GDT: Leafs @ Habs - HNIC - 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
It’s more likely the puck bobbled a bit on him. Being a right handed shot, finishing that isn’t as easy as it appeared.

That's what I saw at the time and keep seeing.

He winds up to put it in and the puck bobbled back.

Reactions: ACC1224

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The increased depth on the blueline makes me believe that we'll see 11-7 during a few games down the stretch. The forward lines will obviously have a bit more of a "work in progress" look to them due to the absence of Marner more than the integration of a Dewar. We'll see how Game 1 post-TDL goes.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I’m kind of upset that Treliving’s “big” deadline move forces Benoit out of the lineup. That was my worry about bringing in just depth d that isn’t an upgrade is that it just messes with chemistry. And seemingly makes Keefe sit guys who don’t deserve to sit.
Low and behold for some reason brodie spot is safe he excels at maybe sticc checcin but isn't necessarily tall and definitely isn't physical but he takes Benoit out who's both those things

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
If Lili thought his leash was short before he better start playin his best hockey because Keefe pretty much saying he's only playing because they didn't want to take out the right shot defender.

Beating teams on the scoreboard is what our 40-50 million dollar top forwards are supposed to do. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this past week since apparently a flu bug was going around.
Once again demotivating Keefer strikes again

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Having a blueline that can go beyond being six-deep certainly doesn't bother me.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Yea, I don't know where the search for heart comments are coming from.

Yesterday despite the lost was the most heart this team has shown in a while. Bertuzzi, Domi threw down. Several scrums. Marchand got jumped twice.

Except from the "core 4" guys. I did not see any passion, or intensity from them. Bertuzzi, Domi, don't matter. If the "core 4" don't show more intensity, we are not going anywhere.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Not at all sure what you mean by that

It's not just Marners absence, Knies has been looking overwhelmed and so was moved down and Bert had earned a move up, a lot of dynamics are now changed just by those 3 things. They need to see how Dewar fits in so now that's 4 of your 12 forward positions that have changed

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Looks like he tried a pump fake on Swayman with the idea of wrapping around the net with him way out of position. Except it was completely unnecessary. I saw no bobble

Notice how he has to pull his stick back a bit to collect the puck?

...or did he actually have full control and was he trying a pump fake on an empty net instead of just shooting it in?

I'm pretty sure it was the first one.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Looks like he tried a pump fake on Swayman with the idea of wrapping around the net with him way out of position. Except it was completely unnecessary. I saw no bobble
That doesn’t make much sense but only he knows for sure.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
They don't want Brodie playing his wrong side anymore I don't think.
Understood, they can also rest some him games for the playoffs. He like Gio is older. Does Gio even play post season?

If the Leafs sit Lily in the playoffs it will really suck. When Rielly was out the kid played great. Show some trust especially with the RHD on this team sort of weak. If you sit him, trade him in the off season.. He has value, of which you will probably under value him in a trade.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Understood, they can also rest some him games for the playoffs. He like Gio is older. Does Gio even play post season?

I'm guessing Gio is just another depth D option for the team but I would be surprised if he sees playoff action unless we get another rash of D injuries.

Where does Timmins fit in all of this too?

Need to play some games to see how the new guys gel.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Yea, I don't know where the search for heart comments are coming from.

Yesterday despite the lost was the most heart this team has shown in a while. Bertuzzi, Domi threw down. Several scrums. Marchand got jumped twice.

It's more so from the core 4 than the support cast.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
It's not just Marners absence, Knies has been looking overwhelmed and so was moved down and Bert had earned a move up, a lot of dynamics are now changed just by those 3 things. They need to see how Dewar fits in so now that's 4 of your 12 forward positions that have changed
Bertuzzi-Matthews-Nylander
Domi-Tavares-Jarnkrok
Knies-Kampf-McMann
Holmberg-Dewar-Reaves

OUT: Gregor, Marner (ill/injury)

Brodie-McCabe
Rielly-Lyubushkin
Edmundson-Liljegren

OUT: Benoit (no reason) Timmins

I see.

But those aren't the only 3 things.
- Dewar is in new, should be put in a position to succeed if possible
- Edmundson new, should be put in a position to succeed if possible
- Benoit has been great
- Domi looked great at C
- Tavares isn't playing well enough to justify 2nd line minutes
- Liljegren has played badly of late, has literally helped to cost us some games

There are other "thing" . . . but there are a few coaching axioms that any good coach always follows and reverts to when making tough/awkward lineup and positional decisions:
STICK WITH:
- what is working great right now
- who is playing well right now

The mistakes I see with the coach's lineup:
- Tavares NO WAY should be on the 2nd line C. You aren't playing to win, you're playing to please players
- Keep Domi at C, he's looked great there. Just have to put him with a defensively responsible winger, especialy if you put Nylander there (Knies maybe).
- with Tavares at 3C, Kampf at 4C, you're now strong down the middle, and you can choose to put Dewar on 3rd line with Tavares even - make it simple for him!
- and lastly, you need to keep Benoit in there...I feel Keefe is making this move as a sort of political jab at Treliving to show him "look what I have to do now because you gave me another bottom pairing L shot D!!" instead of embracing the new guy.
(should go 11 and 7 I think but there's other permutations)

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Kids figure skating show tonight so it's pvr for me.
Hopefully someone has yanked Willie's head out of his ass after that last disgusting effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad