GDT: Leafs @ Habs - HNIC - 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Im ready.

giphy.gif

Strangle

May 4, 2009
This raises an interesting philosophical problem for me.

As a fan, I obviously want to see the Leafs beat the living crap out of Boston, Tampa, Florida, and what have you. Heavy on heavies, stars on stars, line brawls, hits, etc. Out Bruin the Bruins, out Lightning the Lightning, beat up the Panthers at their own game. That's the nature of sports rivalry, playoff heat, etc.

On the other hand, you could argue the Leafs top end is not designed to play that way, and any attempt to match Boston, Tampa and Florida is actually a losing proposition.

If the Leafs were able to dictate a low emotion, low intensity, fun puck possession game and Harlem Globetrotter style game where their stars thrive, that would actually be the ultimate success. Negate all of the other teams strengths, play a style you're comfortable with, and win to the tune of Hall and Oates.

Anyway, just something to think about. We're always premised on the idea of trying to match someone else's game plan.

The Leafs game plan was flawed from the start. They intended to play this way and feast on the powerplay while the other team chased them around the ice.

Dubas and Keefe didn’t really think the league would call the least amount of penalties on leaf opponents, though

I agree that on paper that sounds wonderful, but in reality it doesn’t work because the league doesn’t officiate the game by the rules

Last edited:

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Yea, I don't know where the search for heart comments are coming from.

Yesterday despite the lost was the most heart this team has shown in a while. Bertuzzi, Domi threw down. Several scrums. Marchand got jumped twice.

Great, do it again tonight. And then again on Thursday, and again and again

The no heart comments come from the past performances of this team. To change that you can’t just have one scrappy game where you get your ass kicked.

Do it 25 times now

Reactions: Macallan18

Strangle

May 4, 2009
This is the toughest team the Leafs have had in decades. It sucks Benoit is not playing

At least two decades …. And Jesus that’s f***ing sad to say

I’ve been watching 20 years of leafs teams that have been …. Softer than this?! Ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad