GDT: Leafs @ Habs - HNIC - 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I would have sat Lily for a game, give him a reset.
He was awful last game. Benoit was good. I get the handedness but Edmundson is quite comfortable on the right side. Maybe it's more one last shot for Lil to show he can succeed prior to playoffs. He will be fine so long as there is no real pressure and he can freely skate up ice.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
He was awful last game. Benoit was good. I get the handedness but Edmundson is quite comfortable on the right side. Maybe it's more one last shot for Lil to show he can succeed prior to playoffs. He will be fine so long as there is no real pressure and he can freely skate up ice.
I expect they're trying to play Lilly out of his struggles while the stakes are low

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Why scratch Benoit in front of his family and friends in Montreal? This could have waited for a different game. Looks like something Babcock would do. Here's Keefe's lame duck explanation:

That’s crazy. Why not wait until another game to sit him, especially when he has been so good for us?

Reactions: OddyOh

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Why scratch Benoit in front of his family and friends in Montreal? This could have waited for a different game. Looks like something Babcock would do. Here's Keefe's lame duck explanation:

This is a fair criticism, unfortunate, and potentially a good reason to go 11-7 for one game.

Reactions: authentic

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Just want to say there has always been this bizarre sentiment with some here that Lil hasn't been given a fair chance. Here's another example of the exact opposite, based on play he is easily the first to sit(honourable mention Brodie) and yet he stays over a guy who's played above expectations and simply been better back there. Let tonight be the final nail in the "hard done by" bs narrative around here. Lil has/is been given every opportunity, even when he doesn't necessarily deserve it. Let's hope he shines, easy test to look good tonight with their anemic forward group.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I agree it sucks to do this in Montreal to Benoit.

However, I think it is important to see if Lilly is ready, we know Benoit is. You want to see Brodie get his game back too.

On the forwards, with Marner out it gives Keefe an excuse to try Bert and Willy with AM34. If that clicks we might have a second line with Domi, Tavares and Marner.

Which leaves Kampf and Dewar as bottom six wingers with Knies Jarnkrok, McMann, Holmberg, Reaves and Gregor.

Reactions: arso40

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
I agree it sucks to do this in Montreal to Benoit.

However, I think it is important to see if Lilly is ready, we know Benoit is. You want to see Brodie get his game back too.

On the forwards, with Marner out it gives Keefe an excuse to try Bert and Willy with AM34. If that clicks we might have a second line with Domi, Tavares and Marner.

Which leaves Kampf and Dewar as bottom six wingers with Knies Jarnkrok, McMann, Holmberg, Reaves and Gregor.
Lily ready for what? If the move is to rest Benoit , ok, but hopefully by now Keefe knows Lily.

Reactions: Leaffan1991

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
What exactly can Tre do if once again the core shits the bed? Exactly…………..

I remember when a habs/leafs game was something to get excited about, that’s how old I am……….

Covid series reminds us of our cores shortcomings vs Habs energy at Bell center and their culture of tough D men.

Still feel we need to change the core 4

But yes. Habs get up to play us

Reactions: rumman

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Just want to say there has always been this bizarre sentiment with some here that Lil hasn't been given a fair chance. Here's another example of the exact opposite, based on play he is easily the first to sit(honourable mention Brodie) and yet he stays over a guy who's played above expectations and simply been better back there. Let tonight be the final nail in the "hard done by" bs narrative around here. Lil has/is been given every opportunity, even when he doesn't necessarily deserve it. Let's hope he shines, easy test to look good tonight with their anemic forward group.
I actually thought last year Lily was playing great going into the playoffs and somehow he was the odd man out. This year that same thing is definitely happening to Benoit for whatever reason.

Reactions: OddyOh and arso40

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Lily ready for what? If the move is to rest Benoit , ok, but hopefully by now Keefe knows Lily.
You're right. I watch every game and I don't what Lilly is. I really liked him for the five games Mo was suspended. Since then, we haven't seen it.

I also feel like sitting Benoit could be rest or a reminder that we have depth now and everyone is fighting for their spot in the lineup every night...not that Benoit has done anything to suggest he needed a wake up call.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Agreed. I used to hold that sentiment, but eventually you have to take the reins and prove to your teammates AND your coaches that you can be trusted to be thrown out there during the tough minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad