Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
We traded Lehtonen for a goalie, Let's use him and sit Freddy until his healthy. Cause now it just seems we let Lehtonen go when we could've tried him out.

I really don't believe Freddy's issue is his groin tbh. It's most likely more between his ears not his legs.
Even if I am wrong, at this point, I really couldn't give a flying F anymore.
He's been killing this team for a while now. He needs to be shipped out yesterday.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
On a positive note - I think Galchenyuk looked really solid out there. Competed hard, made quick decisions, flashed his skill. Could be a player for us if he can find some consistency.
I though lots was good but Andersen spots 3 goals and they battled to get a couple. 18 low danger scoring chances and he chokes out the good effort. I want Andersen gone or minimum on injured reseve. Just not playing

Reactions: LeafsRus

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
To many overrated players on this team

Our starting goalie isn't good enough to play on the Sabres
Our franchise 1C can't transition to being a playmaker to save his life and is irrelevant right now
Our captain is 2 years away from LTIR level bad

Keefe has also been subpar the past 7 games with his coaching decisions and game strategies.
We are in serious trouble. Kept trying to force the puck into the slot and get chances around the net with it not working. We got 26 shots I think, but the focus was to get a in tight goal despite the flames playing the slot/front net well.
Exactly this. They are back to trying to walk the puck into the net from behind or beside it. Too afraid to go to the middle a little farther out..

DarenX

Sep 21, 2019
Poor Freddy, I'm not gonna burn him at the stake like most on here but Keefe needs to make the tandem official. A little competitiveness between the two could help Freddy, I don't think it will make any difference for JC.

Freddy could still have a lot to offer with less starts and more fire under his ass.

Unless Dubas can pull a rabbit out of his ass and find a legit replacement, I would keep him and use him as backup if he still can't produce as a duo. I wanna see Freddy relatively rested for a playoff series before I completely turn on him.

Reactions: Fill Kessel

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Freddy still trying to figure this out
3DAE9D61-F3B5-42E0-939B-385157FE42E0.gif

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I predict Lucic gives Holl a beat down tomorrow, he had better keep his head up.........Oh, and someone take Anderson to the optometrist...........

Last edited:
Reactions: DarksideGhost

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
With Matthews’s wrist not improving this team can’t win this year.
So I hope they don’t make any trades and just play it out.
Then the big question after goaltending is what to do about Tavares’ contract.
If they are stuck with it there is no way they can get enough depth with a flat cap.
They may end up wasting Matthews/ Marner’s years here.
What a shame.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
I really don't believe Freddy's issue is his groin tbh. It's most likely more between his ears not his legs.
Even if I am wrong, at this point, I really couldn't give a flying F anymore.
He's been killing this team for a while now. He needs to be shipped out yesterday.

I don't think he'll be back next season unless he takes a significant pay cut. So for the rest of this season, if we can't trade for a better goalie, might as well hang on to Freddy and hope he finds some form after a long break

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Campbell would definitely be the starter if he wasn’t injured. I think Keefe was stuck between a rock and hard place tonight as well.

Andersen gave up shit goals, could have easily been pulled for Campbell but if the Leafs failed to come back and lost, he has to go back to Andersen tomorrow who will lose another.

If the coach dressed a backup he can't use in the game that's dumb.

Andersen should have been pulled after the 2nd goal, if Jack absolutely had to start tomorrow Hutch should have been backup tonight. Because if Andersen got hurt tonight and Campbell played Hutch would just end up starting tomorrow.

Eric bungay

Jun 30, 2018
Could you imagine if we had fans??Fred would of demanded a trade already
Holy poop if we had fans in the buildings he would be done ...but in saying that it would make the situation that much harder on Andy too.. wow I don't envy his situation at all !!!

Reactions: AvroArrow

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I would agree that this is the correct move but I think Dubas will feel tremendous pressure to do something. I’m not sure if Dubas will survive the purge if the Leafs go nowhere in the playoffs

I think Dubas gets couple more years IMO; until Matthews is a pending UFA. If Leafs don't accomplish much by then he is toast. He should not be renegotiating any contracts with Matthews, Marner or Nylander moving forward. He has till the 4th year of Matthews' contract IMO; if Leafs do not see any improvements he is fired along with Shanahan.

The cap allocation is a f***ing JOKE; and here we are...... not sure how much the new US deal will help with the cap either with owners probably wanting big chunk of HRR to offset covid losses.

Dubas is safe for at least couple years no need to make any panic moves.

Jumbo, Simmonds and Spezza although good additions are not the ones who gonna take us deep in playoffs.

- Jumbo is a known playoff choker
- Spezza probably feeling heat as he left dallas and they went to cup finals last year
- Simmonds is a crystal ball

if the 4 guys making 50% of the cap cannot take us to promisedland no one else will.....

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
The Good: They can be a really good team when they want to be, hopefully this 3 game skid(I thought it was virtually impossible for this to happen twice this year) will motivate management to address the problem. They could use a forward with some offensive gifts, and a Dman what else is new?

The Bad: They still lose composure occasionally and get sloppy, even with NHL top 10 goaltending the sloppy play makes winning a lot more difficult.

The Ugly: .778 no matter whose fault it is, this is not a number an NHL goalie should be near, the GAA is creeping up to the 3:00 mark, his positioning, his mobility is getting worse and not better. They cannot continue to let this ride, the record they've built up should be good enough to get them to the dance even if they played a little under .500 like going 12 - 14 to finish up the season, so they cannot afford any more 3 game skids and in reality really need to avoid even losing two in a row

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
There was literally no reason for the skaters to even try tonight, everyone watching knew Andersen was going to let in the first shot the second the game was tied. I cannot believe people like Dubas and Keef are paid big money to make these terrible decisions. Andersen is done, he is complete trash and they wouldn't even get a 7th rounder for him. But sure, lets keep trotting him out there and pumping his flat tires.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Wouldn't have said this before Matthews injury, he'll get back how he was playing.
He has never played at that level for a sustainable period of time. Its a mirage, every year he starts like a top 3 player in the league then falls down to a top 10ish player. He doesn't have the ability to drop 60+ assists like Draisaitl and Mcdavid. When his shot and by extension goal scoring is not going for him he can't keep up with those two.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Is it really this over the last 7? Or did we at least lose in OT or a SO?

Leafs - 1-6-0 for 2 pts.
Opposition - 6-0-1 for 13 pts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad