Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Given how this team plays while under pressure I wouldn't waste any assets to add to this team.

I don't have much faith in any of our goalies; our D is suspect; our special teams are a JOKE; we can play any offensive hockey when neutral zone is clogged

Let this team sink or swim; DO NOT ADD anything to this team if it costs any premier assets (1st rounders, Lily, 2nd rounders, etc...)

If I am a GM I stay pat don't do F ALL.

- Matthews is injured no guaranteee when his wrist will be healed
- Don't have faith in Tavares or Nylander to show up when it matters
- Don't have much faith in Keefe either; he refuses to seprate matthews and marner to spread out offense; doesn't think the game right; or preps the team right; special teams are a freakin JOKE

- Adding to this team is NOT a good idea
I would agree that this is the correct move but I think Dubas will feel tremendous pressure to do something. I’m not sure if Dubas will survive the purge if the Leafs go nowhere in the playoffs

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I meant criticism for sticking with Fred. If he is indeed as bad as you guys are sayin. I get it, though, Campbell injury threw a wrench into things.

Campbell would definitely be the starter if he wasn’t injured. I think Keefe was stuck between a rock and hard place tonight as well.

Andersen gave up shit goals, could have easily been pulled for Campbell but if the Leafs failed to come back and lost, he has to go back to Andersen tomorrow who will lose another.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If Campbell plays well tomorrow, he has to start next Thursday as well. Next couple of games will tell us a lot about Keefe.

Freddy shouldn’t play until April 4th.

That’s the start of our next back to back.

If he truly is hurt, then he needs to heal

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
The Leafs have a 63% share of scoring chances in the last seven games, second in the NHL. Their save percentage is .858, which is 29th.

I wonder what goalie started the most of those games...​

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Not panicking when I say this, but maybe they're just closer to this than the team at the start of the season. Very flawed team hoping to outscore all of its problems and when the easy early season scoring dries up like it always does, doesn't have the versatility to get things going. Mix in Fred Andersen turning into a minor leaguer before our eyes.
Here's what I can't get a read on.

What is "very flawed" about them right now? They're not perfect and I want them to be, I'll harp on Tavares, Marner and Rielly, but at the end of the day were carrying the play on most nights. We're scoring goals for the most part.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Nothing Personal against Andersen. He has to go on injured reserve. He looks like purest reeking lump of ...... well ya know what i mean. 18 shots and them shots weren’t very good scoring chances. The guy is hiding behind a player back in the net,little deflection and in. Completely deep. Not angle cut downs, standing there ,slow as molasses in there my god. He’s the biggest choke show in the game right now. Next to Rielly when he gets the least bit of pressure. Rielly can’t skate anymore Leafers. It’s time to get a real defensive defenseman to play the big minutes.
Matthews work rate has slipped etc.
Freddy has put the entire team in to a panic.
They really didn’t force plays tonight and dropped it back nicely to regroup when they had to. That was a excellent part of their game tonight. Get Jack in tomorrow and play the same way and we win. Marner had jump.Chuky cycled well with Willy and Tavares as I suspect they would.
Not liking our goalie. Trade him out if there is a asset available for him

Reactions: LeafsRus

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Dubas has built the best team we’ve had since forever, and Keefe is coaching it to near perfection minus goaltending (penalty kill is a problem but they actually don’t allow too many good chances but Andersen’s shit on PK too).

what do you want to blame them for?

Are we blaming them for making the D too good that they only allow 20-25 shots a game making it hard for Andersen to concentrate?

GMs and Coaches look like geniuses when Sh% and SV% are high. They look like morons when its the opposite.

This team is consistently dominating games even during this bad stretch of play. Even when the puck is going in like tonight we can't win because the goaltending has been atrocious.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Yeah now he has to come in in the middle of a losing streak with all of leafs Nation screaming for blood and his whole team looking to him for answers.

No pressure.

If he wants to be a starting goalie in Toronto he was always going to have massive pressure on him. And why would coming in amidst a losing streak be a bad thing for him - it seems like a positive opportunity.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
The truth is, when the goalie can’t stop a beachball the rest of the team sags and let’s down because they lose confidence that their going to get a stop when they need it. Kinda like the way the Oilers played against the Leafs recently. Letting in bad goals is the worst thing that can happen to a team.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Given how this team plays while under pressure I wouldn't waste any assets to add to this team.

I don't have much faith in any of our goalies; our D is suspect; our special teams are a JOKE; we can play any offensive hockey when neutral zone is clogged

Let this team sink or swim; DO NOT ADD anything to this team if it costs any premier assets (1st rounders, Lily, 2nd rounders, etc...)

If I am a GM I stay pat don't do F ALL.

- Matthews is injured no guaranteee when his wrist will be healed
- Don't have faith in Tavares or Nylander to show up when it matters
- Don't have much faith in Keefe either; he refuses to seprate matthews and marner to spread out offense; doesn't think the game right; or preps the team right; special teams are a freakin JOKE

- Adding to this team is NOT a good idea
Agreed if they can get out of this, and play impressive as a team, then maybe pull the trigger on something.

But I wouldn't make a trade to spark them here. Nope.

Stanley Sumdae

Feb 1, 2010
I'm at the point where I don't think I can watch any more Freddy starts.

I've watched 95% of games since the early 80's and 99% since the early 90s. I haven't contemplated purposely tuning out a game since Horachek was behind the bench.

Not since Raycroft have I felt this way about a goaltender .. It is hard to watch when your nervous about every shot on net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad