Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-1. Feel Shame.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mar 26, 2010
Tavares has f***ed up this teams Cap big time! He is a giant waste of $11M against our Cap.

Babcock needs to adapt to the new NHL. hard headed asshole.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
This team is so soft and terrible defensively - Team isnt as good as last year on the ice or on paper

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Lol how does playing a system not allow them to throw a body check? I'd say if a player felt like throwing a body check he could regardless of the system

Sometimes your coach doesn’t want you to play hard to avoid the injury. This is especially the case for new age NHL. You don’t want your top players throwing around their bodies carelessly and getting injured for 5-10-20 however many games. So Babcock might be the one pulling the strings here.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Leafs before the Pens game were pretty much allowed to run and gun with not much resistance. Many teams played into their game. Now in the last two games the Leafs have been forced to play into the other teams' game.

Time for the team to find a way around it. I'm honestly not worried.

Since when is that a "Blues style game"? They're atrocious defensively, and have mediocre goaltending to boot.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
When Babcock signed here I was excited.
This was a great coach who would develop players and systems and have a solid defensive and offensive team regardless of talent.
By the start of the second season I was a bit surprised by what he was doing.
By last year I was frustrated with his line decisions and the product he was producing..
This year......I give up..
Now, can anyone tell me exactly what he is doing that would lead anyone to believe that he is a great coach?
Anyone?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Tavares played 16 minutes
Mathews played 17 minutes
Brown and Kadri 17 minutes

It would be like Edmonton playing Lucic playing more than McDavid .

Babdick is turning this team into the most boring team.

If I was !Mathews and marner I would not sign here till he is gone.

I don't think quennville coaches this way in Chicago

clearly people spend money to go to games or tune in on tv to watch brown/kadri get more minutes than matthews/tavares

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I wouldn't mind Ennis getting back in the lineup on the third or fourth line and Marleau getting scratched for a game to change Matthews' linemates. Ennis can at least carry the puck a bit and make a pass. Just don't make him match up against top dmen by putting him with Matthews.

Once Willie is back, I hope Brown gets traded for a Dman.

He's an overpaid 4th liner playing up the lineup because the coach likes him and he got to score a bunch riding shotgun in a contract year with better centres. He's not bringing back any dman that's better than our current dmen (excluding maybe Hainsey).

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Babcock wants his players to suffer and play the "right way". He over coaches his team into complete trash anytime they win some games scoring a lot of goals. He spends all those post game interviews during a win streak acting disappointed and saying crap like "you can't tell them anything when they are winning but it won't last!!".

He cares more about curating his image to the media than he does about winning hockey games. There is no other reason why he spends so much time making sure everyone knows he thinks this will happen before he makes it happen.
That may or may not be true! I am not Babs biggest fan,but I give him full credit for shaking up the lines tonite! I was really pleasantly surprised. That said I thought the PP with pulled goalie was a bad idea!

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Teams have figured out how to shut the big guns down. Tavares and Matthews have been mugged the last two games and rendered a non-factor. They are clogging up the middle and not letting anyone get in their normal sniping positions, and kudos to them. Leafs need to adjust and they have not other than sending out the the checking lines and that didn't do much either. Couple this with a lackluster effort for the most part, and this is the result. Thinking Willie will give the lads a spark, hope he signs soon. Not going to discuss defense, other than jsut trying to get too cute and they aren't that good. Also, we need some bigger bodies to park in front of the net at both ends.
Agree for the most part.

I Kadri with Marner. They may start off the play at center and the wing, but by the time they get to the offensive zone, they could be anywhere.

Tavares and Hyman, tend to be up and down the ice around the same area all the time.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
You beat Toronto by outcoaching Babcock

You play your big line for 22 minutes and you know Babcock lives to match lines.
That means kadri leivo and brown get more ice time and you limit
The usage of Matthews kappanen marner and Tavares

Brilliant strategy if your the opposing team

We are more worried about shutting the other teams big line down when they should be more worried about shutting our two big lines down

Pitiful coaching

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Sometimes your coach doesn’t want you to play hard to avoid the injury. This is especially the case for new age NHL. You don’t want your top players throwing around their bodies carelessly and getting injured for 5-10-20 however many games.
In my opinion I dont see any coach is telling his players not to body check in case they get injured no matter how good... Just like a coach wont tell a player not to block a shot in case of injury.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Do the babcock haters give him credit for the wins or just the losses? smh
I'm on the fence regarding Babcock still. However, I really don't think that our secondary player should be getting more TOI over our supposed star players.

You've got to shorten your bench and double shift your best players when you are behind in a game.

Reactions: saffronleaf

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
When Babcock signed here I was excited.
This was a great coach who would develop players and systems and have a solid defensive and offensive team regardless of talent.
By the start of the second season I was a bit surprised by what he was doing.
By last year I was frustrated with his line decisions and the product he was producing..
This year......I give up..
Now, can anyone tell me exactly what he is doing that would lead anyone to believe that he is a great coach?
Anyone?
agree 100%, i was also pumped when we first got Babcock, now all I see is an arrogant, stubborn, egotistic ass!

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
This team is so soft and terrible defensively - Team isnt as good as last year on the ice or on paper
Rielly really took a jump this year in play. And Kapanen still looks good, even with Matthews playing like crap. And Tavares definitely adds firepower. I like this team better than last year.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad