Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-3 in OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Strangle

May 4, 2009
No, we lost. Hence why it’s labelled an OTL. Yes I know it’s gimmicks, and we tied “real hockey” but the result is the result much as we may dislike the ways they use to end games

I read that as “one tie, losers”

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
We deserved the point but bad goal on Woll and the absolute stupidity of Nylander showed we didn’t deserve two points. I still don’t think we’ve played a complete 60 min game. Who is coaching this team defence ? Their gap control is horrendous. Then again look who we have on defence.

Special comment about Nylander. Was Sweden that important to him that he can’t get up for these games. He was absolute shit all game. Second goal against he was coasting. Fourth he was directing traffic instead of keeping control. He has to get his head out of his ass cause he’s been ass since Sweden

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Honestly, they felt like a generic NHL team with a few familiar faces pasted on in Pasta, the Rat and McAvoy. Everything else is as generic and unremarkable as Seattle, with some great goaltending from Ullmark tonight (and Swayman generally).
If anything in this game needs to be explained, it's this: Why is Boston allowed to CONSTANTLY one-hand-grab the other team any time a Bruin is in close proximity? And they upped the ante in OT; Coyle threw his stick away and used BOTH HANDS...

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Dude, once again, if you watch the slow mo replay, Marchand caught Nylander with his knee as Nylander was trying to avoid him. Then he dropped on him with a punch, got up and took off into the offensive zone.
Sure you weren’t watching UFC

Reactions: Habz4Evr

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The Woll hate is weird... he has a .915 or something close to it and has stolen us multiple games.

He's had a few stinkers, but here are his career stats so far... not giving up hope after 5 bad games this season.

View attachment 776992

Like top 12 in save percentage and the leafs give up lots of high danger chances

Also has less than 30 career NHL starts

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
How we play matters... we've been terrible most of the season. We will win more games than lose if we play like tonight.

The puck doesn't always bounce your way, but if they play like this it will more likely than not go their way.

Building on good games is important.

For some reason some people think because we might comment on them playing well we somehow care less than they did that we lost. That we are satisfied. It’s a dumb take.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
He's the reason they only got 1 and not in a good way.

Everybody gets excited about whenever he has a scattered good game, and even in those games you are getting 3 past him most nights.

The reality is there are A LOT more bad nights than good but because he either wins despite his shit play, or at least gets to OT like tonight It's not showing up on his record.

Not yet anyway hence nobody notices.

He’s a rookie, he has flashes of brilliance and some boneheaded misses.

He’s much better than Samsonov and looks like he has a great future.

I hope they keep playing him and let him work some stuff out on the ice and he’s ready for the playoffs

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Anyone catch Marchand snowing Woll in OT? Old school move at a safe opportune time. Then Marchand comes back to pot a goal on a frazzled Woll. Just brutal.

What an awesome game to end so poorly. Anyways they brought good hockey tonight.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Nylander making sure to lower his AAV before he signs

Let's just soft land that number to $9.9 million and everyone will be happy. Looks like a win for Toronto keeping it under $10 million, but it's functionally $10 million.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone catch Marchand snowing Woll in OT? Old school move at a safe opportune time. Then Marchand comes back to pot a goal on a frazzled Woll. Just brutal.
After a knee shot on Nylander, no less.

MRchand wasn’t trying to hurt nylander. I know we hate Marchand but let’s not get crazy here.
YES HE f***ING WAS. I'm starting to wonder if everyone turned their TV's off after the goal went in...

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
No, I was watching this f***ing game. I know you hate the Leafs, but that doesn't mean it's okay for Boston to win via intentional injury attempt.
Calm down big fella it’s just a game and for the record I don’t hate the leafs, I just don’t like some of this rebuild.

• Love
Reactions: rumman and Habz4Evr

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Absolutely awful on those two goals, and had that 3rd goal stood up as the game winner he would have been absolutely roasted for it leading to the loss.

But he fought for them in OT and made some huge saves yet again. The team defence, and in particular Nylander, let him down in the end.

Stop making excues don't blame the defense when if ONE of those 2 are stopped they win and they BOTH should been stopped they win.

Put the blame where it belongs Joseph Woll and Joseph Woll ALONE

• Love
Reactions: Habz4Evr

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
So is the media now gonna post on how Nylander should make less now? During his hot streak every point had a bitch media guy say price goes up....
Where are the same beaches say the opposite now?!

Mind you I want to re-sign Willie
Just bitching at how the media always works against us...

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Stop making excues don't blame the defense when if ONE of those 2 are stopped they win and they BOTH should been stopped they win.

Put the blame where it belongs Joseph Woll and Joseph Woll ALONE
And if the players scored on one more of their 30+ shots they win as well. :rolleyes:

Weird argument, and even weirder to put the blame on Woll ALONE.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad