Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-1. Feel Shame.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Babcock wants his players to suffer and play the "right way". He over coaches his team into complete trash anytime they win some games scoring a lot of goals. He spends all those post game interviews during a win streak acting disappointed and saying crap like "you can't tell them anything when they are winning but it won't last!!".

He cares more about curating his image to the media than he does about winning hockey games. There is no other reason why he spends so much time making sure everyone knows he thinks this will happen before he makes it happen.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
He's overall never performed a hair above Nylander despite having sheltered minutes. But he's local and is energetic and skates inelegantly so he's the favorite.
We al know from your posting history that your a nylander fanboy
But no matter what you say marner is way better than 60 point soft
Perimeter player nylander
But hey if it makes you feel better to run marner down then have at it

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
Teams have figured out how to shut the big guns down. Tavares and Matthews have been mugged the last two games and rendered a non-factor. They are clogging up the middle and not letting anyone get in their normal sniping positions, and kudos to them. Leafs need to adjust and they have not other than sending out the the checking lines and that didn't do much either. Couple this with a lackluster effort for the most part, and this is the result. Thinking Willie will give the lads a spark, hope he signs soon. Not going to discuss defense, other than jsut trying to get too cute and they aren't that good. Also, we need some bigger bodies to park in front of the net at both ends.

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
First 2 periods were a disgrace, the whole team should be embarrassed to put up 8 shots after 40 minutes of play on home ice. Kap looked ok, everyone else was below average today. Starting to get real frustrated with Babs too.
3rd period was alright, but too little too late
Edit: Andersen was decent too, he wasn't his best but tonight wasn't his fault at all

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Tavares played 16 minutes
Mathews played 17 minutes
Brown and Kadri 17 minutes

It would be like Edmonton playing Lucic playing more than McDavid .

Babdick is turning this team into the most boring team.

If I was !Mathews and marner I would not sign here till he is gone.

I don't think quennville coaches this way in Chicago
Did Babs did that in Detriot too? Like playing grinders more than Dats and Zet?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Teams have figured out how to shut the big guns down. Tavares and Matthews have been mugged the last two games and rendered a non-factor. They are clogging up the middle and not letting anyone get in their normal sniping positions, and kudos to them. Leafs need to adjust and they have not other than sending out the the checking lines and that didn't do much either. Couple this with a lackluster effort for the most part, and this is the result. Thinking Willie will give the lads a spark, hope he signs soon. Not going to discuss defense, other than jsut trying to get too cute and they aren't that good. Also, we need some bigger bodies to park in front of the net at both ends.

Too many passengers up front at this point. Marleau, Lindholm, Kadri, Brown, Johnsson/Ennis, Leivo. That's too many.

Reactions: The Kessel Run

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I think this is mostly recency bias. They battled back from an awful third period last game, even if they didn't get the win and have come from behind a few times already this year.

We didn't score a goal in the last game and Pittsburgh had control for long periods

When this team struggles like the last 2 games we can't to come up with a response or game plan to combat it, sometimes you can't just "skill" your way out of it, you may be forced to play a game that you don't particularly like and we're either unwilling or unable to do that

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Against Pittsburgh, it was often even but it just felt like they got beat by a better team and a better goalie. Tonight though, they played down to the Blues' level in the first and then just let them take over the game in the second, really poor performance.

Also I seriously cannot remember either of Matthews linemates setting him up for a scoring chance at even strength even ONCE. You can probably say the same for Kadri's linemates. Nylander's definetely gonna be a huge boost to this team when he gets back.

The Avs are the second team I watch, and it honestly surprises me how much more Bednar gets out of that team vs Babcock with this one.

Same! I will admit that Bednar is making me eat cake for wanting him fired after his first season. I still dunno if he's a good enough coach to win playoff series but he's for sure better at getting the team to do simple stuff like break up a cycle or move out the f***ing puck. In fairness though, Sakic has done a better job in bringing in solid dmen the last couple years like Cole, Nemeth, and Girard compared to Lou who's only good move in the back-end over three years was signing Zaitsev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad