Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-1. Feel Shame.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Kapanen is a good bottom 6 guy because he has insane physical tools that can overwhelm lesser players. he starts to get exposed when he plays higher up in the lineup because his vision and IQ aren't overly special. he's not a bad option so long as he's the 3rd best player on a top 6 line, but Marleau is even worse. that's why it won't work very well
Why don't we let Kapanen play more in the top 6 before we judge him. His stats are very good thus far. The guy should not be stuck on the 4th line. He's too good.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Dumping him is a great way to save a little cap.

I mean if hes going to be a total blackhole offensively it'd be nice if the player brought some good physicality to this lineup which we sorely lack.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Why don't we let Kapanen play more in the top 6 before we judge him. His stats are very good thus far. The guy should not be stuck on the 4th line. He's too good.
I think he should either take Marleau's spot when Nylander is back, or play with Kadri on the 3rd line. He's too good to be a 4th liner for sure, but also not good enough to be the #2 guy on a top line

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I hate how I see people panicking. Relax guys. You can't keep this offense quiet for more tana couple of games. They'll break-out.

It’s not about wins and losses right now, but more about the process. I don’t see this team as any different than the group that got beat by a bad Boston team.

I think changes are needed somewhere.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
fair enough, hopefully the boys learn from these games so they're not losing in the same fashion later in the year
That's just it, they lost a lot of games last year where they should have been able to win. It continues this year with losses to Ottawa and St. Louis!

St. Louis came into tonight's game ripe to be beaten! Instead, they look far better tonight than their record thus far shows!

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
What is with people and scapegoating a player or the coach for all our mistakes. The team played terribly they lost that game as a team.

Stop looking for an easy target to blame.
as I've said before, if it's a few individuals who are lacking, blame them. if the whole team is lacking, it's on the coach. plenty of coaches are able to get more from far lesser rosters

Reactions: JayDog17

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It’s not about wins and losses right now, but more about the process. I don’t see this team as any different than the group that got beat by a bad Boston team.

I think changes are needed somewhere.

I don't think Boston was "Bad" at all, and I don't see Boston winning that series today.

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
When Babcock signed here I was excited.
This was a great coach who would develop players and systems and have a solid defensive and offensive team regardless of talent.
By the start of the second season I was a bit surprised by what he was doing.
By last year I was frustrated with his line decisions and the product he was producing..
This year......I give up..
Now, can anyone tell me exactly what he is doing that would lead anyone to believe that he is a great coach?
Anyone?

I got nothing...

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I suppose the bright spot is they lost because they didn't try to win.

I know it is early, but Tavares doesn't seem to bear down defensively in his own zone.

Press clippings don't win shifts.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I suppose the bright spot is they lost because they didn't try to win.

I know it is early, but Tavares doesn't seem to bear down defensively in his own zone.

Press clippings don't win shifts.

Tavares is bad defensively.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Yet everyone says Scotty Bowman is by far the best coach ever. Guy never won without an all-star team.

Have you ever heard of a red-herring logical fallacy?

I don't give a shit about f***ing Scotty Bowman or his f***ing teams (in the context of how the Leafs are playing this year).

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
That's just it, they lost a lot of games last year where they should have been able to win. It continues this year with losses to Ottawa and St. Louis!

St. Louis came into tonight's game ripe to be beaten! Instead, they look far better tonight than their record thus far shows!

The blues have had a couple of heartbreakers already this year. I think that translated into more desperate hockey from them tonight.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The Blues were due for this. I was very surprused they started so poorly. I think they'll be very solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad