his fault the team around him was ****. I loved Kessel when he was here and wish him the best in Pitts.

Kessel was fine for the years he was here , the tepid reaction was very appropriate, a cool understated return was perfect.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Kessel was fine for the years he was here , the tepid reaction was very appropriate, a cool understated return was perfect.

it's not even that.
like. things are still "raw-ish". I don't know why Lamoriello/Shanahan didn't do one, but wouldn't it make more sense to let "absence let the heart grow fonder?" do a tribute when it's 'Oh, yeah! PHILL!" not. "Oh. grrr . Phil." the Leafs have 6 years to do one.should they want to of course.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012

Last time he Bacock said something similar Arco was on waivers and Clune signed/recalled. Expect another player or two to be moved.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I'm okay with that game.

Sure the Leafs looked like garbage, basically because they are.

Look into the pain.

I can hear the screaming now as youngsters are forced to watch this team.

It is good, this is what all Leafs fans have bought into and what all Leafs fans deserve.

This is a battle to the pain.

Embrace the pain:

You deserve this, don't complain.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
it's not even that.
like. things are still "raw-ish". I don't know why Lamoriello/Shanahan didn't do one, but wouldn't it make more sense to let "absence let the heart grow fonder?" do a tribute when it's 'Oh, yeah! PHILL!" not. "Oh. grrr . Phil." the Leafs have 6 years to do one.should they want to of course.

I've been consistently a Phil supporter and didn't want him traded. But every thing I've seen about him is that he's ultra competitive as a individual but just doesn't have the fire to achieve team wise, great for golf, or tennis, but Leads to the type of thinking of, I score my 35, not my responsibility to do more.
Could be wrong.

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
I guess some players are just reverting back to their true colours. They can change for a new coach but the change only last a couple weeks.

It would be nice if we had some shoot first type players. Pass pass pass is all they do. Shoot the damn thing.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Win/win game.

Helps with the Tank
Helps Peguins secure us another 1st round pick.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
hey, just remember Auston Matthews even though we have a very little chance of getting him

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's mind boggling that people don't understand that the Leafs aren't doing tributes for any returning players, not just Kessel.

It's not a slight at Kessel, it's a change in organizational operations.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
hey, just remember Auston Matthews even though we have a very little chance of getting him

I mean getting a Puljujarvi or Laine isn't the worst thing in the world. They should look good as Nylander or Marner's wing, but with our luck, they'll bust, while Chychrun and Matthews will be superstars. :cry:

Honestly, I don't think I could take falling from 1st overall to the 4th overall pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad