Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-1. Feel Shame.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I remember when people thought Ennis would be enough to replace Nylander on the top line, lol. Now it's supposedly Kapanen. It's amazing how underrated high end talent is in this league. the lesser players aren't even close

Reactions: Nalens Oga

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Mathews is leading the league in points/goals without him... Its been two games that line hasnt done much, everyone remembers the good but when mathews went on that 13-game goalless drought he was playing with Nylander. This has been 2 games

Matthews was riding a 50% shooting percentage and that line 5v5 is underwater in almost every offensive statistical category
Chances, HD chances, possession, the whole lot

Matthews is an all world shooter, unfortunately for him to do that consistently we need wingers that can kart the puck up ice and pass it to him not the corpse of Marleau like dead weight beside him

Reactions: Nalens Oga

member 262271

Yeah the cheerleaders tried telling me it was to hone up that pLaYoFf HoCkeY StYlE.

Worked real ****ing good, didn't it?
I wouldn't even debate that it's playoff practice or whatever - whatever it is it's ugly to watch, therefore I'll know what to expect at least?

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This team is too soft.

Their intensity came way too late.

This D is never going to be better.

I am starting to question the coaching now.

Terrible game and watch what happens when Winnipeg wipe the floor with them.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I remember when people thought Ennis would be enough to replace Nylander on the top line, lol. Now it's supposedly Kapanen. It's amazing how underrated high end talent is in this league. the lesser players aren't even close
I never saw anyone happy with Ennis on the top line. Was that 1 person? Kapanen is fine.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
This team is too soft.

Their intensity came way too late.

This D is never going to be better.

I am starting to question the coaching now.

Terrible game and watch what happens when Winnipeg wipe the floor with them.
Eh, Winnipeg is not playing great.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Hopefully the Leafs see they need that extra intensity in their game to use their depth effectively.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I hate how I see people panicking. Relax guys. You can't keep this offense quiet for more tana couple of games. They'll break-out.

Reactions: NCoRe

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
You know he won a stanley cup, gold medal and took the Mighty ducks to game 7 of the stanley cup finals? It's the same guy fyi

Two gold medals, right? Granted he hasn’t won a playoff round since the mighty ducks became the ducks.

In all seriousness the Leafs have not looked good this year and in the playoffs last year. He’s in charge.

Someone needs to ask him who the Zach Hyman is on the coaching staff? Cause it ain’t him!

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
  • 3 years ago his team tanked and finish last over
  • 2 years ago his team finished 15'th, made the playoffs
  • last year his team finished 7'th, made the playoffs
It’s a heavy hitting line up now, and Babcock is bunting.

No excuse to play your third liners more than your franchise players when you are losing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToMaLe

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I thought it was horrible Babcock even tried that 1 game. Kapanen is good however.
Kapanen is a good bottom 6 guy because he has insane physical tools that can overwhelm lesser players. he starts to get exposed when he plays higher up in the lineup because his vision and IQ aren't overly special. he's not a bad option so long as he's the 3rd best player on a top 6 line, but Marleau is even worse. that's why it won't work very well

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
What is with people and scapegoating a player or the coach for all our mistakes. The team played terribly they lost that game as a team.

Stop looking for an easy target to blame.

Reactions: NCoRe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad