Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-1. Feel Shame.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Looks like people are finally seeing what's up with Babcock.

To those of you who actually see what's going on : don't let the cheerleaders goad you into trying to justify his moronic coaching decisions. Just call it for what it is.

If your 3rd best center gets the most ice-time, your coach is a moron. No ifs ands or buts. If Connor Brown plays over 17 minutes, your coach is a moron. If your superstar generational talent can't even get 18 minutes a game, your coach is a moron.

You have Matthews, Tavares, and Marner on offense. You literally can't **** this up. Babcock somehow finds a way to **** it up. It's truly insane.

I'm glad he never mixes up the lines no matter whats going on. :sarcasm:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
The template on how to beat the 2018-19 Leafs has been created. I hope every opponent throws this strategy at the Leafs for the next month.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Realistically, how many years do you guys think Babcock has before he gets fired?

I would guess that he would have two more tries. This year and the next.

If he cannot produce results in the next two years, he’s gone. We simply cannot afford to let him ruin our best years to win with his coaching.

Leafs need someone who can play the team to their strength and I’m really not sure Babcock is the guy. He’s a great coach for a slower NHL where there was a lot of interference. Now, it’s all about playing fast with the puck. All I ever see the Leafs do extremely fast is flip the puck in the air as soon as they have it.

Look who he had in Detroit. Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Lidstrom. You can go match-up crazy with these guys cause they'll win every f***ing matchup you put in front of them.

We do not have the same type of roster, and Babcock coaches us like we do. He even does the same stupid f***ing stretch pass breakout. We don't have Nicklas Lidstrom you f***ing moron and we don't have two of the best two-way players on the planet.

I got out of the business of justifying his moron coaching decisions after the first half of last year. His ice-time with his superstars should honestly be enough to tell you what kind of stupid dinosaur we're dealing with, but amazingly some people still can't see it.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Based on that data, its clear that babcock's exteme line matching at home is a net negative. If instead the Leafs played at home like they played on the road (to play so you can't be exploited) then they would have a record ~ 5%-10% better at home, and 2% to 5% better overall.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
I think back to that 24/7 scene almost a decade ago showing Bylsma sitting in Shero's office and they go over player performances and who to potentially call up or send down. With Babcock and Dubas, I imagine it to go something like this:

Dubas: We have a call-up spot, I think we need to maybe give Marleau a rest to get him going and see what Grundstrom can do.
Babcock: Nope you know duh tie goes to duh vet and Patty will start scoring, he's working hard and he brings gud experience. We gutta let Grundstrom bake a bit in da oven.
Dubas: Okay well we need a player on Kadri's line who can maybe make better passes, what do you think of moving Brown down and drawing Ennis back in?
Babcock: Nope Brownsy he does a lot of gud things, he hustles hard, he'll get going, he's bee one of our best players dis season, he's a gud pro he brings gud experience.
Dubas: ...
Grundstrom is not a man yet, just like Johnsson....but might be a gud pro some day.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Put Marleau back with Kadri on the 3rd. line.

Put Hyman back on Matthews line.

Get a effective grunt for Tavares line.

Hyman-Matthews-Kapanen/Nylander
Grunt-Tavares-Marner/Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-Marner/Lindholm
Leivo/Johnsson-Gauthier-Lindholm

Rielly-Zaitsev
Dermott-Hainsey
Gardiner-Marincin/Ozhiganov

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Lots can be said that is probably better left unsaid. That said,if they play like this against even a struggling Jets team,they will get embarrassed!

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Piss poor effort in the first two periods. 8 shots is a joke for any team, let alone one with this talent.

Andersen kept it close.

No the sky isn't falling, but an honest effort doesn't seem like a lot to ask for.

Reactions: AllHeartNoSkill

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Look who he had in Detroit. Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Lidstrom. You can go match-up crazy with these guys cause they'll win every ****ing matchup you put in front of them.

We do not have the same type of roster, and Babcock coaches us like we do. He even does the same stupid ****ing stretch pass breakout. We don't have Nicklas Lidstrom you ****ing moron and we don't have two of the best two-way players on the planet.

I got out of the business of justifying his moron coaching decisions after the first half of last year. His ice-time with his superstars should honestly be enough to tell you what kind of stupid dinosaur we're dealing with, but amazingly some people still can't see it.
Not really. Detroit saw a lot different matchups than the Leafs throughout his tenure

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The template on how to beat the 2018-19 Leafs has been created. I hope every opponent throws this strategy at the Leafs for the next month.

They will, it happened last year as well. We are built for the short game. Short precise passes and not chip and chase or stretch passes.

We are not playing to our strengths, again. Brown for 21 mins is not winning anyone anything, it's like he is doubling down on his losing strategy. Hand over fist of stupid coaching tonight.

Reactions: ToMaLe

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
They should trade Nylander, or at least try to sign him.

All these trade rumours are beginning to affect this mentally feeble team.

The roster is already scared poop-less about Dubas trading them outta here for Nick Ritiche. Nothing the coach will say will have any effect.

There is no poop left as the trade rumours have scared them poop-less.

:baghead:

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
I’m beginning to think a Babcock coached team can’t win in this league.

This team is no different than last year, it lacks toughness, it lacks discipline and intelligence.

If I’m Dubas I’m having conversations with Mike.
You know he won a stanley cup, gold medal and took the Mighty ducks to game 7 of the stanley cup finals? It's the same guy fyi

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Realistically, how many years do you guys think Babcock has before he gets fired?

I would guess that he would have two more tries. This year and the next.

If he cannot produce results in the next two years, he’s gone. We simply cannot afford to let him ruin our best years to win with his coaching.

Leafs need someone who can play the team to their strength and I’m really not sure Babcock is the guy. He’s a great coach for a slower NHL where there was a lot of interference. Now, it’s all about playing fast with the puck. All I ever see the Leafs do extremely fast is flip the puck in the air as soon as they have it.

assuming leafs make the playoffs this year; if they exit in the first round again- questions will be asked for sure

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
You know he won a stanley cup, gold medal and took the Mighty ducks to game 7 of the stanley cup finals? It's the same guy fyi
Three cup final appearances, winning once, and losing twice in game 7.

Daymn, never realized that until writing about those two game 7 he loss as coach.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Grundstrom is not a man yet, just like Johnsson....but might be a gud pro some day.

It seems Grundstrom is a support type of player (in my limited viewing) but you know I was impressed with Engval, and while he isn't going to run through people he would bring some size to the line-up.

Trevor might bring some urgency ... kind of like how the VGK played with urgency and wanted to prove people wrong ... because he's never been gifted playing time.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think back to that 24/7 scene almost a decade ago showing Bylsma sitting in Shero's office and they go over player performances and who to potentially call up or send down. With Babcock and Dubas, I imagine it to go something like this:

Dubas: We have a call-up spot, I think we need to maybe give Marleau a rest to get him going and see what Grundstrom can do.
Babcock: Nope you know duh tie goes to duh vet and Patty will start scoring, he's working hard and he brings gud experience. We gutta let Grundstrom bake a bit in da oven.
Dubas: Okay well we need a player on Kadri's line who can maybe make better passes, what do you think of moving Brown down and drawing Ennis back in?
Babcock: Nope Brownsy he does a lot of gud things, he hustles hard, he'll get going, he's bee one of our best players dis season, he's a gud pro he brings gud experience.
Dubas: ...

Dubas: ok mike see ya later

Dubas (on the phone): hey sheldon; how is it going? how would you like to coach in the NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad