Leafs have 10 players with 40pts or more

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Next time some Leafs fan complains about the Bruins being talked in this thread (because being one of those teams with "only 7 players with 40 points" - not true - wasn't enough to bring them in the conversation), I will direct them to you.
I was trying to defend the Bruins against my fellow Leafs fan who wanted to face them. I said no thank you. We can't afford to lose to the lucky Bruins. That would make us look silly. I would rather be ousted by a team that's actually good. Gives us more street cred.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Don't forget the addendum: "at least three/four other teams would have had that too, had they not been struck by injuries. So, it's a record pretty much devoid of meaning". There, nice and easy.
But they didn't. So? Call it a tie?

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I have been talking about the Leafs 10 players with 40 points and how that stacks up with the other teams, which is exactly what is in the OP. That is on topic.

Oh, you have? Because I'm pretty sure the thread took a turn for the worse when you derailed it with this ignorant comment...

Another "we have been particularly lucky with injuries, therefore we have good stats" thread...

Our best player missed 20 games this season. How is that considered "particularly lucky"?....

Or, maybe we're just a good team overall?... Which you always fail to acknowledge by going out of your way to trivialize their accomplishments (case in point -- your comments in this thread)

Pick one.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I totally get that but you’d also have to include that everyone laughed at Caps fans saying Ovy is one of the best scorers in the league at the start of the season in this analogy.

Of course no one thinks the Leafs depth in unparalleled and unmatched but they deserve credit for what they achieved in spite of what other fan bases thought

Top post.

However, the bolded doesn't ring true. It appears most Leafs fans in here are arguing exactly for that.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
yes having only one good player miss time in an entire season is very lucky.

no..there was more injured players. I just kept it simple for you. I know you're read skills aren't up to par is all

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
You know when you lost an argument when you pull this rhetoric out.
rhetoric?

I find it bizarre that someone would come in to a thread, and spend lots of time adamantly and angrily arguing that it doesn't mean anything.

if you don't feel it means anything why bother?

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Top post.

However, the bolded doesn't ring true. It appears most Leafs fans in here are arguing exactly for that.

Lol dude I posted that it was interesting they didn't have a 70pt player. Insecure leaf fans jumped down my throat.

Leaf fans think they received unwarranted flack this year. When you have 4 posters jump down someone's throat over something innocous then you've earned the flak you get.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Yeah they rocketed right to 3rd in the division, awesome job. How does it feel that VGK has a better season in 1 year than you do in like over 100?
Real gud. We're all happy for Vegas. After the tragedy they had to suffer through to start the season, its nice to see them uplift the spirits in Vegas.

Reactions: Raging Bull
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad