Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-3 in OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He’s a rookie, he has flashes of brilliance and some boneheaded misses.

He’s much better than Samsonov and looks like he has a great future.

I hope they keep playing him and let him work some stuff out on the ice and he’s ready for the playoffs

He's better than Samsonov but I don't think you realize how low that bar is in terms of NHL goalies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I didn't question how he played the breakaway. I'm talking about the lack of poise after that lead to Marchand having a wide open net.

He followed the play taking him out of his net because of the rebound he gave up. Didn’t want to give Pasta the chance of tucking in his own rebound

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Calm down big fella it’s just a game and for the record I don’t hate the leafs, I just don’t like some of this rebuild.
If you aren't OTT in excuses and criticize the players, management or organization, you simply hate the team. It's a simple rebuttal, but that's the level some work on.

I mean, who says I know you hate the Leafs? Lolz.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Calm down big fella it’s just a game and for the record I don’t hate the leafs, I just don’t like some of this rebuild.
No, you hate the Leafs. Along with a few other posters around here who never have anything positive to say about anything. And I'm getting tired of people being so angry about how the team is playing that they're ignoring blatant shit like this so they can continue to insist the team is playing badly...
So based on this, I suppose Coyle throwing his stick into the corner and two-hand-grabbing the nearest Leaf player in OT is also okay, right?

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
This team is the same as last year. Nothing has changed.
I would argue they’re worse, I’m not even sure that they’ll make the playoffs the way that they’re currently playing - they literally can’t dominate ANY opponent regardless of who they’re playing. But what hasn’t changed is the Skilled, soft and passive nature of this team. They need Will, Toughness and Intensity to win in the playoffs and that ain’t happening unless they rebuild the core with some different personalities

Reactions: Gilmour1996

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Leafs need to slow things down in OT. Always trying to make the big break out pass and then turning it over. You can't win in OT if you don't have the puck.

Reactions: egd27

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
If you aren't OTT in excuses and criticize the players, management or organization, you simply hate the team. It's a simple rebuttal, but that's the level some work on.

Someone who is really really frustrated

Reactions: All Mod Cons

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005

I do, because you do, All Mod Cons. When's the last time YOU posted something positive? Oh, yeah, never. Along with Racer.

• Haha
Reactions: Bomber0104

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
No, you hate the Leafs. Along with a few other posters around here who never have anything positive to say about anything. And I'm getting tired of people being so angry about how the team is playing that they're ignoring blatant shit like this so they can continue to insist the team is playing badly...
So based on this, I suppose Coyle throwing his stick into the corner and two-hand-grabbing the nearest Leaf player in OT is also okay, right?
It’s just hockey. Take a deep breath and relax. What happens with the leafs doesn’t affect your life so don’t let them affect your mood and life.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Says the angry guy……lol

• Haha
Reactions: Bomber0104

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Someone who is really really frustrated
Yeah. Earlier I had the usual group telling me i wanted Matthews' tying goal to be disallowed. I generally try not to interact with that group. It's just where they are in life currently.

Reactions: Racer88

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
A lot of O.T. games this season.

Thankfully we've had more too many men on the ice penalties.

Sarcasm.

Enjoy.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
He followed the play taking him out of his net because of the rebound he gave up. Didn’t want to give Pasta the chance of tucking in his own rebound
I get the logic, but it's 0/10 execution by Woll no matter how you slice it. If a players only play with 5 seconds left on the clock is a bank shot, the odds are in your favor. And he threw all the odds out the window by mimicking Mrazek instead

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The point is good, but I think this one is a missed opportunity. Boston has been playing poorly, and they started the guy that is effectively their back up (despite being the reigning Vezina winner, which sounds crazy). Now because of the ridiculous schedule they sit for 5 days, but they need to undress Ottawa next game. Don't give them a chance to get off the mat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad