Leafs have 10 players with 40pts or more

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
yeah I'm over fuming right now. good call
it's okay. the first step is to spend your time in other threads if this one agitates you.

maybe you should make a thread about the jets having 8 players with 40 points. because 8 is good too.

Reactions: nobody

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
... in relation to what everyone else achieved... Otherwise, OP wouldn't have mentioned that the nearest one had only 7...

LOL. Um..........No other team achieved what this thread is about, this season, and that is having ten 40-point players when it was all said & done. Only the Leafs did it.

Like it or not, it's main board noteworthy.

:)

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
Yup. Also Nashville has 8 and Jarnkrok has 35 points but missed 14 games and Ryan Ellis out for half a season with a knee injury but he still has 32 points in only 44 games. They would have easily hit 40.

As I already said, this is a thread glorifying good luck re no injuries.
I can’t wait to destroy Boston in the playoffs

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
That’s more for context then anything, had the Wild achieved this feat and it had been worded the exact same way do you honestly think there would be people trying to demean the achievement?

Yeah, but the context is given only partially, in order to paint a much, MUCH better picture than it really is.

Lastly, the answer to your question,as far as I am concerned is yes.

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
I am not disputing that you have ten 40 points players. I am disputing that it's so much ahead of anyone else, when it's clear that there's at least three other teams who, had it not been for injuries, would have been right there.

And if this is petty "revenge" for statements from before the season (I think that's what you are inferring)... :help:
There's been scores of you guys saying that the Bruins were going to drop to earth once March arrived, that we were not good, only played easy teams. Well, we're at 112 points, possibly up to 114. No one is starting "revenge" threads for that. Ffs.

To be fair, your argument is the equivalent of saying that the Caps fans shouldn’t celebrate Ovys Rocket because there were a lot of other players that were close.

Unfortunately results matter in sports (Leaf fans know this all too well as they they’ve seen a lack of them many times) and people just need to take their lumps and move on.

Last edited:

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
it's okay. the first step is to spend your time in other threads if this one agitates you.

maybe you should make a thread about the jets having 8 players with 40 points. because 8 is good too.

nah I'm good. you can just look st the standings on nhl.com they speak for themselves

don't gotta make a thread on the main boards to get a pat on the back for something other teams have accomplished

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Hmmm...I recall the Leafs being one of the highest spending teams under the Teachers' ownership tenure in the pre-cap days. Pretty sure they were second only to the Rangers for several years. Dysfunctional, sure but I wouldn't call them greedy beancounters. Nothing makes more money than a winning hockey team.

Is that why they, along with Steve Stavros, decided not to sign Gretzky at a discount in 1996?

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
That applies literally to fans of every team in professional sports.

you'd think that shouldn't apply on a hockey forum tho. I might as well stick to Facebook comments for my info. doesn't seem ant better over here when it's about the leafs

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Here's an idea or two: 1) mention other teams in order to validate how "amazing" your favorite team's performance was, then expect fans of those other teams to comment on how valid that statement was... 2) don't tell me where to post or not.

Well if you're trolling, then yes..I can tell you to stop as its against site rules.

Please stay on topic.

Reactions: A1LeafNation

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
nah I'm good. you can just look st the standings on nhl.com they speak for themselves

don't gotta make a thread on the main boards to get a pat on the back for something other teams have accomplished

don't gotta make a thread about your own teams accomplishments, otherwise it would distract you from spending your time in this one?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

They didn’t accomplish it this year, should all threads about things already accomplished in NHL history not deserve a thread?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
No 70 points scorers on the team but a lot of 40+ points scorers. Good depth team. Always said Hyman was underrated on HF boards. Glad to see him be in the 40 points club. He was a very good player this year. Better than Brown surprisingly but not surprising he got 40 pts.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Here's an idea or two: 1) mention other teams in order to validate how "amazing" your favorite team's performance was, then expect fans of those other teams to comment on how valid that statement was... 2) don't tell me where to post or not.

I don't think it's so much what you're saying, it's more that it sure seems really, really, really important to you to invalidate a positive Leafs stat. I bet you've posted 20 times in this very benign thread.

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
I wouldn't be so confident about that. Boston has fluked a ton of wins this year. It wouldn't surprise me to luck their way to a cup.
7-1 last two seasons against them. Their trash. Head to head they simply don’t measure up. And they know it

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The Vegas favourite for the cup has the lowest leading scorer of any playoff team (Preds-64).

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
you'd think that shouldn't apply on a hockey forum tho. I might as well stick to Facebook comments for my info. doesn't seem ant better over here when it's about the leafs

Are you purposely trying to be antagonistic? I’m not insinuating all Jets fans are terrible, why are you doing so about the Leafs?

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
I guess the standings have been underestimating the leafs too huh?

They did not finish 1st due to Matthews injury and because some of the players still needed to grow into their game a bit, but now they are hitting their full stride and I don't think any other team than possibly Nashville can stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad