Leafs have 10 players with 40pts or more

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Oh, you have? Because I'm pretty sure the thread took a turn for the worse when you derailed it with this ignorant comment...

Our best player missed 20 games this season. How is that considered "particularly lucky"?....

Or, maybe we're just a good team overall?... Which you always fail to acknowledge by going out of your way to trivialize their accomplishments (case in point -- your comments in this thread)

Pick one.

It is a totally spot on comment. This "much superior" record was achieved only because the Leafs were healthier than the other teams who are close in this "10 players with 40 points". This is the award for healthier team among the top 6-7.

Notice: I never said that you are NOT a good team. I made instead a point that you are not by far the best team, like having "10 players with 40 points" when the "next best has only 7" (not true) would seem to suggest.

Your best player missed 20 games. Are you really trying to cry me a river? You had it MUCH better than us.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
Yeah they rocketed right to 3rd in the division, awesome job. How does it feel that VGK has a better season in 1 year than you do in like over 100?

It's been really tough. I've lost a lot of sleep over it and developed a deep hatred towards expansion teams.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I mean more points, better PPG, more goals... I guess Scheifele did have less penalty minutes though.

I didn't realize having one season with a couple extra points in a couple extra games automatically crowns as being better

scheifele has been a ppg player for over ~2.5 seasons

Matthews has been a ppg player for 62 games
he hasn't even scored 70 points yet...

Reactions: Luc Labelle

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Lol dude I posted that it was interesting they didn't have a 70pt player. Insecure leaf fans jumped down my throat.

Leaf fans think they received unwarranted flack this year. When you have 4 posters jump down someone's throat over something innocous then you've earned the flak you get.

See the problem with that statement is that you conveniently leave out the fact Matthews missed 20 games because it wouldn't fit your narrative particularly since Matthews finished above a PPG

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
giphy.gif

Reactions: nobody

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I didn't realize having one season with a couple extra points in a couple extra games automatically crowns as being better

Yeah, and Matthews hasn't even been in the league for 2.5 seasons. So, what's your point? Matthews surpassed Scheifele this year, and I expect it to stay that way for the rest of their careers.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017

Chef is also 25? He was a nobody at Auston's age.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Lol dude I posted that it was interesting they didn't have a 70pt player. Insecure leaf fans jumped down my throat.

Leaf fans think they received unwarranted flack this year. When you have 4 posters jump down someone's throat over something innocous then you've earned the flak you get.

Unfortunate, but true, it seems.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
See the problem with that statement is that you conveniently leave out the fact Matthews missed 20 games because it wouldn't fit your narrative particularly since Matthews finished above a PPG

No I was explicitly informed by leafs fans here and in other threads that only points scored not ppg projections matter. Will you guys huddle and come up with a stance. It's hard to argue when every other post changes the goal posts.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Yeah they rocketed right to 3rd in the division, awesome job. How does it feel that VGK has a better season in 1 year than you do in like over 100?

Considering for much of those 100 years it wasn’t even possible, pretty good. You?

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
By that logic, Matthews is barely a top 60 player in the league then (he's 60th in points). "Cold hard fact", according to YOUR logic.

Technically he would be barely a top 60 scorer if he was 60th in points. There's no direct correlation between being a high scorer vs a top player. Unless ofc you think Phil Kessel is a better player than anyone on the Bruins. I can get behind that fact.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Technically he would be barely a top 60 scorer if he was 60th in points. There's no direct correlation between being a high scorer vs a top player. Unless ofc you think Phil Kessel is a better player than anyone on the Bruins. I can get behind that fact.

Touché.

A top 60 points producer it is, then.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
No I was explicitly informed by leafs fans here and in other threads that only points scored not ppg projections matter. Will you guys huddle and come up with a stance. It's hard to argue when every other post changes the goal posts.

I can't control what others say, but you responded to me and I am telling you, you do not get ignore the 20 games Matthews missed especially when you finishes above a ppg

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
With that pace, Matthews would have needed the regular season to last 90 games to tie Ovechkin...
What if Matty went on a tear scoring 16 goals in 20 games. Laine did 16 in 13 and we all know Matty is the better goal scorer. What if.:thumbu:

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Pretty awesome depth in Toronto right now.

Can always tell when the Leafs are doing well by the amount of non Leafs fans complaining about any iota of success they have.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
It is a totally spot on comment. This "much superior" record was achieved only because the Leafs were healthier than the other teams who are close in this "10 players with 40 points". This is the award for healthier team among the top 6-7.

Notice: I never said that you are NOT a good team. I made instead a point that you are not by far the best team, like having "10 players with 40 points" when the "next best has only 7" (not true) would seem to suggest.

Your best player missed 20 games. Are you really trying to cry me a river? You had it MUCH better than us.

Except that it's not. I'm pretty sure you know this by now from watching Bruins games vs the Leafs, but Auston Matthews is a consistant game breaking threat...night in, night out. You give him an inch, and he will take a country mile...every single time. You're honestly trying to tell us that Matthews missing 20 games had no overall effect on our W/L record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad