Leafs have 10 players with 40pts or more

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
What I see is a complete double standard.

Oh come on your fanbase has its share [mod] that wander into every thread. It might seem like that to you because you are not personally doing it. But I assure you it happens and the stigma is warranted.

Last edited by a moderator:

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
No they evaluated both of them. They were deemed by doctors not healthy enough to play.

Well you knew Horton was done when you ate the contract, no sympathy there. According to lupuls Instagram he wanted to play but was not allowed. Called his physical a sham or something.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Nobody above 70 points in the highest scoring year in a decade. Must be tough to lack real elite offensive talent.
our best player who is an elite talent in matthews missed 20 games. he would have gotten 70 points for sure in he was more healthier

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Well you knew Horton was done when you ate the contract, no sympathy there. According to lupuls Instagram he wanted to play but was not allowed. Called his physical a sham or something.
The NHL investigated lupuls health.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
100% correct. You seem to have missed the follow-up news though where he appologized, stated it was not true, was evaluated by an independant Dr after that, was determindd to be injured and could not play and later admitted in an interview he does not expect to play again.
There was a lot of news after that tweet.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Lowry, perreault?

lol.

byfuglien probably needed a rest anyway.

but man, your team is really soft and fragile.

The 2017-18 soft and fragile Jets have more wins and points than any Leafs team in their 101 year history. Laine had 10 less goals this year than the Leafs leading goal scorer of all time, who put up 54 in the 80s video game era. If you adjust for era, you'd have to go back to Frank Mahovlich's 1960-61 season to compare to Laine's season, which is before man landed on the moon and we can't look up the video from that Mahovlich season because the VCR wasn't invented yet.

Reactions: Krauser and Saidin

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Oh come on your fanbase has its share [mod] that wander into every thread. It might seem like that to you because you are not personally doing it. But I assure you it happens and the stigma is warranted.
oh and what do you think of them?

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
100% correct. You seem to have missed the follow-up news though where he appologized, stated it was not true, was evaluated by an independant Dr after that, was determindd to be injured and could not play and later admitted in an interview he does not expect to play again.
There was a lot of news after that tweet.

I know. That guy said the leafs weren't lucky with health because of lupul and horton though. This is why it's so hard to take you guys seriously.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
I know. That guy said the leafs weren't lucky with health because of lupul and horton though. This is why it's so hard to take you guys seriously.
4th healthiest makes me question what is and how that measurement is being conducted.

hard to take that guy seriously.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I really hate though the continued theme on HF if 1 single fan says something it affects the entire fanbase.
Truth be told, I thought he was joking.
And you don't think I have reason not to take other fanbases seriously?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
4th healthiest makes me question what is and how that measurement is being conducted.

Cap hit lost not including players who are for all intents and purposes retired and were never expected to play. Might be a little misleading with Matthews missing time while still being on his ELC, but it wouldn't change it much.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
The NHL had their own doctors evaluate him and they came to the same conclusion, so....

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
Cap hit lost not including players who are for all intents and purposes retired and were never expected to play. Might be a little misleading with Matthews missing time while still being on his ELC, but it wouldn't change it much.

Thats a subject approach. So no Leafs weren't the 4th healthiest team.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So then Marchand and Pasta are 40g guys too right?

I have no doubt they could be but the problem is at some point Brad Marchand is going to go full Brad Marchand and when he does he will get suspended because that's what he does and it costs them both.

Reactions: Alicat

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Have you read some of the posts from Bruins fans lately on the main board? Especially the ones relating to a Bruins player doing anything remotely dirty? It's a two way-street, you can't go after a fan base saying that's why it's hard to take them seriously while completely forgetting the embarrassment that was all those white-knight Bruins fans in all the Marchand threads over the past two months acting as if the only reason people consider Marchand a dirty player is because the League is against him and the bruins.

Most fan bases say dumb shit, especially when you try paint everyone with the same brush, stop acting like it's exclusive to the Leafs fan base while forgetting the cringy shit show that Bruins fans put on about how the league is out to get them every time there's a thread started about a questionable hit thrown by a Bruins player.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
our best player who is an elite talent in matthews missed 20 games. he would have gotten 70 points for sure in he was more healthier
I fully expect Matthews to be a 90+ point scorer if he plays a full 82 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad