Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-3 in OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Well, it was a good effort.

Can't help but wonder how Marchand could find a way to get to the net after the collision with Nylander, but Nylander couldn't make it back to cover him.

This is exactly what I’m not trying to think about. But that’s why some people don’t think this team is serious about winning.

If you want to be a Stanley cup winner, you bust your ass to get back to the zone and defend your man.

Woll got stuck with a 2-0, made the first two saves and had no chance on the 3rd shot.

Nylander should have been there to take marchands stick away

Reactions: BraveCanadian

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
It sure looked to me that Nylander had money on a Bruins win !!!

So lackadaisical with the puck as the last man back !!!

Nylander with a single point since Sweden trip. Hero to zero since returning from Sweden.

I'll take the single point as our Leafs surely didn't deserve any points.

I just don't see what's so great about the Bruins. They are structurally sound, so coaching is doing a good job.

Not a happy Leafs fan tonight !!!
The Leafs were the better team almost all night. They 100% deserved a point.

Nylander was waiting for the line change but he should have checked where Marchand was

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
What is Woll doing on that OT goal. Literally no reason to flop around , the first shot was a muffin.
It was quite evident Pastrnak tried banking it off him and into the net. Unfortunately it somehow ended up onto Marchand's stick with a completely open net, even after Pastrnak rifled it at Woll.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I thought we were the better team overall, but our OT/SO luck was bound to change at some point.

Nylander screwed up in OT and deserves to be cut some slack considering he carried the team for several weeks, but he has been off since the trip to Sweden.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Welp we got a point against a top team. We played well but we’re still a good tier below the Bruins and Other top teams as it stands.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Who feels good? We lost. No one is satisfied with that. Doesn’t change that the Leafs played well tonight with half an NHL defense against one of the best teams in the league so far this season

We didn’t lose, we tied.

The NHL gives a tie to one team and a win to the other.

Yes, I know it’s stupid. But …. NHL, man. What else can ya say?

Reactions: rumman

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
All that matters is who won the game and who is leading the standings. Not who was the better team that lost or getting respect in the handshake line. Nylander crap defensively on 2 goals against. He's always been lazy defensively and always will be. Nice body check on your own player, Bert!

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
We got the league where we want them. Over confident and not aware the Leafs are playing chess against checkers

Kyle089

May 21, 2018
Pathetic lack of hustle from Tavares and Nylander on the winner. I guess the backchecking chapter hasn't come up yet, in their "learning on what it takes to win".

Reactions: BraveCanadian

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I thought we were the better team overall, but our OT/SO luck was bound to change at some point.

Nylander screwed up in OT and deserves to be cut some slack considering he carried the team for several weeks, but he has been off since the trip to Sweden.

Best take I’ve seen!

Reactions: Clark4Ever

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
We didn’t lose, we tied.

The NHL gives a tie to one team and a win to the other.

Yes, I know it’s stupid. But …. NHL, man. What else can ya say?

No, we lost. Hence why it’s labelled an OTL. Yes I know it’s gimmicks, and we tied “real hockey” but the result is the result much as we may dislike the ways they use to end games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad