Leafs have 10 players with 40pts or more

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
you'd think that shouldn't apply on a hockey forum tho. I might as well stick to Facebook comments for my info. doesn't seem ant better over here when it's about the leafs
Don't knock the educational powers of FB. I hear there's a community support group on there where you can go and talk bad things about the mean Leafs. Lighten the ol brain a little. Gain a little happiness. You should look it up.

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
Hmmm...I recall the Leafs being one of the highest spending teams under the Teachers' ownership tenure in the pre-cap days. Pretty sure they were second only to the Rangers for several years. Dysfunctional, sure but I wouldn't call them greedy beancounters. Nothing makes more money than a winning hockey team.

He alluding to the fact that the TPP would never support a true rebuild.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
don't gotta make a thread about your own teams accomplishments, otherwise it would distract you from spending your time in this one?

what? no. I don't have to make a bs thread in general. the standings is good enough for me.

I guess you assume everyone loves to brag about themselves since leafs do it so much over here.

it's fun once and awhile to call out some people's shit

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
what? no. I don't have to make a bs thread in general. the standings is good enough for me.

I guess you assume everyone loves to brag about themselves since leafs do it so much over here.

it's fun once and awhile to call out some people's ****

yes yes the standings.

we all know everything went perfect f9r the jets this year though.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Are you purposely trying to be antagonistic? I’m not insinuating all Jets fans are terrible, why are you doing so about the Leafs?

Because anything related to the city of Toronto = BAD!!!

Its the whole "Let the eastern bastards freeze in the dark" "we're all evil" etc etc that have been indoctrinated into alot of Western Canadians over the years.

Because I can think of another reason why a team in another timezone and conference, hates us as much as they do.

Whatever...

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Don't knock the educational powers of FB. I hear there's a community support group on there where you can go and talk bad things about the mean Leafs. Lighten the ol brain a little. Gain a little happiness. You should look it up.

I don't talk bad about the leafs on here. if you haven't noticed. I more so direct it to the leafs fans and the arrogance and ignorance that comes with it

leafs are good team, but leads fans overly exaggerate where they at in placings.

I don't need to say anything about the jets other than the truth of where they stand. I don't have to talk about my feelings or my opinion on it. the standings and stats speak for themselves

my only opinion is that I'm a jets fan

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinLVGA

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
To be fair, your argument is the equivalent of saying that the Caps fans shouldn’t celebrate Ovys Rocket because there were a lot of other players that were close.

Unfortunately results matter in sports (Leaf fans know this all too well as they they’ve seen a lack of them many times) and people just need to take their lumps and move on.

This is a redemption thread if you haven’t noticed.

No, not at all. In regards to your analogy & in order to make it the same as what I am saying it would be if:
Ovechkin had 49 goals in 82 games... Laine had 46, Malkin and Matthews 44, but they each missed 20 games because of injury... And some Washington fan would come here and say "Ovechkin has 49 goals and the next best has only 39", in order to express how great the performance of Ovechkin was compared to the rest of the best.
I would say "Nope, Laine has 46 goals and Malkin/Matthews 44. Not 39. And on top of that, they missed 20 games. If they had not, they would have been right there with Ovechkin".
Somehow all this = hate, demeaning, bad logic, etc etc

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
yes yes the standings.

we all know everything went perfect f9r the jets this year though.

but they didnt. as I already mentioned injuries.

I get you think you're having fun with me, but I already know your deliberately acting like a fool
I know you think I'm actually mad, but I honestly don't mind lol.

you thinking your smug is annoying tho lol I wont lie

me wasting my time to respond to you is no different than you wasting your time to respond to me... it works both ways

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Well if you're trolling, then yes..I can tell you to stop as its against site rules.

Please stay on topic.

I have been talking about the Leafs 10 players with 40 points and how that stacks up with the other teams, which is exactly what is in the OP. That is on topic.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I don't talk bad about the leafs on here. if you haven't noticed. I more so direct it to the leafs fans and the arrogance and ignorance that comes with it

leafs are good team, but leads fans overly exaggerate where they at in placings.

I don't need to say anything about the jets other than the truth of where they stand. I don't have to talk about my friends or my opinion on it. the standings and stats speak for themselves

my only opinion is that I'm a jets fan
I AM A JET! That's so empowering. Gives me chills.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
but they didnt. as I already mentioned injuries.

I get you think you're having fun with me, but I already know your deliberately acting like a fool
I know you think I'm actually mad, but I honestly don't mind lol.

you thinking your smug is annoying tho lol I wont lie

yes smugly enjoying the depth that manages ten 40 point scorers on the leafs. more than any other team in the NHL.

Reactions: nobody

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I have been talking about the Leafs 10 players with 40 points and how that stacks up with the other teams, which is exactly what is in the OP. That is on topic.
So you're agreeing the leafs are at the top of the league sitting alone with 10 players? Well then, thats the end of that argument. Thank god.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
yes smugly enjoying the depth that manages ten 40 point scorers on the leafs. more than any other team in the NHL.

but still not managing top 4 in standings and only 3rd in your own division... interesting

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I wouldn't be so confident about that. Boston has fluked a ton of wins this year. It wouldn't surprise me to luck their way to a cup.

Next time some Leafs fan complains about the Bruins being talked in this thread (because being one of those teams with "only 7 players with 40 points" - not true - wasn't enough to bring them in the conversation), I will direct them to you.

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
No, not at all. In regards to your analogy & in order to make it the same as what I am saying it would be if:
Ovechkin had 49 goals in 82 games... Laine had 46, Malkin and Matthews 44, but they each missed 20 games because of injury... And some Washington fan would come here and say "Ovechkin has 49 goals and the next best has only 39", in order to express how great the performance of Ovechkin was compared to the rest of the best.
I would say "Nope, Laine has 46 goals and Malkin/Matthews 44. Not 39. And on top of that, they missed 20 games. If they had not, they would have been right there with Ovechkin".
Somehow all this = hate, demeaning, bad logic, etc etc

I totally get that but you’d also have to include that everyone laughed at Caps fans saying Ovy is one of the best scorers in the league at the start of the season in this analogy.

Of course no one thinks the Leafs depth in unparalleled and unmatched but they deserve credit for what they achieved in spite of what other fan bases thought

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
So you're agreeing the leafs are at the top of the league sitting alone with 10 players? Well then, thats the end of that argument. Thank god.
Don't forget the addendum: "at least three/four other teams would have had that too, had they not been struck by injuries. So, it's a record pretty much devoid of meaning". There, nice and easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad