Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose (again) 4-0 vs. Pittsburgh.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Lol :laugh:
I love your posts tonight I must say.
I think the Kadri thread will be quiet tonight
Wonder why:sarcasm:

I figure that it's really not worth arguing about much this year so why not be a sarcastic *****. I'm quite enjoying it, TBH.

mikebel111*

Marner
Nylander
Kadri
Matthews

That is some sick C depth in future, and others can move to wing

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
That's why I didn't even bother to watch tonight's game. Watched a movie with the wife instead. Unreal for me to skip watching a game. :help:

No worries!! You can't classify what just happened as a game.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
1. If only the Leafs had Kessel, they would have had 1 more shot on goal.
2. Didn't Rich Clune get the memo from about 10 years ago? When a player faces the boards he is exempt from contact. The officials even gave him a mulligan.
3. Pittsburgh are actually a good defensive team. If this is translatable to the playoffs, a team with a stingy defense and a bunch of former game breakers can be one scary opponent.
4. It didn't look like a hugely strange bounce off the boards on the Pens' last goal. It was shot in from near the center ice dot.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
That was the worst game we've played so far this season. No bright spots, just some slightly less dark spots.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
oh true. Clune was just looking for a penalty, BAM . breaking necks and backs

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Leafs are going to keep playing like this until they can get a couple lucky wins together, basically they need to play a team with a bad goaltender to get some confidence together.

I knew that when the leafs were playing well to start the season. You stop trying when you keep losing

When a team has been put together to tank you are 100% correct that this is what happens but when a team is put together to grow with young talent in key roles this doesn't happen you know why?

It's the same reason why armies across the globe send 18 year olds on the front lines and not married family men with kids.

It's amazing around here how so many are scared to go young thinking that losing will hurt young talented players. We're tanking not rebuilding so people can just stop this hysteria about goaltending or the players. This is what management wants so we have a choice right now as fans. Watch the games to enjoy the other teams playing against us to fill the void of "LOVE OF THE GAME" or don't watch at all because until the Leafs start to develop young talent IN THE NHL nothing is going to change.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Holland is rapidly playing his way out of the NHL.

Something has to be done about the Leafs' 3rd defense pairing.

Stu

Nov 20, 2008
Raleigh, NC
1. If only the Leafs had Kessel, they would have had 1 more shot on goal.
2. Didn't Rich Clune get the memo from about 10 years ago? When a player faces the boards he is exempt from contact. The officials even gave him a mulligan.
3. Pittsburgh are actually a good defensive team. If this is translatable to the playoffs, a team with a stingy defense and a bunch of former game breakers can be one scary opponent.
4. It didn't look like a hugely strange bounce off the boards on the Pens' last goal. It was shot in from near the center ice dot.

Pens fans will massively disagree with you. Their board is all about fixing the D.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008

Yes!!! Clearly Holland is the main factor for this mess the team is in.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
346klxd.jpg

AustonMcDavid

Jul 4, 2011
Newfoundland
What did he say?

Post game panel was talking about how the Leafs are possibly looking at the goalie market and Elliotte said in 2009 we picked up Gerber on waivers and it really hurt our draft position because he played so well and we could have been in on Duchene or Hedman. And then Kyper said "so you're saying tank" and Friedman said "I hate saying it but you have to" and that was the plan for this season to improve the prospect base and he thinks it's wrong but if he was running the team that is how he would feel.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@mirtle: The Leafs have 12 wins in their last 61 games going back to last season!

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

They are really giving Marincin every chance to find his game. He's getting better, but sloooowly. Polak is flawed enough, when he is paired with a highly struggling young partner as well then... well, he barely looks like an NHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad