Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-3 in OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Good game, but not a good result. You’d like to be on the winning side here, but I think that was a pretty complete effort.

Sucks that the winning goal was such a clusterf***.

7 years of posts (not you specifically) like these and going strong.

When can we expect any of these efforts to turn into more than feel good, pat on the back efforts I wonder

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I was just thinking they lost this because of Reaves. :help:

That’s stupid, it was only close because of Reaves. He made a big deal about how Marchand was lucky he wasn’t on the ice with him after Liljegren last game and this game it showed, Marchand was playing scared all game.

Imagine if we had some euro nobody dipsy doodling on the 4th line and taking shots on net instead of keeping Marchand in check via his intimidating physical presence? Easily a 5-0 loss.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
We were the better team tonight and we lost.
It is somewhat ironic the best game the team has played in weeks is the one they lose. I mean, no mystery why.

But hopefully that is a turn to better play. Add that with some clean goaltending and I think we could have a nice little run.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
It sure looked to me that Nylander had money on a Bruins win !!!

So lackadaisical with the puck as the last man back !!!

Nylander with a single point since Sweden trip. Hero to zero since returning from Sweden.

I'll take the single point as our Leafs surely didn't deserve any points.

I just don't see what's so great about the Bruins. They are structurally sound, so coaching is doing a good job.

Not a happy Leafs fan tonight !!!

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Well I guess Nylander has won enough good will to not make me too upset that Marchand beat him back to the zone and scored with Nylander nowhere to be seen.

Was he still laying down in the neutral zone? You know what, he’s been good, I’m not gonna bitch about it too much.

Woll looked great, Matthews popped two. Got the tie
I thought Nylander blew a tire on that play too. Then I watched the replay. He didn't blow a tire; Marchand gave him an Ulf Samuelsson special.

• Haha
Reactions: Grimey

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Joseph Woll is 100% to blame for this, the 1st and 3rd goals were garbage.

Can't wait to hear the excues for this one.
Absolutely awful on those two goals, and had that 3rd goal stood up as the game winner he would have been absolutely roasted for it leading to the loss.

But he fought for them in OT and made some huge saves yet again. The team defence, and in particular Nylander, let him down in the end.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
C'mon mods - there's clearly Leaf haters posting as fans. Shouldn't Leaf fans have some sort of refuge from everywhere else on the net? Clean up this trash.

• Love
Reactions: Tarmore

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
7 years of posts (not you specifically) like these and going strong.

When can we expect any of these efforts to turn into more than feel good, pat on the back efforts I wonder

Who feels good? We lost. No one is satisfied with that. Doesn’t change that the Leafs played well tonight with half an NHL defense against one of the best teams in the league so far this season.

They found ways to win games they didn’t deserve and they let this one get away from there. This stuff will happen every single season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad